Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions 2013 Draft > Minnesota/Green Bay/Chicago 2013 Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Ansah is a product of hype! They got their hype 15 spots later

People can't knock Floyd on hype and not Ansah

That would be incorrect.

Ansah really is that athletic and really did look that good in a system that played to his strengths.

Floyd was being projected to do something when he wasn't nearly as athletic and didn't dominate the Senior Bowl or anything else for that matter.

No, Floyd was much more hype than Ansah.

Floyd had production Ansah did not

Floyd less hype than Ansah

Ansah moved up the boards using workouts and the Senior Bowl. Floyd moved up about 20 spots after all that was done because of....hype.

Ansah less hype than Floyd - at least his draft status was. Floyd was in the 20s on my board. Eight about where he was taken. When I watched Ansah trying to knock him, I couldn't.

Floyd played better comp and had better film

Floyd fell about 15-20 spots on majority of EXPERTS boards

Floyd was easily a better pick given value of where he was taken and the more proven guy

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
thenoilif

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never understood why Floyd shot up draft charts. Sure he had some production but he was no where near the prospect Dorsey, Suh, Fairley and Star are/were. He went right where he should so giving the Vikings any sort of bump for that doesnt make sense. He is a fairly safe pick with limited upside.
Ansah on the other hand has much higher upside and has the tools to be elite but he also has a very low floor so it all depends on what you think is more value in the long run when comparing these two guys.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thenoilif wrote:
I never understood why Floyd shot up draft charts. Sure he had some production but he was no where near the prospect Dorsey, Suh, Fairley and Star are/were. He went right where he should so giving the Vikings any sort of bump for that doesnt make sense. He is a fairly safe pick with limited upside.
Ansah on the other hand has much higher upside and has the tools to be elite but he also has a very low floor so it all depends on what you think is more value in the long run when comparing these two guys.

Precisely.

The Phantom jump Floyd made never made any sense. He had tape that proved....he should have been drafted right where he was. So he was value, but no kind of great value pick. Just like Ansah, but when you are in the top 5 it is hard to get a "steal" Laughing
WillieYoungSon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather play Minny with those three players rather than Harvin every day of the week, so their offseason sucked.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate it, but GB and Minny have good drafts so far. Floyd is going to take over for Kevin Williams, but he likely wont have a huge immediate impact. Rhodes was my favorite CB, and unfortunately I think he matches up with Calvin well (Calvin will still beat him, but Stafford may be reluctant to throw to him). Patterson is also another player I really like and I think we will have to either double him up or play him way off. All 3 picks are risky though.

I absolutely loved Datone Jones. He is a perfect DE for them, and now they have Worthy, Jones, Matthews, and Perry. I honestly would have loved to have traded up for him and started him over Jason Jones. Lacy is also in the bet situation for him. He is a big back with a small back style, and he'll get plenty of rest in GB and will be able to play in space.

The Bears draft is not that good. Low bust potential players, but little upside.

One good thing is that Minny gave up a lot for CP, and GB traded back passing over some good players.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WillieYoungSon wrote:
I would rather play Minny with those three players rather than Harvin every day of the week, so their offseason sucked.

Well, I disagree with your assessment of their offseason. Any time you get 3 1rd picks and hit needs with value players with every one of them, it is hard to say they are having a bad offseason. But I do agree with the first assessment.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WillieYoungSon wrote:

Minny signed Greg Jennings though. I find that as a slight downgrade if any, if he stays healthy. So, it's pretty much the same deal. They also added DJ Williams the LB from Denver. They have improved this offseason, and a decent amount if you ask me.

Adopt-A-Lion - Larry Warford, OG as in Original Gangsta
LionsFan630

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say the Lions are having a good draft, if Ziggy pans out and lives up to his physical talents it'll probably go down as a great draft.

Like what the Vikings have done. Shariff Floyd should step in a play next to Williams and gives them a building block at DT. Xavier Rhodes is a nice corner. Patterson gives Ponder another weapon in the passing game along with Rudolph and Jennings which should undoubtedly make it even tougher to stop AP.

For the Bears I think Kyle Long was a fairly significant reach but it does fill a need for them I guess.

I like what the Packers have done. Jones will help the DL, as if it really needed more help, and Lacy should provide them with a solid RB which they haven't had in quite some time. Not to mention they still have 10 more picks through which they can solidify the defense.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
thenoilif wrote:

Precisely.

The Phantom jump Floyd made never made any sense. He had tape that proved....he should have been drafted right where he was. So he was value, but no kind of great value pick. Just like Ansah, but when you are in the top 5 it is hard to get a "steal" Laughing

Could not agree more. I was so confused when people had Floyd jumping Star (even before the heart thing). Put the tape on again, and remained confused. He has a chance to be pretty good as a run defender but he's not going to be a world-beater, IMO.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, I happen to like what Green Bay and Minnesota have done so far.

Green Bay- B+

Datone Moore is a solid DE, which helps their pass rush quite a bit. Eddie Lacy is the RB they've been searching for since Ryan Grant started going downhill. Both players should make an immediate impact for them.

Minnesota- A

Floyd on a line with Allen and Robison is scary. Rhodes is a very good CB, one we all discussed for our Lions. And despite mixed reaction about Patterson, they needed to get Ponder some weapons and Patterson doesn't have to be their #1 right away and can learn from a great pro in Greg Jennings. All three guys will make an immediate impact.

Chicago- C

I don't really know what to say about their draft. Kyle Long was a reach IMO. But Chicago needs OL help to keep Cutler upright. Chicago has only made the playoffs once since Cutler got there. Their OL is a big reason why. For all the talk to Lions needing to make the playoffs or being on the hot seat, I think Chicago might be in the same boat. Bostic was an okay pick too, I guess. They needed a MLB with Urlacher gone, but I feel like they reached for the guy and didn't get good value. I don't think either player is horrible ad they needed help at those positions, but I personally don't care for the picks.

Detroit- B-

Obviously, I'm no high on the Lions first round selection. But the made up for it in day two. Darius Slay is a good CB prospect who was graded by many to b a high second round pick. He was invited to the draft, so their was interest from teams in him. And what can you can about Warford? We were hoping to get him a #36 and got him at #65. Tremendous upside. Instant starter for the next 10 years.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank god Minny has screwed up recently with some picks. Imagine if they did this:

Instead of Ponder, they draft Nick Fairley.

Instead if trading Harvin, they keep him (give him his cash). This means no Rhodes.

Instead of Floyd, draft Geno.

Keep the Patterson trade up

QB- Geno
RB- AP
WR- Patterson - Jennings - Harvin
TE- Rudolph

DE- Allen
DT- Williams
DT- Fairley
DE- Robison

Thank god for Christian Ponder! Laughing
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
Montana badboy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to like to rate drafts the day after they happen. And Detroit should smoke the rest of the NFC in the draft if we rate it right now, we have higher picks. Also, I tend not to care what the other teams do, I like our draft a lot, and GB and Minn can do whatever they want and it wont change that.

[quote="LionsFTW"]I would throw my $1300 50 inch plasma in the garbage if we drafted Fairley.[quote]
RIP CITY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
They also added DJ Williams the LB from Denver. They have improved this offseason, and a decent amount if you ask me.

Right Division, wrong team. Bears signed Williams and James Anderson. If D.J. Williams stays healthy and plays like he usually did, James Anderson continues to play like he has the last couple seasons and they slide Briggs over to MLB, this could actually be the most complete LB crew the Bears have had. Usually it's Urlacher, Briggs and some other guy, this year all 3 could be close to Pro Bowl level. Could be a really nasty group if they're all healthy and play to their normal standards.

That's why I've been kind of baffled as to why everyone thought they needed a LB so desperately. That should be one of the better LB groups in the League. Urlacher was huge as a leader and was still a good player but he wasn't dominate anymore, I think they're better at LB now. I guess when you lose a player of Urlacher's name value and leadership people see it as a big hole, but Briggs can hold down the middle and the other two the outside.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: