Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Menelik Watson and Sio Moore
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dat Raider wrote:
kmonahan07 wrote:
McKenzie loves Greg Otten, he should be coming off the board tomorrow, I. Prefer okafor, but we love otten

Okafor is a LE more than a RE. He's a good player, but we are already set at LE with Houston.

Easy fix if they want to move Houston to the other side. He has the bulk to do it.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
reddevil

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:
kmonahan07 wrote:
McKenzie loves Greg Otten, he should be coming off the board tomorrow, I. Prefer okafor, but we love otten

Okafor is a LE more than a RE. He's a good player, but we are already set at LE with Houston.

Easy fix if they want to move Houston to the other side. He has the bulk to do it.

I don't think he has the natural physique to play RE, but if you've seen pictures of Houston recently you'll see he has slimmed down massively. Again, I don't think he suits playing RE but there is a slim possibility the team have asked him to loose weight to move over. It certainly would explain why the FO hasn't done anything to improve that side of the d-line.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched a bit of Watson and Mayock isn't lying when he says he has no idea what he's doing. Not good technically and he struggles to find someone to block. But when he does, it's all over. He's nasty.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
I watched a bit of Watson and Mayock isn't lying when he says he has no idea what he's doing. Not good technically and he struggles to find someone to block. But when he does, it's all over. He's nasty.

I agree. He's a beast getting to the second level, but once he's there he's like "Now what" lol. However, he's a smart guy, disciplined and willing to learn. He said in his interview that there is still some technical things he has to work on, and I think Sparano will take care of that. He's a very good player, and physically, does everything well. When he gets the mental part down, watch out.
Dat Raider

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:
kmonahan07 wrote:

True, to your latter point, but Houston is too big to play RE and have an impact. He's not quick enough to beat LTs on the edge. 6'3'' 285lbs-290lbs is too big for a 4-3 RE.
Dat Raider

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, it just sunk in we drafted a Brit. Bloop bloop bloop! He's a Manc, but he's still a Brit.

GET IN MY SON!
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dat Raider wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:
kmonahan07 wrote:

True, to your latter point, but Houston is too big to play RE and have an impact. He's not quick enough to beat LTs on the edge. 6'3'' 285lbs-290lbs is too big for a 4-3 RE.

Okafor could come in on passing downs with Houston sliding inside.

RE - Sio Moore/Andre Carter
DT - Walker/Bilukidi
DT - Houston
LE - Okafor
Dat Raider

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hearing the interviews with Watson and Moore, we got some good peoples. Moore sounds intense as fudge. He's an instant leader just by the way he carries himself. He sounded like a seasoned vet when he was talking. Great pick up. Watson has a great head on his shoulders too. He sounds like he is set on being the best he can be, and I love that.

Any comparison with Bruce Campbell is terrible, because Campbell is a vegetable and Watson is quite articulate. Got the wits of a true Brit.
Dat Raider

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:
kmonahan07 wrote:

Okafor could come in on passing downs with Houston sliding inside.

RE - Sio Moore/Andre Carter
DT - Walker/Bilukidi
DT - Houston
LE - Okafor

Boy, we will see what happens in an hour and a half. I have never been this excited for every round before. This is BY FAR, my favourite draft.
Darkness

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dat Raider wrote:
Hearing the interviews with Watson and Moore, we got some good peoples. Moore sounds intense as fudge. He's an instant leader just by the way he carries himself. He sounded like a seasoned vet when he was talking. Great pick up. Watson has a great head on his shoulders too. He sounds like he is set on being the best he can be, and I love that.

Any comparison with Bruce Campbell is terrible, because Campbell is a vegetable and Watson is quite articulate. Got the wits of a true Brit.

Real talk. Bruce Campbell isn't all there.
THE MAD STORK

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Grades for day 2:

Arrow Menelik Watson - B-

Hard to argue with a RT which has been a sore spot in Oakland for years. Graded as a B- because he is a little raw. Could be a hero or zero pick. With the right coaching, he could be a stud and Sparano is the right guy.

Arrow Sio Moore - A

My favorite player in the draft. Is he a home run type player, no. But he puts the Raiders on base. A player who does everything well and can get pressure on the QB. Brings leadership to the locker room. Going to be a solid rotational player who can play some DE on pass downs and a ST ace early.

I don't see anything special in sio Moore, you compared him to this years bobby Wagner or Lavonte David, but I don't see the comparison at all. I haven't seen many uconn games, but watched all his highlights, and I don't see nothing more than a good college player.my main concern is His speed seems average which concerns me if he's going to be a linebacker.

But with that being said, I probably read your post the most because your very knowledgable so I'm reallly hoping your right on this guy. I was really hoping we would draft JJ Wilcox.
Bone_Collector

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE MAD STORK wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Grades for day 2:

Arrow Menelik Watson - B-

Hard to argue with a RT which has been a sore spot in Oakland for years. Graded as a B- because he is a little raw. Could be a hero or zero pick. With the right coaching, he could be a stud and Sparano is the right guy.

Arrow Sio Moore - A

My favorite player in the draft. Is he a home run type player, no. But he puts the Raiders on base. A player who does everything well and can get pressure on the QB. Brings leadership to the locker room. Going to be a solid rotational player who can play some DE on pass downs and a ST ace early.

I don't see anything special in sio Moore, you compared him to this years bobby Wagner or Lavonte David, but I don't see the comparison at all. I haven't seen many uconn games, but watched all his highlights, and I don't see nothing more than a good college player.my main concern is His speed seems average which concerns me if he's going to be a linebacker.

But with that being said, I probably read your post the most because your very knowledgable so I'm reallly hoping your right on this guy. I was really hoping we would draft JJ Wilcox.

Saw a handful of his games and Moore stood out. He is a guy that can rush the passer well, cover well, and is a damn good tackler. I love this pick.

Props to cdUbs14 for the sig!

On the Panthers signing Roman Harper:
Harper41 wrote:
I feel like I just walked in on my brother and my wife.

Laughing
raiders006

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not a fan of Watson, seems like an Al Davis type pick.

absolutely love Sio Moore, best pick of our draft so far.
kmonahan07

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was late and it was after I came home from drinking at the Celtics game sorry I called him Greg Otten haha. Combined Greg Olsen with Ryan Otten. I think at some point we target Otten unless he goes earlier
91jmay

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dat Raider wrote:
By the way, it just sunk in we drafted a Brit. Bloop bloop bloop! He's a Manc, but he's still a Brit.

GET IN MY SON!

Northeners>Southerners

Allen said he would play the hot hand, in what world is McFadden's hand hot?

He touched Dennis Allen's seat before the game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: