Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Day 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is the Thursday/Friday draft stupid?
Yes, they should change it back, they are ruining Christmas!
58%
 58%  [ 7 ]
No Beck, you're just old. No one cares how far you had to walk to school.
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 12

ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone got their boy

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
ark23

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOVE the Fragel pick. I think he's a third rounder. So athletic, he is a mauler in the run game, great functional strength and can put on weight. I think he would be a great third tackle when we go into our jumbo sets.

Kinda surprised we took Hawkinson and Fragel though with the resigning of Andre. Wouldn't be shocked if Fragel develops into the eventual replacement at LT for Whitworth when he's done.

Tyler Bray with our last pick?
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyler Bray or Matt Scott?

i think a CB could be our last pick though

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fragel in the 7th is fantastic!! Love the Cobi Hamilton pick. Watched Tyler Wilson feed him ball after ball and they couldn't be stopped at times.

"Work Hard, Play Hard"
daboyle250 on the sig!
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still hoping on Rogers haha.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HangOnSloopy wrote:
Fragel in the 7th is fantastic!! Love the Cobi Hamilton pick. Watched Tyler Wilson feed him ball after ball and they couldn't be stopped at times.

i just dont like that he lets the ball get into his chest, doesnt catch a lot with his hands

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedGreenShow wrote:
Still hoping on Rogers haha.

That's who I want. Been wanting him since the 5th haha. Huge upside at this point.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJ Johnson C from SC

dont know much about him, but doesnt hurt competition at C

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
HangOnSloopy wrote:

i just dont like that he lets the ball get into his chest, doesnt catch a lot with his hands

This is why I'm not a huge fan of Hamilton. He isn't a natural hands catcher, not a plucker. Stiff guy too who didn't show good straight line speed. Still in the sixth that's not a pick I'm gonna be all that angry about.

Love T.J. Johnson. Mean streak, four year starter at South Carolina. Not a real athletic guy but he has great strength, plays with good leverage and has some tenacity. Mauler in the run game. I think he will stick on our roster.
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ark23 wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
HangOnSloopy wrote:

This is why I'm not a huge fan of Hamilton. He isn't a natural hands catcher, not a plucker. Stiff guy too who didn't show good straight line speed. Still in the sixth that's not a pick I'm gonna be all that angry about.

Love T.J. Johnson. Mean streak, four year starter at South Carolina. Not a real athletic guy but he has great strength, plays with good leverage and has some tenacity. Mauler in the run game. I think he will stick on our roster.

From what i saw Hamilton showed some nice deep speed. He's definitely a long strider but at his peak the kids flies. And yeah, his hands are pretty suspect. For a sixth round guy he's good value. He has more upside than Whalen.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
Warpticon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedGreenShow wrote:
ark23 wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
HangOnSloopy wrote:

From what i saw Hamilton showed some nice deep speed. He's definitely a long strider but at his peak the kids flies. And yeah, his hands are pretty suspect. For a sixth round guy he's good value. He has more upside than Whalen.

That's Hamilton in a nutshell. He has long speed. He doesn't have the short speed to create separation, but if he catches the ball on the move he can outrun a lot of guys.
Hokie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to hand out my draft grades; didn't feel like starting a new thread.

1. Tyler Eifert: A

I've already stated why I think this is a great pick, but for a quick summary... guy catches everything. He excels in making contested catches and doesn't drop anything. Will give Dalton a reliable 3rd down option and I think will ultimately be better than Gresham. Can line up at split-end and create mismatches against opposing corners. Outstanding red zone weapon.

2A. Giovani Bernard: B

Should give the Bengals an element they've been missing for years. Quicker than fast, but does everything well. I don't think he ever becomes a bellcow/every down back, but he'll be a nice complement to BJGE.

2B. Margus Hunt: B

Classic boom/bust pick. Should provide an immediate impact on special teams (he's going to block some kicks). Has loads of potential, but will be old for a rookie and is raw.

3. Shawn Williams: C+

Is a tackling machine, a good leader, and is fast. Good size/strength. He's limited in man-coverage and has stiff hips. To me, he's a less-athletic but higher IQ version of Taylor Mays. I don't like his upside and am hoping he proves me wrong. I'm guessing he competes for a starting spot with Mays and Iloka.

4. Sean Porter: B-

We needed some depth at LB. Porter should be a decent backup from day 1, but I'm not sure if he'll develop into much more. Is a leader and was productive in college. Decent, unsexy pick.

5. Tanner Hawkinson: D

Yeah, I don't get this one. I don't think he has nearly enough strength to compete at the next level and feel this was a reach, even for the 5th round. Seems like we reach for a OL project every year. Alexander seems to be really high on him though.

6A. Rex Burkhead: C-

Yeah, don't really get this one either. I've seen Leonard comparisons, but I think that's underselling Leonard. Guy appears to be a gym rat, and I'm sure he'll bust it to make the team. Seems like the kind of guy who would have to stick on special teams, and we already have Peerman. He's going to be in an uphill battle to make the squad (BJGE, Bernard, and Peerman are locks).

6B. Cobi Hamilton: A-

My favorite Day 3 pick; think he has a real shot at making the team. Productive college receiver who is faster than he times. Could develop into a solid vertical threat. I'm looking for upside in late round picks, and he has it.

7A. Reid Fragel: B+

I'm not as high on him as some of you, but he's great value here. Smart and strong. Is a bit like Roland. Has upside to start eventually.

7B: T.J. Johnson: B

Good value pick here who may push Robinson for a spot. He's a mauler.

UDFA: Goard was a very good get and will push for a spot. May become a decent vertical threat; he has upside. Sharp was another good get who may push in training camp. McCalebb is blazing fast but doesn't offer much else. I don't know much about (or expect much of) the rest.

Overall grade: B

I'm not as high on our draft as some of the "experts". Certainly wasn't a bad draft, but it could have been better IMO. Thought Eifert was a great pick, but I'm extremely disappointed we didn't walk out of this draft with a sure-fire starter at safety. Don't think some of our day 3 picks will amount to much. If Hunt proves to boom instead of bust, and if Williams develops into a solid starter at safety, this draft goes from solid to outstanding, IMO. Hunt is probably the guy who makes or breaks this draft.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I like the Bernard pick more but not getting a safety kills me.

I really like Burkhead. He isn't sexy or the kind of back teams drool over. But he will work his butt off and is the ideal replacement for Leonard. He can pass black and catch out of the backfield. Will put everything he has into getting every inch. I think he sticks on this team

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell you guys that that Burkehead pick will be one of if not the best pick in your draft. He is an absolute stud. He is just as good as the RBs at the top of this draft. AKA Eddie Lacy and Monte Ball. He just had a much worse OLINE

Best of luck to you guys and good draft!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured this might be of better use here:

Kempes made it for me about a month or so ago.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: