Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Menelik Watson and Sio Moore
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Sonic Raider


Joined: 01 Nov 2011
Posts: 620
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Menelik Watson and Sio Moore Reply with quote

Your thoughts on both these Day 2 Draft picks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NickButera


Moderator
Joined: 14 Sep 2009
Posts: 6504
Location: Nevada
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's interesting to me that both Scout's Inc on ESPN call both of these guys good depth for what we need. While our team desperately needs depth, it's one of our most glaring weaknesses, we equally as much need playmakers, impact players. I honestly think Watson has a chance win the RT job from Barnes by end of preseason, filling a need right away. But our LB corps is so deep now I'm not sure Moore is going to be an impact starter right away, mostly because he'll be splitting time so much between everyone else. But I could be wrong, we'll have to see what he brings in preseason.
_________________
Bah-Weep-Granah-Weep-Nini-Bong

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidr4life


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 4428
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out there bio's on our players.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings

Moore and Hayden have little to no weaknesses and Watson is being mentioned in the same breath as Fisher, Joekal, and Johnson
_________________
He hate me!


Last edited by raidr4life on Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 10108
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray Lewis and Jonathan Ogden
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22755
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grades for day 2:

Arrow Menelik Watson - B-

Hard to argue with a RT which has been a sore spot in Oakland for years. Graded as a B- because he is a little raw. Could be a hero or zero pick. With the right coaching, he could be a stud and Sparano is the right guy.

Arrow Sio Moore - A

My favorite player in the draft. Is he a home run type player, no. But he puts the Raiders on base. A player who does everything well and can get pressure on the QB. Brings leadership to the locker room. Going to be a solid rotational player who can play some DE on pass downs and a ST ace early.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Big Rob


Joined: 24 Sep 2011
Posts: 2074
Location: Long Beach, Ca
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
It's interesting to me that both Scout's Inc on ESPN call both of these guys good depth for what we need. While our team desperately needs depth, it's one of our most glaring weaknesses, we equally as much need playmakers, impact players. I honestly think Watson has a chance win the RT job from Barnes by end of preseason, filling a need right away. But our LB corps is so deep now I'm not sure Moore is going to be an impact starter right away, mostly because he'll be splitting time so much between everyone else. But I could be wrong, we'll have to see what he brings in preseason.


All about taking BPA, if Watson or Moore can come in and be upgrades then I'm all for it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 9039
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually had Watson ranked behind Pugh and in front of Long however never put him on a mock just because I didnt think Reggie would pick him. He has had dominate games and played really well in his bowl game. I remember saying wow the whole the whole game. I honestly think he can beat out Barnes. Worst case much better backup than Willie Smith. Probably could play some OG as well if we needed him to.

Sio Moore is a beast. you guys will love him. Like Lavontae David but more explosive. Much better pass rusher but can still cover and play the run. Watching him and Houston on the field at the same time is going to be fun to watch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dawsonleery


Joined: 31 Oct 2012
Posts: 751
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great night.

Watson could win the RT job, if not I wouldn't be surprised to see him locking up one of the guard positions his rookie season.

Moore is an animal, he's been one of my favorite players for months, Allen will use him all over the field and he'll be rushing the passer on 3rd down. Great pick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlackPrestige92


Joined: 08 Nov 2011
Posts: 6265
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't say Watson is Bruce Campbell 2.0 but I'll say he's DHB 2.0. Very very raw.
Sure he has potential but he's as raw as they come.
inb4: It's a metaphor ya goof(s)! What DHB was as a WR, Watson is to OT's is what I did there.

Sio Moore has a lot to prove in my eyes. Everybody here loves him, he is supposedly a leader and he's "pissed" and will come in & be outworked by nobody.
Let's see. Because I don't buy into this guy at all atm.
_________________


的f Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I知 uncoachable, I知 unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DarthDavis


Joined: 06 Mar 2006
Posts: 5213
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the minimum this year I think Watson could be a plus guard for us. His ability to absorb impact and displace the defender is on par with the better offensive linemen in this draft. I think Watson should be starting early at RT or OG. He will make people forget Larry Warford at the guard position but I really hope he wins the RT. Watson was rated a first round pick by CBS, ESPN and NFL.com. There aren't many late 1st to 2nd round players that that can be said of. Not that their rankings mean everything but it does say something i.e. this was the BPA. Love the boxing and basketball background.

Grade: A

BPA and fits a huge need as we move to the Power Blocking Scheme, the whole "raw" thing needs to go. Watson is as athletic and gifted as they come at the OT. You say raw, I say natural.






Sio Moore I didn't look at prior to the draft. I like what I see, it hasn't blown me away. But the reviews from the Senior Bowl and his combine are off the charts, I especially like the way he carries himself in interviews, he speaks in a way that can't be coached. I believe in Sio Moore. Speed, strength, athleticism, and the will to win. In the next year I could see him maybe not starting at OLB but being one of our better 3rd down pass rushers for sure. He reminds me of a poor man's Bruce Irvin, but with his work ethic and leadership using the word "poor man" is inaccurate.


Grade: B

Not sure if he was the BPA, but prior to the draft I was pretty sure he was going to be 2nd rounder from the brief things I had heard of him. He is going to be a major plus to our team down the road.
_________________


Last edited by DarthDavis on Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22755
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
I won't say Watson is Bruce Campbell 2.0 but I'll say he's DHB 2.0. Very very raw.
Sure he has potential but he's as raw as they come.
inb4: It's a metaphor ya goof(s)! What DHB was as a WR, Watson is to OT's is what I did there.

Sio Moore has a lot to prove in my eyes. Everybody here loves him, he is supposedly a leader and he's "pissed" and will come in & be outworked by nobody.
Let's see. Because I don't buy into this guy at all atm.


Sounds like someone is just upset 'his' players didn't get picked.

Who did you want?

Don't know why you are so down on Moore. His production at UConn speaks for itself. He went to the East West game and dominated it. He had a sack at the senior bowl. 3rd round when he was a projected 2nd?

Watson isn't THAT raw. He's got some stuff he needs to clean up, but he has some good tape.

Sounds like you are just reading stuff online and haven't watched a lot of either guy.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidr4life


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 4428
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyvon Branch ‏@tyvonbranch 2h
Just landed and heard we drafted my boy @MrUconn3 welcome to the darkside let's work!
Expand Reply



Andre Carter Andre Carter ‏@mr_carter93 2h
@tyvonbranch he'll be carrying my shoulder pads after practice.

Retweeted by Vic Tafur
_________________
He hate me!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlackPrestige92


Joined: 08 Nov 2011
Posts: 6265
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
I won't say Watson is Bruce Campbell 2.0 but I'll say he's DHB 2.0. Very very raw.
Sure he has potential but he's as raw as they come.
inb4: It's a metaphor ya goof(s)! What DHB was as a WR, Watson is to OT's is what I did there.

Sio Moore has a lot to prove in my eyes. Everybody here loves him, he is supposedly a leader and he's "pissed" and will come in & be outworked by nobody.
Let's see. Because I don't buy into this guy at all atm.


Sounds like someone is just upset 'his' players didn't get picked.

Who did you want?

Don't know why you are so down on Moore. His production at UConn speaks for itself. He went to the East West game and dominated it. He had a sack at the senior bowl. 3rd round when he was a projected 2nd?

Watson isn't THAT raw. He's got some stuff he needs to clean up, but he has some good tape.

Sounds like you are just reading stuff online and haven't watched a lot of either guy.

It's not that I am upset "my guy" wasn't picked or that I dislike the player. I'm not even down on him at all. I just ain't crowning anybody just yet. He's getting too much love, he's been compared to von miller, he tweets that he's "pissed" and will be outworked by nobody. I turn on the tube and I'm not sold. There's hype around him that I don't buy into. Simple as that...

Watson doesn't overly impress me but hey, anything over Khalif Barnes. I like this pick a,lot potentially. Moore? I'll remain a skeptic. Don't mind me though, I'll stay mum on any hate towards him.....he's not Geno Smith lol
_________________


的f Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I知 uncoachable, I知 unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kmonahan07


Joined: 26 Mar 2009
Posts: 452
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McKenzie loves Greg Otten, he should be coming off the board tomorrow, I. Prefer okafor, but we love otten
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RaiderX


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 20678
Location: Crown Town, CA
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watson ran a pretty bad 40 time so calling him Campbell is off.

He does however have quick feet and I think Sparano will help him a lot.
_________________

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group