Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With the 121st pick the Colts select C Khaled Holmes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: With the 121st pick the Colts select C Khaled Holmes Reply with quote

definitely looking at depth on the OL
ColtsFan40

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a sexy pick but coming into the off season we all knew our O-Line needed a makeover.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate this pick

Holmes was god awful last year plays like a total pansy and is weak to boot see his rep numbers.

Would have gone Poyer or Patton for mine
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a USC fan, I like the pick, obviously would of looked somewhere else(WR) with the pick, but not going to hold that against Khaled!

I wouldn't rule out Khaled taking the starting job over for Satele! Even if he doesn't its good to have the depth behind him!
80tds (1 behind 22nd)

Colts Roster/Cap 2014-2018
PeytonFan18

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wayne87reggie wrote:
Being a USC fan, I like the pick, obviously would of looked somewhere else(WR) with the pick, but not going to hold that against Khaled!

I wouldn't rule out Khaled taking the starting job over for Satele! Even if he doesn't its good to have the depth behind him!

To me, WR was a top end pick. Once we get into the 3rd day, can we really expect to draft a WR who will bring us any more than Lavon Brazill? To me WR was a need because we could draft the developmental replacement of Reggie Wayne. At the end of Friday, I had moved WR well down our needs list.

As for Khaled, this doesn't surprise me at all. It was reported that we were interested here. Is he not every bit the player that Barrett Jones is? Everyone loved Jones because of the teams performance, but break him down individually and its not that impressive. Khaled should make the team as a back up to Satele (who has his own injury concerns). He's automatically better than AQ Shipley and is our C of the future.

Images courtesy of the great IndyColt#88
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: