Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With the 16th selection Buffalo selects, EJ Manuel, QB, FSU
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DKTurtle51

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
jb_gobills wrote:
Let's say E.J. sits for a year, Buffalo does terrible and ends up with a high draft pick... do they take another QB?

I'd run the same route that St. Louis did - auction off the pick to the highest bidder. The Rams are more or less set for quite a while, they have a scary looking team that will be good for a very long time.

Love the Manuel pick - before the end of last season, I saw how Manuel put the FSU team on his back and led them to a win against Clemson. There was an "IT" factor to him that game, like nothing he could do would be wrong. Just dazzled that day, made every throw and led the Seminoles on the improbable comeback...I just saw him make play after play, completely calm and collected. Nothing was able to rattle him.

If he's brought along slowly, I can see a franchise starter for 10+ years. Kid has got "IT" and will be a special QB one day.
St. Louis is potentially set up for quite a while, but the Redskins are set up for as long as RGIII plays for them. Unless Manuel looks to be special in year 1, I would take a blue chip QB prospect. I know that is not what happens in the NFL, 1st round QBs tend to get 3 years or so. Still if Bridgewater is the prospect it looks like he will be, I would not pass him up.

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
Maxmw22

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKTurtle51 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
jb_gobills wrote:
Let's say E.J. sits for a year, Buffalo does terrible and ends up with a high draft pick... do they take another QB?

I'd run the same route that St. Louis did - auction off the pick to the highest bidder. The Rams are more or less set for quite a while, they have a scary looking team that will be good for a very long time.

Love the Manuel pick - before the end of last season, I saw how Manuel put the FSU team on his back and led them to a win against Clemson. There was an "IT" factor to him that game, like nothing he could do would be wrong. Just dazzled that day, made every throw and led the Seminoles on the improbable comeback...I just saw him make play after play, completely calm and collected. Nothing was able to rattle him.

If he's brought along slowly, I can see a franchise starter for 10+ years. Kid has got "IT" and will be a special QB one day.
St. Louis is potentially set up for quite a while, but the Redskins are set up for as long as RGIII plays for them. Unless Manuel looks to be special in year 1, I would take a blue chip QB prospect. I know that is not what happens in the NFL, 1st round QBs tend to get 3 years or so. Still if Bridgewater is the prospect it looks like he will be, I would not pass him up.

I could definitely see that. If we are bad, E.J. is going to see the field, if we are picking top 5, we could have E.J. as trade bait especially if there is a top QB available. Best example I have is Jimmy Clausen and Cam Newton, even though Clausen was in the top of the 2nd.

Adopt-A-Bills:
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OffseasonChamps wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
Interesting seeing all the comments about EJ must sit this 1st year/throw Kolb to the wolves... Um, anyone else excited by the prospect of Kolb finally playing behind a better OL, with a better running game, and our current bevy of receivers, which are probably on par with what AZ has had recently? If Kolb can stay healthy, he's going to impress and T-Jax will never see the field (as he shouldn't). I'm pretty confident that our offense will be improved from last year and, once again, it will be the play of our D that determines just how many wins we can get. I suspect we could surprise quite a few teams this year or at the very least be one of those teams everyone secretly wishes they weren't playing! Twisted Evil

the enthusiasm is great, a welcome change around here...it's still Kevin Kolb but it's appreciated all the same!

i wouldn't expect the offense to average 40 pts a game right off the bat but they sure have potential to be a special unit.

i think whomever is the quickest to grasp the playbook and keeps the offense running the next play in a hurry is the guy who wins the job.

Kolb's experience in Andy Reid's WCO offense will probably help him. the excuses for Kolb's failures seem to be removed though, you're right.

Kolb's experience in Philly is certainly nothing to brag about. His 1st year in AZ was in a brand new offense with no off-season training camp. Remember that lock out? Last year was his 1st with an off-season and he played well, especially when you take into account the horrible OL play in front of him. He eventually got injured and that is my biggest concern with him. Never played more than 9 games in any NFL season. I know he is a stop-gap until Manuel is ready, but as stop-gaps go, I think he is a good one. Again, I'm saying the offense will not struggle with him under center. We will put up points while EJ learns the ropes/gets used to the speed and additional pressure as hopefully the primary backup/2nd stringer. It's our D that really needs to step up.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
OffseasonChamps wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
Interesting seeing all the comments about EJ must sit this 1st year/throw Kolb to the wolves... Um, anyone else excited by the prospect of Kolb finally playing behind a better OL, with a better running game, and our current bevy of receivers, which are probably on par with what AZ has had recently? If Kolb can stay healthy, he's going to impress and T-Jax will never see the field (as he shouldn't). I'm pretty confident that our offense will be improved from last year and, once again, it will be the play of our D that determines just how many wins we can get. I suspect we could surprise quite a few teams this year or at the very least be one of those teams everyone secretly wishes they weren't playing! Twisted Evil

the enthusiasm is great, a welcome change around here...it's still Kevin Kolb but it's appreciated all the same!

i wouldn't expect the offense to average 40 pts a game right off the bat but they sure have potential to be a special unit.

i think whomever is the quickest to grasp the playbook and keeps the offense running the next play in a hurry is the guy who wins the job.

Kolb's experience in Andy Reid's WCO offense will probably help him. the excuses for Kolb's failures seem to be removed though, you're right.

Kolb's experience in Philly is certainly nothing to brag about. His 1st year in AZ was in a brand new offense with no off-season training camp. Remember that lock out? Last year was his 1st with an off-season and he played well, especially when you take into account the horrible OL play in front of him. He eventually got injured and that is my biggest concern with him. Never played more than 9 games in any NFL season. I know he is a stop-gap until Manuel is ready, but as stop-gaps go, I think he is a good one. Again, I'm saying the offense will not struggle with him under center. We will put up points while EJ learns the ropes/gets used to the speed and additional pressure as hopefully the primary backup/2nd stringer. It's our D that really needs to step up.

I agree. I think Kolb can be a good stop gap QB for a year or two. The Bills O line is way better than Arizona's. Also we will have a solid running game, and we won't have to rely on him chucking it 40 times a game. As long as he can manage the game and move the chains he will be fine. Kolb is an upgrade to Fitzpatrick in my opinion.
Tk3

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:

To me it depends..

If it is a class like this? No

If we are bad enough for Bridgewater or Manziel? I really do consider it..

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:
jb_gobills wrote:

To me it depends..

Manziel? lol
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:
jb_gobills wrote:

To me it depends..

If we are bad enough for Bridgewater or Fales? I really do consider it..

FYP.

Manziel shouldn't be sniffed around the first pick, and this is coming from someone who likes his NFL potential.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
TommyC376

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget Derek Carr

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a really cool video clip. Let's hope it's the beginning of a beautiful relationship between E.J. and Buffalo!

E.J. Manuel's Journey from NYC to Buffalo

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Don't forget Derek Carr

I was mostly speaking from a "right now" perspective. Right now, Carr has a ton of work to do, though the natural upside is definitely still there.

Oh and E.J. will definitely fit in with the city, hope his godfather gives him some tips.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
Don't forget Derek Carr

I was mostly speaking from a "right now" perspective. Right now, Carr has a ton of work to do, though the natural upside is definitely still there.

Oh and E.J. will definitely fit in with the city, hope his godfather gives him some tips.

Same could be said for Logan Thomas.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
QuinneyluvsNFL

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
Tk3 wrote:
jb_gobills wrote:

To me it depends..

Manziel? lol

stared at this post for a good few seconds before realising I never wrote it, having the same sig is going to confuse me dude!

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
jb_gobills wrote:

He also single handily lost the UF game with 4 turnovers and completely falling apart.
That's the way EJ is though. He's extremely up and down, also lacking killing instinct it takes to take over games while at the same time dazzling you with an amazing throw at some point.

I'm excited to see how some NFL coaching will go. He got some of the best QB coaching you can get in college but it still isn't the same as he'll get in buffalo I'm sure.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:
This is a really cool video clip. Let's hope it's the beginning of a beautiful relationship between E.J. and Buffalo!

Hate or love the pick; If you don't get goos bumps watching this then you may be soulless.
Tk3

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
jb_gobills wrote:

Hate or love the pick; If you don't get goos bumps watching this then you may be soulless.

goosebumps? really? good to watch, nothing unusual or special about the video..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: