Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Giants select DE - Damontre Moore - TA&M (3rd - 81st)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Save The Hero


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 7605
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
From what I've heard and read, the reason he slid is because of character concerns, NOT because of his ability or tape. Apparently he wasn't very well liked in college, and didn't take the combine seriously.

The good news is that those terrible combine numbers aren't representative of his ability. Furthermore, doesn't even turn 21 until September. This is good for two reasons. First, he could still grow up. Second, he can still get stronger.

So basically after taking two fairly safe picks in Pugh and Hankins, the Giants decided to swing for the fences. Moore is a boom or bust pick, and it all depends on if he gets his head on straight.


If true than I love this pick even more. From what Tom Coughlin said it seems to be a Monday through Saturday problem and not a Sunday problem. Those can be fixed. Especially with a 20 year old kid. He still gives it his all on Sundays.
_________________

^Stone85 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Save The Hero


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 7605
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
ESKY008 wrote:
Im all in on Barret jones idea. With him our oline is set up for a very promising foundation for the future. Beatty, Jones, Baas, Mosely, Pugh


Yup. Imagine if we grab Jones and he, Pee-ew, and Mosley all magically pan out.

Beatty--Mosley--Jones--Snee--Pugh
could be our line next year. Huge turnover, but the potential is huge as well. Plus we could get rid of Baas's huge contract.


Heck we can even see Brewer in at the other guard position. He played there some last year and has gotten trained there a bit. Then if that line is good, we can finally have a young line to protect Eli thoughout his career.
_________________

^Stone85 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Save The Hero


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 7605
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN 51m
Giants GM Jerry Reese on third-round pick, DE Damontre Moore: "He is sacks." #NYG


Laughing
_________________

^Stone85 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kodaraw


Joined: 12 Feb 2013
Posts: 635
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save The Hero wrote:
minutemancl wrote:
OR curious name to look out for, BW Webb. I think he was a guy the Giants were talking to pre-draft. Small school guy, which is who the Giants tend to look at in the later rounds.


I like BW here also to go along with the 2 centers (Schwenke and Jones).

Other names for this round: Baccari Rambo, Shamarko Thomas, Da'Rick Rogers, Quinton Pattor, David Bakhtiari, Reid Fragel, Marcus Lattimore, Ryan Nassib and Jordan Poyer.


I like Jones or Rambo. I'm also surprised no one has brought up Josh Evans from Florida. Khaseem Greene wouldn't be a bad pick but he's a converted safety like JWill. I'd rather Jones Rambo or Evans.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shockey1979


Joined: 02 Sep 2005
Posts: 20298
Location: RI/MA
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typical Giants pick. Keep the pass rush young and plentiful. It's the best way to win in this modern NFL. Tuck is a shadow of his oldself and JPP can't do it alone. Like this pick.
_________________

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GMENNATION


Joined: 09 Feb 2012
Posts: 142
Location: Greater New York Area
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some of you seem to not want greene in the 4th even but im telling you he will be a stud in the nfl... i am shocked he hasn't been picked yet and will be watching closely hoping he makes it to the giants' pick
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gmen


Joined: 20 Jul 2007
Posts: 15642
Location: Myyyyy precioussss
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save The Hero wrote:
Gmen wrote:
From what I've heard and read, the reason he slid is because of character concerns, NOT because of his ability or tape. Apparently he wasn't very well liked in college, and didn't take the combine seriously.


If true than I love this pick even more. From what Tom Coughlin said it seems to be a Monday through Saturday problem and not a Sunday problem. Those can be fixed. Especially with a 20 year old kid. He still gives it his all on Sundays.

I don't know. The wind has to really be howling between the ears if you have millions of dollars on the line in an interview process, and you don't take it seriously. His combine numbers were pathetic. It's like he had never tried a rep of 225, or tried running the 40. I mean, even guys with character issues train for the combine, because they know the magnitude of the event. Hopefully dropping from a top 10 pick to the 3rd round was an eye opener.

I'm not bashing the pick, because I love it when we swing for the fences. But, I wouldn't be surprised if in the end he's a Marvin Austin type. A guy with all the talent in the world, but doesn't see the field because he doesn't care enough to try.
_________________


"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Save The Hero


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 7605
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GMENNATION wrote:
some of you seem to not want greene in the 4th even but im telling you he will be a stud in the nfl... i am shocked he hasn't been picked yet and will be watching closely hoping he makes it to the giants' pick


The reason he hasn't been picked yet is because he gets engulfed by blockers quite easily. He is good in coverage and good blitzer but you have to be able to stop the run first. I don't think he'd be a bad pick here, but I like the other guys better.

I like Josh Evans a bit too.
_________________

^Stone85 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xfaxtor


Joined: 14 Jan 2008
Posts: 13507
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree that his numbers were pathetic. Yeah hes not a fast 40 yard runner. Not gonna run many of those on Sundays. Look at his vertical and Broad jump numbers, they are among the best.

Not really a Tuck type of player. Someone on another forum said Jon Abraham, I can see that. Really like this pick

And yes Connor, Greene is [inappropriate/removed] Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Save The Hero


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 7605
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
Save The Hero wrote:
Gmen wrote:
From what I've heard and read, the reason he slid is because of character concerns, NOT because of his ability or tape. Apparently he wasn't very well liked in college, and didn't take the combine seriously.


If true than I love this pick even more. From what Tom Coughlin said it seems to be a Monday through Saturday problem and not a Sunday problem. Those can be fixed. Especially with a 20 year old kid. He still gives it his all on Sundays.

I don't know. The wind has to really be howling between the ears if you have millions of dollars on the line in an interview process, and you don't take it seriously. His combine numbers were pathetic. It's like he had never tried a rep of 225, or tried running the 40. I mean, even guys with character issues train for the combine, because they know the magnitude of the event. Hopefully dropping from a top 10 pick to the 3rd round was an eye opener.

I'm not bashing the pick, because I love it when we swing for the fences. But, I wouldn't be surprised if in the end he's a Marvin Austin type. A guy with all the talent in the world, but doesn't see the field because he doesn't care enough to try.


I just don't think he valued the combine like he should. He did improve his bench presses from 12 reps to 19 reps in his pro day in a limited amount of time and has the frame to get stronger. That tells me he at least is working at it. Stats speak for themselves though. He had 12.5 sacks in the SEC last year. Combined the top 3 passrushers (Jordan, Ansah, Mingo) picked in this draft had 14 last year. That shows me he brings it in the game.

With Marvin Austin the production wasn't ever there, even in college. There were and still are big character flags with him. I don't see Moore's character as a problem.
_________________

^Stone85 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Save The Hero


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 7605
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xfaxtor wrote:
I disagree that his numbers were pathetic. Yeah hes not a fast 40 yard runner. Not gonna run many of those on Sundays. Look at his vertical and Broad jump numbers, they are among the best.

Not really a Tuck type of player. Someone on another forum said Jon Abraham, I can see that. Really like this pick

And yes Connor, Greene is [inappropriate/removed] Laughing


Yup, also one of the faster shuttle times. 19 bench presses isn't great but is pretty good for a guy whos still developing strength and is only 20 also.
_________________

^Stone85 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gmen


Joined: 20 Jul 2007
Posts: 15642
Location: Myyyyy precioussss
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Combine numbers aren't everything, obviously. Mario Manningham ran a 4.6 forty at the combine, but on Sundays he was the fastest receiver on the field.

I don't think a 4.95 forty and 12 reps are indicative of Moore's physical ability. He shows his ability on the field. What it does show is his lack of commitment. I just think the biggest challenge for the Giants will be getting his head on straight.
_________________


"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Save The Hero


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 7605
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
Combine numbers aren't everything, obviously. Mario Manningham ran a 4.6 forty at the combine, but on Sundays he was the fastest receiver on the field.

I don't think a 4.95 forty and 12 reps are indicative of Moore's physical ability. He shows his ability on the field. What it does show is his lack of commitment. I just think the biggest challenge for the Giants will be getting his head on straight.


Agreed there.
_________________

^Stone85 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McNabbMcFadden


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Posts: 34195
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the third round this is good value for you guys. Mid risk High Reward. He fell quite a bit due to his Combine which was kind of blown out of proportion.
_________________
"Break the rules, but first break the rulers."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wraith


Joined: 15 Dec 2009
Posts: 323
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad we got this talented kid, i liked him alot very productive in college
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group