Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With the 46th selection Buffalo selects, Kiko Alonso, LB
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: With the 46th selection Buffalo selects, Kiko Alonso, LB Reply with quote

With the 46th selection in the second round, Buffalo selects, Kiko Alonso, LB, of Oregon.

I was a little surprised to see him go this early. He seems like a very athletic linebacker who will convert to the outside.

Kiko Alonso

NFL.com Draft Profile

Highlights

marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope he turns out to be like Brian Cushing.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very underrated pick I think. Here is an interview he had that was written in the Lindy's draft magazine.

Quote:
You've had some well-documented issues off the field. What can you do to convince teams they're in the past?

I'll tell teams about the changes I have made in my life to make sure those type of things won't happen again, and tell them about what I've learned from my past mistakes. They'll see that as a result of those changes I haven't been in any trouble the past couple of years, and I think my coaches will tell them that I've led by example during that time. Actions speak louder than words, and my conduct over the past couple of years will prove to them that I've matured and that I'm sorry for what I did.
DKTurtle51

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have they said they are moving him outside? I don't think he is a fit there. At least not when we are in a 34.

I like the kid. If we put off LB until the 3rd or 4th round, he would have been a guy I was hoping to target. I just thought there were better LBs available when we took him.

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKTurtle51 wrote:
Have they said they are moving him outside? I don't think he is a fit there. At least not when we are in a 34.

I like the kid. If we put off LB until the 3rd or 4th round, he would have been a guy I was hoping to target. I just thought there were better LBs available when we took him.

Only LB that has an argument would be Brown. This guy is a legit 2nd round player but because of off the field issues many thought he would fall. We were one of the teams though that must of been content not dropping him on our big board after interviewing him.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he is soooooo tall, especially for a LB at 6'3". I have to think that one reason they got him is to have someone who can cover Hernandez/Gronkowski from the LB position.

Adopt-A-Bills:
DKTurtle51

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
DKTurtle51 wrote:

Only LB that has an argument would be Brown. This guy is a legit 2nd round player but because of off the field issues many thought he would fall. We were one of the teams though that must of been content not dropping him on our big board after interviewing him.
Well if they are playing Alonso inside I would rather have had Brown, if they are playing him outside I would rather have had Collins.

If he goes stays clean for his career its a solid pick. I just wouldn't bet a 2nd rounder on it with those other guys on the board.

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This pick was puzzling IMO especially with Brown on the board
justo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiko is an athletic freak. If it wasn't for the suspension he would have blown up faster and probably been a first round pick. If you guys want to slobber all over your keyboards, watch the Kiko vs Wisconsin (Rose Bowl) game and see what he does after not playing most of the year (suspension). He just footballs. That's all he does.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killed me that he went so early. Wanted him right next to Cushing in our 3-4. I all but had him pegged as a guy who'd be there with our 3rd round pick, but looks as if the Bills jumped the gun for the guy. Can't blame 'em, he's a very good football player.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Billsfaninptown

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a die hard Oregon Duck fan I am really happy with this pick. Alonso is a football player, plain and simple. He is always around the football. He is a leader and I think he will be our defensive captain in 3-4 years.

I also believe he will have a better career than Dion Jordan. Alonso had more of an impact on defense than Jordan. There were games where Jordan would disappear. You can rarely say that about Alonso.
Selkiesxx

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Kiko is an athletic freak. If it wasn't for the suspension he would have blown up faster and probably been a first round pick. If you guys want to slobber all over your keyboards, watch the Kiko vs Wisconsin (Rose Bowl) game and see what he does after not playing most of the year (suspension). He just footballs. That's all he does.

I'm so glad that I'm not alone. He attacks, he seems to have good instincts and he is so athletic.

I love this pick.

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)
justo

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selkiesxx wrote:
justo wrote:

I'm so glad that I'm not alone. He attacks, he seems to have good instincts and he is so athletic.

I love this pick.
Before we brought back Jones I was all on the Kiko wagon. Someone needs to make a cut of him leaping over offensive linemen. This happens, I [bleep] you not, at least once a game. Full on leaps. Dives over them sometimes. Kiko is going to be nuts. He only really played from the 2011 (actually 2012) Rose Bowl on, though. Plus the alcohol problems. Hopefully he's all cleared up. So happy he's in the AFC. Really rooting for this guys. I don't think he has it upstairs to be the play caller/pre-play adjustment guy, though.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
DKTurtle51

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
DKTurtle51 wrote:

Only LB that has an argument would be Brown.
Curious what makes you say this. Alonso was the 4th traditional LB taken (43 MLB, 43 OLB, 34 ILB). I think you would be very hard pressed to find a "draft expert" who had him rated that highly. I understand those guys' boards and actual NFL team boards often look very different, but no one but Brown even has an argument?

Like I said, I like Alonso. I thought he may be a target if we took a LB in the 3rd. There is a lot to like about him. Frankly, he plays like a missle. But he often plays out of control, misses tackles, and takes poor angles.

I would have taken Bostic, Greene, Collins, Brown and Moore before I took Alonso.

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alonso has signed, only Woods and Manuel remain.

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: