Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Giants select QB - Ryan Nassib - Syracuse (4th - 110th)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
The Giants have carried only 2 QBs for a long time.

This is the biggest reason why this pick perplexes me. Are we now going to carry 3 QB's on the active roster? I'd much rather have the extra DT or DE for the rotation.

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
Gmen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
Gmen wrote:
The Giants have carried only 2 QBs for a long time.

This is the biggest reason why this pick perplexes me. Are we now going to carry 3 QB's on the active roster? I'd much rather have the extra DT or DE for the rotation.

I think we stick with two. Either find a way to stash Nassib, or cut Carr.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
dkebones

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

colm_bri wrote:
dkebones wrote:
I don't understand the fixation with "future value". How many times has it happened in the last ten years that a backup qb was traded for any, let alone legitimate, value? Schaub is the only one I can think of. Drafting isn't like the stock market or commodity investing, you don't just speculate that if you make the investment today with the expectation that you can multiply that investment into something more. Bpa vs need drafting or not, unless you are truly dedicated to this kid for 5 years as Eli's successor, this pick makes little sense to me.

Are you kidding? Just off the top of my head Mark Burnell, Brett Farve, Matt Hasselbeck, Aj Feely, Matt Schaub, and Charlie Whitehurst. All guys drafted by teams that had no need at QB used a later round pick on them and traded then a few years down the round for very good draft picks. Would rather of spent the picks on LBs that never pan out like we usually do?

your totally right, we'll definitely be able to trade Rhett Bomar- err, i mean, Ryan Nassib for a draft pick upgrade if no one pilfers him from the practice squad...
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I'd just leave you here with a small tidbit. Us Eagles fans here have officially nicknamed Barkley, "Sparkles". Thought you'd get a kick out of that. Laughing Nassib needs a nickname too.
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
Thought I'd just leave you here with a small tidbit. Us Eagles fans here have officially nicknamed Barkley, "Sparkles". Thought you'd get a kick out of that. Laughing Nassib needs a nickname too.

I'm thinking "Towel Boy"

#WeTheNorth
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:

Damn that's good. Nassib is a weird looking dude I'm sure we can come up with something Laughing
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:

Damn that's good. Nassib is a weird looking dude I'm sure we can come up with something Laughing

Hmmmn... I got nothing.

Captain Clipboard? Too cliche?

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
dkebones

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
NYGiantsman10 wrote:

Hmmmn... I got nothing.

Captain Clipboard? Too cliche?

...the Big Blue Leprechaun??? Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: