Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With the 87th Pick in the NFL Draft, Jordan Hill
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imani

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: With the 87th Pick in the NFL Draft, Jordan Hill Reply with quote

Jordan Hill, DT Penn State

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWFZ2PKWJ8s

Quote:
Strengths: Good lateral agility with quick feet to sidestep blockers and knife through the offensive line. Flexible body type to make smooth movements and a quick first step when he correctly times up his get-off. Plays low with natural leverage. Ordinary upper body strength but active and strong hands and wrists.
Keeps eyes elevated at the line of scrimmage to get his hands on passes (even snatched an interception against Virginia in 2012). Good raw power for his smaller frame and plays with a feisty temperament. Goes hard on every play and can be a pesky player to block with his nonstop motor and effort. Was spark plug of Penn State defensive line and rarely left the field. Plays smart. Rangy to make plays outside the numbers.

Weaknesses: Light in the pants and can be driven wherever the blockers want at times. Shorter stature with limited length and short arms, lacking ideal NFL measurables. Lacks elite upper-body strength to overwhelm offensive linemen. Needs to improve snap anticipation. Dangerous in space and in 1-on-1 situations but not as effective in a crowd, where he can get lost or pushed around. Missed some time in 2012 with a left knee sprain, playing rest of the season with a clunky brace.

Compares To: Trevor Laws, DT, St. Louis Rams - Quick, undersized interior players who project best as rotational and depth players than long-term starters.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012

Last edited by imani on Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
klyon7634

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Pick he is going to come in and contribute right away.

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
SoS

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan. Oh well...
Sandman55

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice player although maybe a little early.

Doesn't seem like he'll ever be a star, but he could be a quality 3 tech rotation guy.

I think I might just be happiest that they didn't pick another RB.
chpjns15

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant say I know much about him, but it seems to me like an undersized DT with a relentless motor. I would guess that he would start out here as a rotational player, and maybe can work into a starting job. Do you guys think he fits best into Mebanes role?

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
Tooki

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:
Cant say I know much about him, but it seems to me like an undersized DT with a relentless motor. I would guess that he would start out here as a rotational player, and maybe can work into a starting job. Do you guys think he fits best into Mebanes role?

I see him more as a 3-tech. I could see him sharing some reps with Tony McDaniel.
Sandman55

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:

He's too small to play Mebane's role. He's also not particularly strong or powerful. He's more of a nifty guy, with a motor, decent get-off, and nice hands. Not a smash mouth, you vs me type. I think the 3tech is his only position at the NFL level.
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:

My favorite guy to back up Mebane was picked not long after Jordan Hill (Brandon Williams). Jesse Williams is still available, however, I'd like to bring in competition for the right side of the O-Line and at TE. If Khaseem Green is available in the 4th at our pick or where we can trade up for him without giving up a ton, I'd be happy with that too. Our 4th + one of our late 5th's could get us close to the top of the 4th round. We'd still have 2 5th's and 2 6th's along with the 4 or whatever 7th's. Use one of the 6th's and 7th's to move up in the 5th and get someone else as well.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caroll said he wanted to grab Hill because he felt there was going to be a big drop off after him.
klyon7634

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Brock Huard ‏@BrockESPN 2h

I Called Jordan Hill's last game vs Wisc. I was quoted in game saying "never seen a DT take over game" as he did that day (12TT, 2 Sacks)

#JDI
Tooki

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm listening to Pete and John's press conference and they seem to want to go into a new direction with the UT position. (Pass rushing type).

Hill will also see most of this reps at UT, but he could get some time at NT as well.

(John Schneider is great to listen to, he twists the meaty questions well).
klyon7634

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
I'm listening to Pete and John's press conference and they seem to want to go into a new direction with the UT position. (Pass rushing type).

Hill will also see most of this reps at UT, but he could get some time at NT as well.

(John Schneider is great to listen to, he twists the meaty questions well).

link please??

#JDI
Tooki

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://prod.video.seahawks.clubs.nfl.com//SEA/videos/dct/video_audio/2013/04-April/130426-carroll-schneider-650.mp4
NFL_Announcer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like. He's a situational 3rd down pass rush artist, that's it - nothing more.

For a team that struggled HEAVILY in both the playoffs and regular season to generate a pass rush via interior line this is a B pick. He would've been available round 4, 95% chance, so I have to mark this a lower grade, but considering what he adds to this team I get the selection.

Natural motor, has natural moves + instincts, will never be good against the run which is why he's a 4th-5th rounder, but that's not what we are drafting him for.

If the Seattle pass rush this year is weak with Avril, Bennett (health?), Irvin, Clemons (health?), Mebane, Hill then fail coaching staff. We just need a solid all around lber which are always available in rounds 4-6 to fill a void and let legion of boom do it's thing from there on out.

Lovin me some Chrstine Michael btw. In 2 years when he is putting up over 1,000 yards and 10 TDs, I'll be saying "Told ya so."
NFL_Announcer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
http://prod.video.seahawks.clubs.nfl.com//SEA/videos/dct/video_audio/2013/04-April/130426-carroll-schneider-650.mp4

Great link, great find, +1.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: