Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Strong Finish...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tha Franchise

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Strong Finish... Reply with quote

We have all mocked dozens of scenarios here, and thus far each selection was a player whose name was on plenty of our wish lists. I preferred one of the OTs at 5, but easily would have taken Ansah given what was left for us in the actual draft.

Warford I liked in 2 with a slight trade down, and Slay in a trade up. He has the size, speed, and tape to be a solid CB. With Rhodes going a few picks earlier the only CB I would have preferred would have been Jamar Taylor. Not bad to get your 2nd best option. I wanted Warford or Kyle Long in a trade back up into 2. Well Long was far gone, and we got Warford with no trade up. Love it.

Now how to finish the job..,,

Free Agency- extend Stafford before price continues to rise.
Free Agency- go get Freeney. He doesn't fit Denver 3-4, and he wanted to play here. We play Freeney and Ansah, and rotate Jason Jones at all 4 positions to keep the line fresh. Imagine Ansah with Freeney teaching him moves and pushing him to produce.
Free Agency- Quentin Jammer. I could see him slide in to safety if Delmas foes down. He could start opposite Houston, provide depth in event of injury, and allow Slay to ease in his role. Jammer will be cheap too.

Stafford is due 12.5, 11, and 15 million through 2015 and he will be 28 at that time. I am thinking 4 years and 85 million for an extension. Make 60 of it guaranteed. He was going to get about 40 the next 3 years anyway. Thus only adding 20 million in guarantees. We lock him up til he is 31 and go from there with another possible 4-5 year extension at that point if all works out

Freeney- 2 years 11m with with 6m guaranteed and all paid in 2013
Jammer- 2 years and 5m

Draft- trade up. We offer what is necessary to move up or Khaseem Greene. Heis an athlete, gym rat, and impact player. His mobile married to his production has him starting at OLB day 1.

Freeney/Young
Suh/Jones
Fairley/Mosley
Ansh/Jones

Greene/Whitehead
Tulloch/Lewis
Levy/Palmer

Jammer/Slay
Quin/Spievey
Delmas/Jammer
Houston/Bentley/Green

Nice D.

End of round 4 options

Patton
Swore
Rogers
Harris

Barrett Jones

We either fix WR or finish interior OL
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we add one of Patton or Rogers because theres not much out there at WR. In FA, I want Clabo and Idonije (backup to Jason Jones). Freeney would e amazing but unneeded

R.I.P. Stylish
imBlackSheep

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 Ezekial Ansah DE BYU
2 Darius Slay CB Mississippi State
3 Larry Warford RG Kentucky
4 Jasper Collins WR Mount Union
5 Barrett Jones C Alabama
6 Chris Jones DT Bowling Green
7 Dustin Hopkins K Florida State
7 Ryan Allen P Louisiana Tech
imBlackSheep

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Patton it would be nice but I don't see it. I do love the idea of getting Freeney and Jammer though and that is still very possible.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This deep in the draft if they add a WR I hope its Chris Harper.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: