Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Montee Ball vs Eddie Lacy?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
champ marshall

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Montee Ball vs Eddie Lacy? Reply with quote

What you guys think about this pick? I would had preferred Eddie Lacy over Ball but I guess they say something in ball to pick him over lacy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Option 3 - Take a pass rusher instead

Ball has so many college carries that he will be lucky to last out his rookie contract, and Lacy is an injury worry.
mke1010

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone just listed a bunch of hall of fame running backs who eclipsed 900 carries in college without any issues.

So if you want to harp on a guy who stayed relatively injury free, produced in college, can catch the ball out of the outfield, block and slug out tough yards- fine. But stop using a baseless premise.
mke1010

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always give Elway and co the benefit of doubt over anyone here on this forum. Thinking over the pick (which I did not see coming) I think I can see why they chose Ball. And I think he fits better than Lacy.

Secondly, I think Webster is going to make a lot of folks on this forum eat crow. I have not seen him play- just a hunch.
thebestever6

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
I always give Elway and co the benefit of doubt over anyone here on this forum. Thinking over the pick (which I did not see coming) I think I can see why they chose Ball. And I think he fits better than Lacy.

Secondly, I think Webster is going to make a lot of folks on this forum eat crow. I have not seen him play- just a hunch.

I agree with both points and say ball is the best immediate impact runner on the board at the time but he has a short shelf life. I thought I'd see the same people that hated the Osweiler pick love this pick. He's a win now mode type of pick and stabilizes the rb position.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
AKRNA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebestever6 wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

I agree with both points and say ball is the best immediate impact runner on the board at the time but he has a short shelf life. I thought I'd see the same people that hated the Osweiler pick love this pick. He's a win now mode type of pick and stabilizes the rb position.

he's Curtis Martin version 2. productive and used alot in college.

he'll probably be here grinding out his 1500 yds per year for a decade.
I don't have a problem with that.
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
thebestever6 wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

he's Curtis Martin version 2. productive and used alot in college.

he'll probably be here grinding out his 1500 yds per year for a decade.
I don't have a problem with that.

bold.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
Option 3 - Take a pass rusher instead

Ball has so many college carries that he will be lucky to last out his rookie contract, and Lacy is an injury worry.

Overreacting as always i see...

Ray Rice - 910 carries in college

Montee Ball - 924 carries in college (despite playing one more year.)

Not talking

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Montee Ball is the better player and should always get picked before Lacy, but might not have the better future. Its all going to depend on durability. Elway said that they had Ball over Lacy on durability, so I defer to the doctors.

As I said ALL year, Lacy benefitted from an incredible Alabama OL. Hes not as good as most of you made him out to be.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Montee Ball is the better player and should always get picked before Lacy, but might not have the better future. Its all going to depend on durability. Elway said that they had Ball over Lacy on durability, so I defer to the doctors.

As I said ALL year, Lacy benefitted from an incredible Alabama OL. Hes not as good as most of you made him out to be.

My #1 thing I want in RB's is vision and being able to cut back and make defenders miss. I don't know if there's a better RB in this draft at that than Ball. I like the Ball pick. I think the carries are overblown. There have been so many other great RB's in the NFL that have had a lot of carries in college.

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:

I think it's the type of injuries, foot ankle etc. Pretty indicative of a man whos carrying more weight than his frame can accomodate.

That won't change.
JackedUP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't dislike Ball, I think he was the MOST pro ready back that can contribute from day 1. What I'm not happy about is picking him in the 2nd rd, I think we reached. Ball will never be a great back, he will just be solid. The reason we picked him was he doesn't fumble, can catch the ball, and can block. I just wished we had waited, there were several guys we could have had later that would have been similar players. I really liked Latavious Murray.
broncospride95

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think some are undervaluing Ball's greatest asset, his elite vision. Elite vision can make some backs great. Take Arian Foster for example; his best trait is his vision and his cut back. He'd be nothing special without his vision, or his OL but I digress haha.

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: