Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

4-120: MINN - Gerald Hodges [LB] Penn State
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Klomp


Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 7313
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Gerald Hodges ‏@g_hodges6 4h
I think it should be illegal for me and Mauti to be on the same team again but hey I don't make the rules we just abide by them!!!! #yesss


Tweet from LaVar Arrington:
Quote:
LaVar Leap ArringtonVerified account ‏@LaVarArrington 1h
@g_hodges6 congrats bros! We R and will always be Lionbacker U!! Represent hunters represent!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lil Uno


Joined: 17 Sep 2007
Posts: 8001
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many people do you follow on Twitter Klomp? Laughing
_________________

Maxx Williams For Mackey
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Klomp


Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 7313
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
How many people do you follow on Twitter Klomp? Laughing


You can find posts from people you don't follow. And 826.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
joru1000


Joined: 23 Jan 2012
Posts: 2680
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

husker_vikes3 wrote:
joru1000 wrote:
so far it seems his best attribute is defending off tackle runs.

EDIT: got easily outran by the QB from Nebraska to the sideline for the first down.
A lot of people get outran by Taylor Martinez. Laughing Nothing to hold against him. I think it's a good pick.


lol well maybe i should put it this way... he was outran so bad he tripped and did a lipstand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 75233
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerald Hodges - OLB/Penn State - 6'2", 237lbs

A two-time All-Big Ten Second-team selection (2011-12)
Led PSU in tackles in both 2011 (106) and 2012 (109) with 18.5 TFL over that span
Stalks ball carriers and hits hard
Began college career as a safety and is adept in dropping into coverage
High level of athleticism and agility
Over-pursues at times, leaving himself out of position to make plays.

http://www.kfan.com/pages/vikingsblog.html?article=11232989#ixzz2RlTMJKNd
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoneWithTheWind


Joined: 01 Jun 2012
Posts: 1417
Location: Planet Namek
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Gerald Hodges - OLB/Penn State - 6'2", 237lbs

A two-time All-Big Ten Second-team selection (2011-12)
Led PSU in tackles in both 2011 (106) and 2012 (109) with 18.5 TFL over that span
Stalks ball carriers and hits hard
Began college career as a safety and is adept in dropping into coverage
High level of athleticism and agility
Over-pursues at times, leaving himself out of position to make plays.

http://www.kfan.com/pages/vikingsblog.html?article=11232989#ixzz2RlTMJKNd


But...But... How can he cover he ran a 4.8 Laughing Sorry it was amusing seeing posters flip out on the pick simply because of a bad 40 time. Love the production and the quickness and burst in small areas which is far more important than a 40 yard dash. Really like this pick.
_________________

Shoutout to JTagg7754 on the sig!

Bring Melvin Gordon to Minnesota.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 48542
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One can be a good athlete without having track speed. While Hodges is no Zaviar Gooden, I think he has functional football athleticism on the field. He doesnt appear to be a combine test numbers type athlete. A late 4th rd pick was good value on Hodges, he was one of my top 3 targets for round 4 and I thought he would have been a round 3 pick given his potential to play either OLB spot and possibly 3-4 ILB or 4-3 MLB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SemperFeist


Joined: 13 Jan 2013
Posts: 1256
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Hodges is a perfect fit for the weak side. I'm not a fan of Erin Henderson in the slightest, but for right now my guess is that he will be the teams starting middle linebacker in base defense, and the nickel backer with Greenway, to start the season.

However, I'm really hoping that Mauti or Hodges can remove Henderson from a starting spot.
_________________
"Building a great team isn't about having the best players, it's about having the right players."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 48542
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
I think Hodges is a perfect fit for the weak side. I'm not a fan of Erin Henderson in the slightest, but for right now my guess is that he will be the teams starting middle linebacker in base defense, and the nickel backer with Greenway, to start the season.

However, I'm really hoping that Mauti or Hodges can remove Henderson from a starting spot.


I wouldnt expect Henderson to be removed from a starting spot this year, unless the team acquires a veteran MLB (Urlacher). Even then, its probably a long shot that Hodges is given an opportunity to unseat Henderson at WLB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SemperFeist


Joined: 13 Jan 2013
Posts: 1256
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
SemperFeist wrote:
I think Hodges is a perfect fit for the weak side. I'm not a fan of Erin Henderson in the slightest, but for right now my guess is that he will be the teams starting middle linebacker in base defense, and the nickel backer with Greenway, to start the season.

However, I'm really hoping that Mauti or Hodges can remove Henderson from a starting spot.


I wouldnt expect Henderson to be removed from a starting spot this year, unless the team acquires a veteran MLB (Urlacher). Even then, its probably a long shot that Hodges is given an opportunity to unseat Henderson at WLB.

I agree, but still have my fingers crossed.
_________________
"Building a great team isn't about having the best players, it's about having the right players."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rpmwr19


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 26433
Location: Stillwater, MN
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why people want to remove Henderson. He's a perfect 2-down linebacker for our system.

He does a good job doing the dirty work.

He shouldn't be a three down backer, but those calling for his job likely aren't paying attention, or don't know what his responsibilities are. I'm all for competition, but Henderson has done nothing to lose his job.

All that sticks out to them is probably one blown coverage against the Packers.
_________________
RPMs Viking Roster/Cap Tracker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 48542
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Not sure why people want to remove Henderson. He's a perfect 2-down linebacker for our system.

He does a good job doing the dirty work.

He shouldn't be a three down backer, but those calling for his job likely aren't paying attention, or don't know what his responsibilities are. I'm all for competition, but Henderson has done nothing to lose his job.

All that sticks out to them is probably one blown coverage against the Packers.


Henderson will be a three down backer. A rookie or Marvin Mitchell wont be asked to.Unless MN adds Urlacher, Henderson will be forced into a three down capacity.

But i agree, as a two down player he is cheap and effective.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McNabbMcFadden


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Posts: 34626
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerald misses too many tackles, that's my biggest issue with him. Mauti can't stay healthy, otherwise they were good, not as good as Sean Lee or Bowman, but they weren't drafted that high either.
_________________


If you're gonna win a sig bet, at least do a better job than this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BLick12


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25952
Location: South Jeezy fo sheezy
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was sophomore when I was a senior in HS and played against him at Paulsboro. He played QB and safety for them as well as returned kicks and punts and he was the kicker, lol. Phenomenal athlete, he had a huge arm but ran the football mostly. Was a state champ wrestler multiple years IIRC and a do it all kind of guy at PSU as well. Might be a little undersized for the NFL but he seems like he would be an ideal nickel LB. Pretty productive player on a bad team in college, nice to see him get picked up in the NFL. Will definitely keep an eye on him.
_________________
johndeere1707 wrote:

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
CriminalMind


Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Posts: 5118
Location: Toronto, CA
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henderson is starting at least 2 downs in some capacity at WLB or MLB, until someone takes it away from him. Don't think that will happen this season.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group