Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RB Montee Ball
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:07 am    Post subject: RB Montee Ball Reply with quote

I find that the eventual replacement for McGahee needs his own thread in which we can share our thoughts on the player, his fit for the team and progress over the offseason. To start things off, a few nice impressions from the moment he heard he would be selected 58 overall, more importantly, 58 overall by the Broncos. Also, a few highlights.

Links

Elway call and reaction:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV351ie_WSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

First post selection interview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoklNciGzWQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Highlights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXxjpYqy4tM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a little heart broken over Le'Veon Bell getting taken off the board before the Broncos got him. But, if you have to settle, why not settle for a guy who has the most rushing TDs in NCAA history. Those highlights show him in the end zone quite often.
broncospride95

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only negative thing about Ball is the large amount of carries in college, but he is very durable. I do like this pick because of Ball's elite vision and his juke move. He's a great goal line back and can make people miss, especially with his juke move. He wasn't my first choice at #58, but I do think he can and will be a good-very good RB for us. Him and Hillman will make a great duo imo.

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly LOVE the player. Hes hard nosed, has excellent burst and quickness, knows how to find the endzone and never leaves a yard on the field.

My biggest worry is how long he can last. I mentioned this throughout the draft process. Hes had almost 1,000 carries in college and another 500+ in HS. We all know the shelf-life in the NFL for a RB isnt long (usually 4-5 years), is his even shorter than that?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well someone in the other monte thread posted a great stat that showed that ray rice had 910 carries in college and monte had 924 and monte played a full year longer than rice

^Jamison^
Broncos, Michigan Athletics, Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs.. Sad
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

denverbroncos23 wrote:
Well someone in the other monte thread posted a great stat that showed that ray rice had 910 carries in college and monte had 924 and monte played a full year longer than rice

Whoever posted that - cannot find it among the threads here - has a point. Next to Rice, other all pro RBs were mentioned, too. So there is statistical precedence for both the boom and bust side of a prospect such as Ball who was already employed much before joining the pro ranks. I suppose one has to take a step back and reserve judgement for a while.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite those carries, I don't think he has a steep injury history, other than getting the sh(^*%t kicked out of him by a group of dudes.
mke1010

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok it was Elwayfan07 that posted this:

According to Elway and Fox Lacy's medicals scared them away. Ball is durable. Thurman Thomas, Herschel Walker, Marcus Allen, LaDanian Tomlinson, Tony Dorsett, Ricky Williams, Cedric Benson... ALL REACHED 900 carries in college. So I'm not sure that is a harbinger to being a bust.

So all these guys who are moaning and talking as if Montee Ball will not last more than two season in the NFL, can you explain how Thurman Thomas, Herschel Walker, Marcus Allen, Tomlinson, Dorestt , Ricky Williams and Cedric Benson all managed to have long productive careers? I eagerly await your explanation. Oh yeah, apparently Ray Rice also had near the same number of carries as did Ball in college.

P.S- Akrna I love the Curtis Martin comparison. Ball seems to be a back that will not wow you but every season you look up and he has gotten you 1400 yards, stayed injury free and did not fumble the ball.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Montee Ball: "I grew up watching #Broncos they're my favorite team"
germ-x

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
I honestly LOVE the player. Hes hard nosed, has excellent burst and quickness, knows how to find the endzone and never leaves a yard on the field.

My biggest worry is how long he can last. I mentioned this throughout the draft process. Hes had almost 1,000 carries in college and another 500+ in HS. We all know the shelf-life in the NFL for a RB isnt long (usually 4-5 years), is his even shorter than that?

This is basically how i feel.

However, it isn't the amount of carries that worry me about Ball, it is the concussions. A player with frequent head injuries worries me more than a guy with a restructured knee.
broncos67

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that he's a Broncos fan and has been growing up. That's just awesome. People who gripe about his wear and tear need to stop because he's not going to have that same role here. We'll keep him fresher with a rotation.

Thanks, Tzimisce
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

However, it isn't the amount of carries that worry me about Ball, it is the concussions. A player with frequent head injuries worries me more than a guy with a restructured knee.

Thats a good point. 2 concussions in a year for a RB is a red flag.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
germ-x wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

To be fair, one of them wasn't football related.

Thanks, Tzimisce
mke1010

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
germ-x wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

To be fair, one of them wasn't football related.

Wasnt he assaulted or something of that nature?
broncs4life

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so freaking happy!!!!!! He will be very good for us!!! Immediate impact!!

Thanks to Delphi83 for the incredible sig and Avatar!
Von Miller 2011 DROY!!!
IT'S MILLER TIME!!
GO BRONCOS!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: