Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

96th Overall Pick: RB Knile Davis, Arkansas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had him as like a 6th rounder in my mock, so I like him to be short yardage back and compete with Gray for carries, but did we really need to take him this early?

So far I like both players but certainly not the position of RB and TE in round 3. I'd really like a dynamic WR to complement our big guys and are little slot guys and Wheaton was there to be had. I just don't think Avery is that guy, I hope i'm wrong. Darick Rogers in the 4th? I would like that, but his speed is more comparable to Bowe and Baldwin...probly should go ILB.

Actually Tyler Wilson is still there and he'll end up being the best QB in this draft, but if they liked him at all they would have got him in the 3rd.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TambaHawk wrote:
We have Charles, Draughn, and we drafted Cyrus Gray last year.. McCluster even gets carries. I don't think this was a wise 3rd ROUND pick, there is other positions we could have used this pick on. So far not a fan.

As well, don't forget about Patrick DiMarco and Nate Eachus.

Sometimes, when you have a lot of players, you really have none.

JC is long of tooth. Draughn is fairly good at best, Gray still unknown, but he has not yet lit a fire. Dex is a COP with WR elements more than RB elements.

This is long overdue IMO.

J

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
I had him as like a 6th rounder in my mock, so I like him to be short yardage back and compete with Gray for carries, but did we really need to take him this early?

Judging by everything Reid and Dorsey have said in pressers all offseason, Knile was probably their BPA left on the board. It's no secret that each team has every player ranked differently. They're just banking on the idea that they can fix the fumbling issues with better coaching and hoping he regains his burst through the hole. For what's essentially a 4th round pick, you can't ask much more than that. The guy has 1st round physical traits and vision.

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
So far I like both players but certainly not the position of RB and TE in round 3. I'd really like a dynamic WR to complement our big guys and are little slot guys and Wheaton was there to be had. I just don't think Avery is that guy, I hope i'm wrong. Darick Rogers in the 4th? I would like that, but his speed is more comparable to Bowe and Baldwin...probly should go ILB.

Wheaton is basically another Donnie Avery. Rogers is a slower, less physical Jon Baldwin. If we're gonna target a guy like either of them, I'd rather have a 3rd day prospect because the roster value for them would be less than a guy like Kelce or Davis. JMO.

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Actually Tyler Wilson is still there and he'll end up being the best QB in this draft, but if they liked him at all they would have got him in the 3rd.

If that happened, we could trade every other pick to the Raiders in exchange for a practice squad punter and I'd still be giddy like a school girl. You have no idea.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pick Evil or Very Mad Easily my second favorite RB in this draft. Once fully healthy, you guys will love this pick! Dude was a monster before his ankle injury. He is a complete RB with speed, power, quickness, and he has good hands. As noted earlier, he has been slowly getting healthier and is starting to trust his ankles. Prior to his injury, I had him as the top rated RB in the country. I always compared him to Priest Holmes and now he gets to play for the same team Priest became a beast with Cool

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
Mongo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:

Judging by everything Reid and Dorsey have said in pressers all offseason, Knile was probably their BPA left on the board.

I'm sure you are right because he didn't really fit a need. I question the value of their board. How can a guy with his history of injuries, the fumbling, and the loss of burst be rated higher than one of these QB or Jesse Williams?

I have a hard time believing this guy wouldn't have been available at R5.01. If not, no big deal.
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mongo wrote:
ryknowssd wrote:

Judging by everything Reid and Dorsey have said in pressers all offseason, Knile was probably their BPA left on the board.

I'm sure you are right because he didn't really fit a need. I question the value of their board. How can a guy with his history of injuries, the fumbling, and the loss of burst be rated higher than one of these QB or Jesse Williams?

I have a hard time believing this guy wouldn't have been available at R5.01. If not, no big deal.

When I think about the term "best player available", it's not about the literal BPA. To me, BPA means the player who will upgrade your overall roster the most. Kelce doesn't really fit that description unless Reid has bigger plans for him than we realize, but Knile certainly does. Even Crennel and Pioli agreed that we need a better #2 RB. If they didn't they wouldn't have signed Hillis.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mongo wrote:
ryknowssd wrote:

It's so tough to say as a fan with no connections. I also had him going in the 5-7th round. In FFMD he was a 7th rounder. All that being said the NFL usually has the proper value of players.

It reminds me of Chris Polk last year. Most guys on the forum would have liked him in the 3rd round, in reality he went undrafted due to an injury. The public doesn't know these things.

On Knile:

I love the pick. I also think it was a bit early for RB but this guy is good. Look at his highlights, even after the injury. I'm not worried about burst, speed or anything. His numbers are physical numbers are elite and then you watch him play and ask why he didn't go earlier.

I think Kelce and Davis are going to strongly outperform their draft #
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I feel like we are set on defense with all the off season moves we had made so far.

We are NOT set on defense. I think the people hoping guys like Diles will be good starters are being hopeful, which I understand. And I'm certainly not counting on Lewis.

Right now it wouldn't shock me to see Barkley go to Jax, or another QB.

Mel is stumping for Barkley to KC hard. I don't know how he isn't BPA on a lot of people's draft boards. Wouldn't shock me at all, though I like Wilson WAY more.

But since this is Davis' thread, best part about this for me is it means Eachus almost certainly won't make the team. Some of the other things to consider, is that some of these guys on our team, aren't tied to our current regime. We could see some guys from the last couple years get jettisoned.
Da_Zou13

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
Wheaton is basically another Donnie Avery. Rogers is a slower, less physical Jon Baldwin. If we're gonna target a guy like either of them, I'd rather have a 3rd day prospect because the roster value for them would be less than a guy like Kelce or Davis. JMO.

I disagree with the wheaton and rogers comparisons. Wheaton is a very physical WR despite his size. Id say hes more like Bowe than he is Avery, sorta like a "baby bowe". As for Baldwin....he is neither physical nor fast, so I dont understand why you think Rogers is worse. I think chiefs fans need to not put so much stock in Baldwin, hes most likely gonna be terrible again this year.

Props to LOTO on the sig.
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Quote:
I feel like we are set on defense with all the off season moves we had made so far.

We are NOT set on defense. I think the people hoping guys like Diles will be good starters are being hopeful, which I understand. And I'm certainly not counting on Lewis.

Mel is stumping for Barkley to KC hard. I don't know how he isn't BPA on a lot of people's draft boards. Wouldn't shock me at all, though I like Wilson WAY more.

But since this is Davis' thread, best part about this for me is it means Eachus almost certainly won't make the team. Some of the other things to consider, is that some of these guys on our team, aren't tied to our current regime. We could see some guys from the last couple years get jettisoned.

Yes we will have a talented group of HBs now. Is anyone else interested in the Harvard FB??!! I like that guy.
marnz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diesel2692 wrote:
DT58_lives_on wrote:
Quote:

Yes we will have a talented group of HBs now. Is anyone else interested in the Harvard FB??!! I like that guy.

I was very intrested bit klece has abilith as an h back as he learns the te position and before he becomes a starter he will be plugged in there occasionally so I dont see a fb pick this year
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i doubt we would draft a FB thinking more along line of UDFA
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't love this pick, but whatever it's okay. I hope Draughn is gone now

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
bigballin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand all the hate...

We took him here for a reason. When healthy the guy was the most talented RB in college football. Just because NFL.com didn't have a high grade on him doesn't mean other teams weren't going to draft him in the 4th.

You all say Lattimore? Really? This guy is just as talented as Lattimore only he had one bad injury that he will be fully recovered from come training camp.

Lattimore may never be the same player again and Lattimore's body type says he will always be injured. His lower body is way too small for a RB of his size. Believe me this guy ran an OFFICIAL 4.37 40...he has his step back. It's better that he sat out most of this season...now fully recovered.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just looked it up and Knile is one day older then me. I'm starting to feel older now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: