Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With the 16th selection Buffalo selects, EJ Manuel, QB, FSU
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdavls17

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seminolebuc i disagree about him having the best qb coaching i feel like Jimbo's offense was way to vanilla and didnt give Ej a chance to prove himself. It was alot of checking down and dumping to the runninback. I would have liked them to be more agressive and they were not. I expect bigger plays from Ej this year.

Thanks Max
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
seminolebuc i disagree about him having the best qb coaching i feel like Jimbo's offense was way to vanilla and didnt give Ej a chance to prove himself. It was alot of checking down and dumping to the runninback. I would have liked them to be more agressive and they were not. I expect bigger plays from Ej this year.

There is a reason we drafted the kid, so hopefully a plan and we surrounded him with NFL ready talent already. I hope establishes himself in camp and we role with him. 6 wins would be a realistic goal I think.
Hootlander

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this is why we passed on Smith. Never was a fan.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9239609/geno-smith-new-york-jets-remains-spotlight-all-wrong-reasons

Peace
thedishere

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good article on manuels long and short term outlook

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/22189998/manuel-in-position-to-flourish-more-than-any-other-qb-in-draft

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thedishere wrote:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/22189998/manuel-in-position-to-flourish-more-than-any-other-qb-in-draft

Leaves me a little optimistic.. I agree with is having to upgrade our defense though especially against the run. I would love to bring in Dansby on a 2 year deal to sure that up, and I expect our pass rush and secondary to be OK.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
thedishere wrote:

Leaves me a little optimistic.. I agree with is having to upgrade our defense though especially against the run. I would love to bring in Dansby on a 2 year deal to sure that up, and I expect our pass rush and secondary to be OK.

Agreed. And as for the D, I expect change in scheme to result in increased QB pressure, which should also improve the apparent coverage in the backfield. Once again, it is the LB's I'm looking at. I can only hope that the change in scheme also fits their individual skill sets better.

Most interesting part of that article for me was the prediction of Chip Kelly running the K-Gun in Philly and how well Barkley would fit in that offense! I had read articles from other authors that we were going to be running a version of the K-Gun instead of the suggested read-option!?! I'm kind of disappointed we're not bringing it back.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most safe picks we hit on end up leaving Poz, Levitre, Whitner soon to be Byrd or get traded Lynch. Safe picks aren't moving this team any where it's all about the QB.

Just happy to spend a high pick on a QB. EJ comes as as having good football brain and all the skills just needs to put it all on the field. Consider me on board with the draft pick. If it works out at least they gambled.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: