Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions 2013 Draft > Minnesota/Green Bay/Chicago 2013 Draft
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spurlock84

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Lions 2013 Draft > Minnesota/Green Bay/Chicago 2013 Draft Reply with quote

Yeah I said it, The Lions 2013 Draft SO FAR is better than anyone else is our division.

Minnesota- 23- Shariff Floyd 25 Xavier Rhodes 29 Cordarelle Patterson

Good Value picks in Floyd and Rhodes but IMO Ansah>Floyd and Rhodes and Slay are even to me. I really think Slay fits our scheme and will be really good with us, Bentley inside. Lets just say i think our Secondary went from a weakness to a Strength this year. Cordarelle Patterson is a huge risk, they gave up alot to get him, and i had Warford graded just as high and we got him at 65.

Green Bay- Datone Jones Eddie Lacy

I liked Datone Jones as a 4-3 DE but Green Bay didnt fill a need with Jones. Where is Nick Perry??????? I just think the Packers didnt address O line and traded back too much in a draft that there isnt alot of sure things. Lacy played on a stacked team and has character issues i dont think he will be any better than Benson was for them.

Chicago- Kyle Long Jon Bostic

I cant wait to play the bears ....... I cant wait to smack the hell out of them. They will finish last in our division and the 2014 bears will be a totally different team. WATCH

Lets Hope and Pray these next couple rounds go good. I think WR DE Speed Back and BPA these next picks who you guys got?
Typical_Lions

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can say that the Vikings had a good draft and I won't disagree but one must always factor in that they had to trade 4 picks (52, 83, 120, 229) to obtain him. Patterson might be a good pick but they had to sacrifice a lot to make it happen.

As far as Floyd and Rhodes go I think they are both very good picks that fit their needs. The big question is whether or not Floyd fell into their lap fortuitously or because he is overrated. Too soon to tell.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the optimism Laughing
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Floyd was a better prospect than Ansah and they landed him in the 20s. That's insane IMO. Rhodes I had as a top 20 prospect so they got value there. Patterson is a risk but will at least provide the return ability they lost in Harvin while learning the WR position from Greg Jennings. A line of Williams, Floyd and Allen scares me. Sure they gave a lot to get him but late picks are such a crap shoot and for each round, the level of success goes down. Given their situation, I really like the move.

The Packers have had another unspectacular draft. I think they have Datone Jones play DE after bulking up some and playing the Watt role. He will be a solid addition to their line. I also disagree about Lacy. I think he is a major upgrade to what they had. I think our draft is better, but do to us picking higher. They got really good value with Lacy IMO.

The Bears draft would make me angry as a Bears fan. Obstice is solid but unspectacular to me. Long is not a top 20 prospect at all IMO, in fact isn't in my top 40. Good luck with him and Carimi at OT. They needed to upgrade their line but I think Warford would have been a better pick at 20 and we got him at 65.

Adopt-A-Lion - Larry Warford, OG as in Original Gangsta
imBlackSheep

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Love the optimism Laughing

No doubt, Chicago is LULZ but that's expected. My thoughts

#1 Minnesota
#2 Detroit
#3 Green Bay
#4 Chicago

Patterson is still dangerous with ball in his hands and they can use him similar to how they used Harvin, Shariff Floyd @23 is just…grumble worthy, and Rhodes there could go bust or be good at least. I'm pisted about Lacy being drafted where he was and to who, but don't fear Datone Jones much (he will be good but not worth his spot). Chicago like I said is lulz and that is expected. I think we did very well but Minnesota is going to be tough this year I think.
RIP CITY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we had a better Draft than Chicago and Green Bay, as it stands right now. You can never say for sure until you see the players play on the field but it looks better so far.

Now, between Detroit and Minnesota I would say Minnesota at this point by a pretty decent margin. But again, that's before any of these players have played a down in the NFL.

Don't agree with you on Slay being almost as good as Rhodes but I hope you're right. Ansah and Floyd are both unknowns, I think both will be pretty good players. Don't love Patterson but I think Minnesota does a good job of getting the most out of their players so he could end up being pretty solid.

Unfortunately, even if this Lions Draft Class ends up being the best of the Division, I still think the Lions finish last in the Division. They are just not as talented as Green Bay and Chicago and even though I don't think Minnesota is an overly talented team overall, they have the biggest non-QB impact player in the NFL that can carry them into the Playoffs on his back, Adrian Peterson. They just have better chemistry, focus and discipline at this point. And they are, at worst, just as talented as us.

The Lions defense got better the last two days, but it just went from horrendous to possibly adequate this offseason. As for the offense, they have to return to their 2011 form to even compete for 3rd place in this Division. I just don't see this team finishing with a better record than anyone in this Division, which isn't the greatest Division ever but is pretty tough.

But, still have some hope that maybe we can make some pretty good additions in FA after we re-up Stafford, then I would possibly reassess my thoughts on their chances in the Division. Hope they surprise me like 2011 but I don't see it based on the rosters.

Last edited by RIP CITY on Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:06 am; edited 2 times in total
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floyd was a product of hype. The reason he dropped to the 20s is because he was a prospect of value about in the 20s.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Floyd was a product of hype. The reason he dropped to the 20s is because he was a prospect of value about in the 20s.

You can say that about anyone. According to that concept there are no steals or reaches. He was a top prospect, but didn't fit the scheme of those who needed D Line. He is purely a 4-3 DT which cuts out half the teams. He is very similar to Nick Fairley IMO who also was a top 5 prospect.

Adopt-A-Lion - Larry Warford, OG as in Original Gangsta
spurlock84

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im speaking on grading prospects for me and need. Lets Look at this.....

Our Secondary

RCB-Slay-Bartell-Greenwood
LCB-Houston-Green
Nickel-Bentley-
SS-Delmas-Speivey-Silva
FS-Quin-Carey

Thats a very improved Secondary not even saying this

LDE-Jones-Young
DT-Suh-Mosely
DT-Fairley-Jones
RDE-Ansah-Young

WOW- WOW- WOW

We will add another DE also maybe a Veteran also...i expect the Dline too have a couple more additions

OOOO and I almost forgot

LT-Reiff-Fox-Hilliard
LG-Sims-Hilliard
C-Raiola/Nagy
RG-Warford-Hilliard
RT-Fox-Hilliard

Fox is very under the radar but everyone in Detroit loves him every time Hilliard is in there i yell at the TV to keep him in.

Give me a WR and DE 132 and 137 please
detfan782004

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:

Ansah is a product of hype! They got their hype 15 spots later

People can't knock Floyd on hype and not Ansah

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:

That would be incorrect.

Ansah really is that athletic and really did look that good in a system that played to his strengths.

Floyd was being projected to do something when he wasn't nearly as athletic and didn't dominate the Senior Bowl or anything else for that matter.

No, Floyd was much more hype than Ansah.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

You can say that about anyone. According to that concept there are no steals or reaches. He was a top prospect, but didn't fit the scheme of those who needed D Line. He is purely a 4-3 DT which cuts out half the teams. He is very similar to Nick Fairley IMO who also was a top 5 prospect.

As a prospect, he isn't nearly the prospect Fairley was.Same type, sure, but not even near the production, tape, or domination of a major game.
spurlock84

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP CITY wrote:
I think we had a better Draft than Chicago and Green Bay, as it stands right now. You can never say for sure until you see the players play on the field but it looks better so far.

Now, between Detroit and Minnesota I would say Minnesota at this point by a pretty decent margin. But again, that's before any of these players have played a down in the NFL.

Don't agree with you on Slay being almost as good as Rhodes but I hope you're right. Ansah and Floyd are both unknowns, I think both will be pretty good players. Don't love Patterson but I think Minnesota does a good job of getting the most out of their players so he could end up being pretty solid.

Unfortunately, even if this Lions Draft Class ends up being the best of the Division, I still think the Lions finish last in the Division. They are just not as talented as Green Bay and Chicago and even though I don't think Minnesota is an overly talented team overall, they have the biggest non-QB impact player in the NFL that can carry them into the Playoffs on his back, Adrian Peterson. They just have better chemistry, focus and discipline at this point. And they are, at worst, just as talented as us.

The Lions defense got better the last two days, but it just went from horrendous to possibly adequate this offseason. As for the offense, they have to return to their 2011 form to even compete for 3rd place in this Division. I just don't see this team finishing with a better record than anyone in this Division, which isn't the greatest Division ever but is pretty tough.

But, still have some hope they maybe we can make some pretty good additions in FA after we re-up Stafford, then I would possibly reassess my thoughts on their chances in the Division. Hope they surprise me like 2011 but I don't see it based on the rosters.

Watch this and tell me he doesnt fit our scheme perfectly and is a ballhawk, i really disagree with alot of people with Minnesota.

Floyd good value but i dont feel he is a game changer....Is he better than Fairley??? Honest question? I think our boy Warford Handles him... I wanna see Reiff and Allen this year.

Rhodes- gets lost in space alot i used to like him alot but i watched alot more film as the draft got closer and he just manhandles people that are alot smaller than him in college. I will probably be the happiest guy on the earth if they line him up across from Megatron week 1.

Patterson- Doesnt run good routes, but is dangerous with ball in hands, alot of red flags but this is the make or break pick for them.....

All in all I bet we whoop Minnesotas [inappropriate/removed] week 1, They lost winfield and harvin IMO 2 of their top 5 players how can drafting 3 unproven rookies be a step ahead ?? i still dont get it really
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

That would be incorrect.

Ansah really is that athletic and really did look that good in a system that played to his strengths.

Floyd was being projected to do something when he wasn't nearly as athletic and didn't dominate the Senior Bowl or anything else for that matter.

Floyd had production Ansah did not

Floyd less hype than Ansah

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

That would be incorrect.

Floyd had production Ansah did not

Floyd less hype than Ansah

Ansah moved up the boards using workouts and the Senior Bowl. Floyd moved up about 20 spots after all that was done because of....hype.

Ansah less hype than Floyd - at least his draft status was. Floyd was in the 20s on my board. Eight about where he was taken. When I watched Ansah trying to knock him, I couldn't.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: