Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Menelik Watson and Sio Moore
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sandiegoraider1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmonahan07 wrote:
McKenzie loves Greg Otten, he should be coming off the board tomorrow, I. Prefer okafor, but we love otten

???? Who????
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmonahan07 wrote:
McKenzie loves Greg Otten, he should be coming off the board tomorrow, I. Prefer okafor, but we love otten

Do you mean the TE from San Jose State Ryan Otten?

There is no Greg Otten.

I have been wanting him in Silver and Black since midseason.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly like both of these picks, a lot. If our first round pick had been someone else, I feel our draft would be one of the best I've seen in a long time but we still have a massive need for a pass rush and depth on the defensive line. Our current DEs will not cut it and w/ two of the other QBs in our division, we will need constant pressure on them to succeed. I really hope they have a gem to find on the line in the next 24 hours or we'll be in trouble next season.

Here's to hoping....

PM sig requests.
DarthDavis

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:

Andre Carter Andre Carter ‏@mr_carter93 2h
@tyvonbranch he'll be carrying my shoulder pads after practice.

Retweeted by Vic Tafur

Is this a tell that he was brought in as a pass rusher?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarthDavis wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

Retweeted by Vic Tafur

Tell he is a a rookie on the defensive side of the ball.
CrapTakula

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If our new English fella can't beat out Barnes so we can finally get rid of that bum, he'll be a bust in my eyes!

I like both picks, but my heart always says that we need DL and elite DL.
I hope we pick up a stud there soon.

Bolansho Boro Begoz
raiderslyfer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats up Nation.....now that day 2 is done and we see what kind of things Reggie can do I must say im very happy. With the draft so far. Everyone knows I wasnt too high on Haydenbut look if Reggie was that convinced he was that type of DB I believe him. I think he has the potential to be very good and with Milliner having 5 surgeries the only corner I liked better was Lil Tru.... and thats because im bias in that Trufant played with my Nephew which will be in the 2015 draft.

Watson was my 4th best tackle on my board. I had him rated higher than Fluker because he can play all spots on the line except for center. He has ridiculous upside and he has thebest feet of any lineman in the draft. Anybody that knows anything about boxing you know you gotta have great feet and this guy has it. I believe Sparono can make this guy good RT in the power scheme.

Sio=CEO thats the nickname im gonna give him because he will start and own the building once he is on the field. This guy will no doubt be one of everyones favorite raiders. Its not that he is a stats machine its that he is a natural leader. I think he reminds me alot of early Jon Beason/Chris Clemons. He is always in the right place. He is a LB that plays in the backfield. He will be used alot like Von Miller but hes not Von Miller no one is. But he may just be ourbest linebacker on the team right now no joke. I had him going late first early second. Because hes from conneticut and not a big school teams are gonna be like how we missed this guy? Might be my favorite pick so far....might be the jersey you see me get made im that confident this guy is great. And if we do more 3-4 watchout.

There is still alot of talent in this draft....I would love to get Matt Scott or Quintton Patton in the 4th. But I fully expect them to continue building this Defense. Its still some safeties withvery high ceilings it should good day 3 for us.
Jamethus92

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarthDavis wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

Retweeted by Vic Tafur

Something tells me Andre Carter is not in the know as far as what the plan is for our rookies. Just a bit of hazing by a vet.

Smack on the new sig
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38_xapjq-Uo

LOVE his attitude.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
Joe Nobody

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watson makes me a little nervous, but having one of the best OL coaches in the league makes me feel pretty damn good about his chances of succeeding.

Expecting him to beat out Barnes this year is probably asking too much of him. He should definitely be starting by next year, though.

Sio Moore...was surprised to see us take a LB this early after signing so many this offseason. But, Moore bring the ability to rush the QB, and we didn't have that in our LB corps. If he's not a Day 1 starter, he'll definitely be a nickel edge rusher this year. He and Carter coming off the edges with Houston and Walker inside could be pretty decent. Not great. Maybe not even good. But, pretty decent beats the hell out of what we managed last year.
101Raider

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the picks. Watson is a little raw with his 2 years of football. However, he played each and every day against NFL talent during his time at Florida State. He's coming in under the wings of one of the best OL coaches in the league and you know the team love him with how fast we turned in our pick. Goodell was still reading who pick 41 was when our was turned in.

Moore is going to be a beast. Athletic and productive, it's amazing he was still left at our pick.

I'm still a little concerned about our D-line, especially if we are sticking to a 4-3 base so we'll see what kind of magic Reggie has up his sleeve. Still alot of quality players on board.
bitty

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being from Connecticut I see a lot of UCONN games.
Sio Moore is exactly what the Raiders need.
Not just that he's a good linebacker he's a mean-spirited one.
He'll bring some swagger back to the Raiders defense.
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you guys have to go to raiders.com and listen to the interviews that both of them gave to the media. These guys are ready to get after it and they are both super happy to be here. You can tell that they have a lot of energy and you can see why Reggie and Co. wanted to bring both of them in here.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Dat Raider

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmonahan07 wrote:

Okafor is a LE more than a RE. He's a good player, but we are already set at LE with Houston.
Heart of Oak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say that I am bowled over by the Watson pick. He has a lot of 'potential' but I want guys that can play to their draft stock (which he may yet do) and think that #42 is too high for him. I think that at worst he will be a serviceable Right Guard so I will give that pick a B-.

Sio Moore on the other hand is the real deal, and that combined with the fact that I have a sneaky suspicion we are going to be playing a lot of 34 next year (combination of the team acquiring lots of Linebackers while seeming completely not bothered by the glaring whole of emptiness that is RE), so I will give this an A.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: