Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

3.23 (85th overall) - TE Jordan Reed, Florida
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rizzy

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think taking late hit penalties on defenseless players and getting suspensions is an adequate way to defend the read option.
NHL-Capitals
skinsfanLA

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Woz wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
I'm hoping this is actually the beginning a new TE duo for time to come, rather than just Fred Davis replacement. We can finally get to see what it would have been like to have Davis and Cooley on the field at the same time back when Cooley was still in his prime and we drafting a young immature Fred Davis. IMO Fred Davis came back here to make a statement. Yes we had the best QB when healthy out of the Browns and Bills, but Rg3 health is still at least in my eyes a question mark. I like Davis and surrounding Rg3 with many assets in the passing game will only IMO improve our running and playaction.

I'm hoping Fred Davis makes a statement and then goes somewhere else in hopes of us getting a decent compensatory pick in 2015. That way we get something for him, but he becomes someone else's headache.

What headache are you talking about? Your still on him for his drug test failure? If not for his injury Davis would've been a pro bowl player just like his teammate Trent Williams who also failed his drug test. Let the past be the past and let the man learn from his mistake and make plays for THIS team not anyone else.

I think, after the sleeping in thing and the weed issue and the bar fight/Fred Davis Attorney At Law people in DC have written Davis off as a headache, but remember Sean Taylor in his first two years? He had a hard time growing up and dealing with the transition from a kid to an NFL millionaire. I think Davis had some of the same growing pains. And because he didn't play much last season due to injury nobody knows if he has grown up. Not to many presses after games.

I am willing to give Davis the benefit of the doubt for the upcoming season. If he can remain trouble free and stay at the level of play he showed last season, I think he will be a part of the teams long term plans. If not, Buffalo, Cleveland and the Jets are all looking for a TE.

Reed may have been drafted as insurance, but I think he was also drafted as a playmaker and versatile athlete. Lining up in a power run look with Davis and Reed at TE can easily become a dangerous 5 WR set with no shifts in formation. That ability will allow our offense tons of flexibility and growth. Paul and Paulson have never been a scary TE set to defenders. Davis/Reed will cause nightmares, especially when you factor in that defenses will have to prepare for the RGIII option game on top of the potential to go from what looks like a 2/3 TE set to a 5 wide situation. Whichever WR/TE ends up with a LB covering them will be open all day long.

Huge fan of this draft. And this pick may have been out of the blue, but I am very happy with it. Especially with the hindsight of knowing that we still got Thomas AND Rambo later in the draft.

At the absolute minimum Reed is the successor to Fred Davis, and I can't even comprehend what the ceiling could be once this offense gets clicking. Mike "the mad scientist" Shannahan strikes again!

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Ahhhh the old "unnamed source". It's been way too long, my very credible friend!

Last edited by skinsfanLA on Thu May 09, 2013 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
markrc99

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rizzy wrote: "I don't think taking late hit penalties on defenseless players and getting suspensions is an adequate way to defend the read option."

I hope I didn't say anything that contributed to this perception, although I certainly made no attempt to dissuade as you are here. Therefore, I say now that I agree! Now that I think about it, there was a game where Griffin was clearly OOB and in came a late defender with a helmet-to-helmet hit. He drew a penalty, but those add up. I guess I see Aaron Rodgers, who seemingly became prone to concussion & I worry that's what will happen to Griffin. What's wrong with Rodgers? Nothing right now, but what if he only plays another season or two? Consider this, he started all 16 gms, had no running game and crap for protection but still only ran the football 54 times. Griffin, who started 15 gms, had the league's best running game and he carried the ball 120 times. If I said the 'skins should scrap the read/option entirely, that's probably overstated. I agree more with others who say use it considerably less. With respect to how to defend the read/option I can rephrase what I've said previously and expand a bit, offering an adjustment on the part of the Redskins.

Defensively, read #1 is that pistol formation. The key tendency triggering the "option" is an over-pursuing defense on the back side of a Morris run. I keep saying that but the run action with Morris doesn't actually have to be away. If the targeted DE is playing disciplined & won't bite, run action w/Morris into the A-gap to that same side would certainly get him to collapse inside. Another tendency is that the Redskins facilitate the collapse by cutting loose that back side DE or OLB. Directly related is Griffin reading the free defender's pursuit or posture.

Recall, the circumstance is that the game is still in the balance, the Redskins are running the football and the opposition is trying to get it stopped w/o committing the kitchen sink. It's paramount that the free defender (DE or OLB) recognizes that Griffin is reading him. But that's part of the problem, it can't be just him. As noted earlier, the CB, OLB & S to that same side also have to recognize the key tendencies of this play. That is likely best done by reading the OT. If i.e. Trent Williams blocks down, but especially if he slips into the 2nd tier, they have to know what that means. It's a run situation, they're in that pistol, Griffin is staring down outside contain which is cut loose & here comes Williams. In reality, they shouldn't have to see that any more than once to recognize it. A key weakness to the play is that once a defense recognizes it and is anticipating it, they know they control where the ball goes. They can collapse the DE, feeding Griffin the trigger & be out there waiting for him.

Let's say that happens. Griffin's go is green but when he loops outside of the DE, there's a welcoming party & they're all wearing the wrong jerseys. So the tendencies, perhaps even the formation, has to change. Williams passing off the DE & slipping into the 2nd tier on any number of other plays can help to disguise. The problem there is that by cutting loose the premier pass-rusher, the other defenders would still sense something in the short zone. Williams has to block the DE or the OLB. What he does now out of his 3-pt stance is drop into pass-protect mode. But he sets short and cheats wide, luring the edge rusher back up inside.

Antisuperstar noted that the Redskins were even getting lead blocks out in front of Griffin. The FB flanked or the TE perhaps in an up man position or even dragged across in motion. If the DE was disciplined he noted that the lead could take a piece of him. But if Williams has lured the DE inside and rides him down, the lead block can now take on the OLB. The OG can cut his man (DT) loose and help Williams pancake the DE, allowing Williams to then scrape and pick off inside pursuit. After the fake, Morris attempts to cut the DT & Griffin tries to go wide & split the DE-OLB seam. With the DE accounted for, Griffin is seen making some other post-snap read, which may well be a diversion. Like, focusing on the handoff to Morris.
rizzy

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

markrc99 wrote:
rizzy wrote: "I don't think taking late hit penalties on defenseless players and getting suspensions is an adequate way to defend the read option."

I hope I didn't say anything that contributed to this perception, although I certainly made no attempt to dissuade as you are here. Therefore, I say now that I agree! Now that I think about it, there was a game where Griffin was clearly OOB and in came a late defender with a helmet-to-helmet hit. He drew a penalty, but those add up. I guess I see Aaron Rodgers, who seemingly became prone to concussion & I worry that's what will happen to Griffin. What's wrong with Rodgers? Nothing right now, but what if he only plays another season or two? Consider this, he started all 16 gms, had no running game and crap for protection but still only ran the football 54 times. Griffin, who started 15 gms, had the league's best running game and he carried the ball 120 times. If I said the 'skins should scrap the read/option entirely, that's probably overstated. I agree more with others who say use it considerably less. With respect to how to defend the read/option I can rephrase what I've said previously and expand a bit, offering an adjustment on the part of the Redskins.

Defensively, read #1 is that pistol formation. The key tendency triggering the "option" is an over-pursuing defense on the back side of a Morris run. I keep saying that but the run action with Morris doesn't actually have to be away. If the targeted DE is playing disciplined & won't bite, run action w/Morris into the A-gap to that same side would certainly get him to collapse inside. Another tendency is that the Redskins facilitate the collapse by cutting loose that back side DE or OLB. Directly related is Griffin reading the free defender's pursuit or posture.

Recall, the circumstance is that the game is still in the balance, the Redskins are running the football and the opposition is trying to get it stopped w/o committing the kitchen sink. It's paramount that the free defender (DE or OLB) recognizes that Griffin is reading him. But that's part of the problem, it can't be just him. As noted earlier, the CB, OLB & S to that same side also have to recognize the key tendencies of this play. That is likely best done by reading the OT. If i.e. Trent Williams blocks down, but especially if he slips into the 2nd tier, they have to know what that means. It's a run situation, they're in that pistol, Griffin is staring down outside contain which is cut loose & here comes Williams. In reality, they shouldn't have to see that any more than once to recognize it. A key weakness to the play is that once a defense recognizes it and is anticipating it, they know they control where the ball goes. They can collapse the DE, feeding Griffin the trigger & be out there waiting for him.

Let's say that happens. Griffin's go is green but when he loops outside of the DE, there's a welcoming party & they're all wearing the wrong jerseys. So the tendencies, perhaps even the formation, has to change. Williams passing off the DE & slipping into the 2nd tier on any number of other plays can help to disguise. The problem there is that by cutting loose the premier pass-rusher, the other defenders would still sense something in the short zone. Williams has to block the DE or the OLB. What he does now out of his 3-pt stance is drop into pass-protect mode. But he sets short and cheats wide, luring the edge rusher back up inside.

Antisuperstar noted that the Redskins were even getting lead blocks out in front of Griffin. The FB flanked or the TE perhaps in an up man position or even dragged across in motion. If the DE was disciplined he noted that the lead could take a piece of him. But if Williams has lured the DE inside and rides him down, the lead block can now take on the OLB. The OG can cut his man (DT) loose and help Williams pancake the DE, allowing Williams to then scrape and pick off inside pursuit. After the fake, Morris attempts to cut the DT & Griffin tries to go wide & split the DE-OLB seam. With the DE accounted for, Griffin is seen making some other post-snap read, which may well be a diversion. Like, focusing on the handoff to Morris.

No nothing you said at all, was in reference to the Mangini comment. It was pretty much a response to all the people I hear say we'll just take 15 yard penalties and take cheap shots on him and that will stop him.
NHL-Capitals
FosterTheSkins

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I like it, don't love it. I would have taken Phillip Thomas from Fresno State, but I like what Jordan Reed brings to the table. He's been compared to Aaron Hernandez. They said that's his idol and he patterned his game after Hernandez.

Here's to hoping he turns out go be as good as Aaron Hernandez! Cool Pray

The more I read about Reed the more I think it could work out. Plus I read Aaron Hernandez knows Jorddan and is mentoring/working out with him. Hernanadez being my favorite Patriot makes this news even more exciting!
Better run better run faster than RG3.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FosterTheSkins wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I like it, don't love it. I would have taken Phillip Thomas from Fresno State, but I like what Jordan Reed brings to the table. He's been compared to Aaron Hernandez. They said that's his idol and he patterned his game after Hernandez.

Here's to hoping he turns out go be as good as Aaron Hernandez! Cool Pray

The more I read about Reed the more I think it could work out. Plus I read Aaron Hernandez knows Jordan and is mentoring/working out with him. Hernanadez being my favorite Patriot makes this news even more exciting!
I definitely think he's going to work out long term, I'm just not sure he has a huge impact this season.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG

Last edited by turtle28 on Wed May 15, 2013 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
markrc99

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skinsfanLA wrote: "I think, after [all the off-field issues] people in DC have written Davis off as a headache... I am willing to give Davis the benefit of the doubt for the upcoming season. If he can remain trouble free and stay at the level of play he showed last season, I think he will be a part of the teams long term plans. ... Reed may have been drafted as insurance, but I think he was also drafted as a playmaker and versatile athlete. Lining up in a power run look with Davis and Reed at TE can easily become a dangerous 5 WR set with no shifts in formation. That ability will allow our offense tons of flexibility ... especially when you factor in that defenses will have to prepare for the RGIII option game on top of the potential to go from what looks like a 2/3 TE set to a 5 wide situation. Whichever WR/TE ends up with a LB covering them will be open all day long. Huge fan of this draft."

At about this time last year I read an article in the WP quoting Davis as saying he didn't violate the league's substance-abuse policy on separate occasions. According to him, the multiple positive test results were from the same timeframe or incident. The article didn't confirm or refute his contention about the testing procedures, but here's some interesting insight, dated last year:

Quote:
"Is marijuana use running wild in NFL locker rooms across the country? According to former NFL offensive lineman (and ESPN analyst) Lomas Brown, it definitely is: in fact, Brown believes that more than half of all NFL players currently smoke marijuana on a regular basis. In an interview with the Detroit News last Friday (5/18/12), Brown [cited] the arrests of three Detroit Lions players (each of which were marijuana-related)... the truth of the matter is NFL use was certainly alarmingly high nearly thirty years ago [when Brown played], and if any individual would be able to confirm this, it's Brown. ... according to a CBS Sports report in April, four out of 10 players that were eligible for the NFL draft failed at least one drug test during their school years, with two out of 10 failing more than once. In addition, according to an ESPN report, roughly 70% of all prospects at this year‚ NFL draft admitted to using marijuana. Additionally, roughly one-fourth of all football players in the NCAA admitted to using marijuana over the past year..." http://www.oasispompanobeach.com/rampant-marijuana-use-among-nfl-players/

Quote:
"After saying he would never have a “persistent user of drugs” on his beloved Houston Texans, [Bob] McNair made a point to add, “I’m not talking about someone who smoked marijuana.” ... In this light, McNair’s statement is more than tacit acceptance of something players have been doing for decades." http://www.thenation.com/blog/171516/nfls-coming-conflict-cannabis#

Neither source backs up Davis' contention but what is glaringly obvious is that marijuana use in the NFL is ... quite common. So what does that tell us? Either that the holes in the system are so large & easily avoidable that a player has to decidedly want to fall into one. Or perhaps, Davis actually did something else wrong, meaning he was punished for some other reason. Not to suggest a connection but the timing of his drug test failure was extremely fortuitous for Chris Cooley. Again, Cooley isn't behind the curtain pushing buttons, but I do believe this; if he is finally out of the way, the group they have now will really take off! I share the same hope that you & others do. This team has excellent talent & versatility at TE. And yes, I suspect the circumstance at WR is similar. You want this young & talented group to step up? Get rid of the key leftover & his agent that have too cozy a relationship with the owner.

I know, the argument implies internal machinations that we as fans are simply not privy to & is thus, speculation. All I know is that the whole time this team had Moss & Cooley, behind them has been absolutely NOTHING! Grossly overcompensated for years & apart from their "personal" accomplishments, the track record with respect to success has been a colossal failure. Don't get me wrong, I think Cooley is going to be a great ambassador for this organization in retirement. My only point is that the house desperately needed to be cleaned, I mean completely. That work has largely been done, but hasn't been finished, IMO. You know, when Garcon signed that huge contract he was asked a very interesting question. He was asked whether his deal correlated with him becoming the primary, meaning, displacing Moss in the z-slot. He completely ducked & even deferred reporters to Moss for the answer. ... not to Bruce Allen or the coaching staff. Others suggested he was simply affording Moss respect.

There's all this concern about Davis & drugs, but what's completely ignored is that Moss was once linked to a physician with a reputation for treating athletes using HGH. Accordingly, even though the new CBA was agreed upon two years ago, not one sample for HGH has been taken. It's really a policy with zero transparency and credibility, a smokescreen. It's all PR to make people feel good, that the NFL cares about this stuff when they clearly don't! Alcohol, ephedrine and adderall use is all ignored, but Fred Davis smoked a joint. Oh, he did something wrong all right. But for me, it's not so clear just exactly what that was. With respect to Jordan Reed, he gives them WR agility & speed. Davis certainly has excellent size and agility & he not to suggest he's slow. Niles Paul has the speed, but Reed is the guy that gives them both. Maybe this unit still won't produce, but it is a talented group.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

markrc99 wrote:
skinsfanLA wrote: "I think, after [all the off-field issues] people in DC have written Davis off as a headache... I am willing to give Davis the benefit of the doubt for the upcoming season. If he can remain trouble free and stay at the level of play he showed last season, I think he will be a part of the teams long term plans. ... Reed may have been drafted as insurance, but I think he was also drafted as a playmaker and versatile athlete. Lining up in a power run look with Davis and Reed at TE can easily become a dangerous 5 WR set with no shifts in formation. That ability will allow our offense tons of flexibility ... especially when you factor in that defenses will have to prepare for the RGIII option game on top of the potential to go from what looks like a 2/3 TE set to a 5 wide situation. Whichever WR/TE ends up with a LB covering them will be open all day long. Huge fan of this draft."

At about this time last year I read an article in the WP quoting Davis as saying he didn't violate the league's substance-abuse policy on separate occasions. According to him, the multiple positive test results were from the same timeframe or incident. The article didn't confirm or refute his contention about the testing procedures, but here's some interesting insight, dated last year:

Quote:
"Is marijuana use running wild in NFL locker rooms across the country? According to former NFL offensive lineman (and ESPN analyst) Lomas Brown, it definitely is: in fact, Brown believes that more than half of all NFL players currently smoke marijuana on a regular basis. In an interview with the Detroit News last Friday (5/18/12), Brown [cited] the arrests of three Detroit Lions players (each of which were marijuana-related)... the truth of the matter is NFL use was certainly alarmingly high nearly thirty years ago [when Brown played], and if any individual would be able to confirm this, it's Brown. ... according to a CBS Sports report in April, four out of 10 players that were eligible for the NFL draft failed at least one drug test during their school years, with two out of 10 failing more than once. In addition, according to an ESPN report, roughly 70% of all prospects at this year‚ NFL draft admitted to using marijuana. Additionally, roughly one-fourth of all football players in the NCAA admitted to using marijuana over the past year..." http://www.oasispompanobeach.com/rampant-marijuana-use-among-nfl-players/

Quote:
"After saying he would never have a “persistent user of drugs” on his beloved Houston Texans, [Bob] McNair made a point to add, “I’m not talking about someone who smoked marijuana.” ... In this light, McNair’s statement is more than tacit acceptance of something players have been doing for decades." http://www.thenation.com/blog/171516/nfls-coming-conflict-cannabis#

Neither source backs up Davis' contention but what is glaringly obvious is that marijuana use in the NFL is ... quite common. So what does that tell us? Either that the holes in the system are so large & easily avoidable that a player has to decidedly want to fall into one. Or perhaps, Davis actually did something else wrong, meaning he was punished for some other reason. Not to suggest a connection but the timing of his drug test failure was extremely fortuitous for Chris Cooley. Again, Cooley isn't behind the curtain pushing buttons, but I do believe this; if he is finally out of the way, the group they have now will really take off! I share the same hope that you & others do. This team has excellent talent & versatility at TE. And yes, I suspect the circumstance at WR is similar. You want this young & talented group to step up? Get rid of the key leftover & his agent that have too cozy a relationship with the owner.

I know, the argument implies internal machinations that we as fans are simply not privy to & is thus, speculation. All I know is that the whole time this team had Moss & Cooley, behind them has been absolutely NOTHING! Grossly overcompensated for years & apart from their "personal" accomplishments, the track record with respect to success has been a colossal failure. Don't get me wrong, I think Cooley is going to be a great ambassador for this organization in retirement. My only point is that the house desperately needed to be cleaned, I mean completely. That work has largely been done, but hasn't been finished, IMO. You know, when Garcon signed that huge contract he was asked a very interesting question. He was asked whether his deal correlated with him becoming the primary, meaning, displacing Moss in the z-slot. He completely ducked & even deferred reporters to Moss for the answer. ... not to Bruce Allen or the coaching staff. Others suggested he was simply affording Moss respect.
So you are saying that Moss and Cooley are the reasons this team didn't win more than one playoff game in their time in DC? Neither were "Grossly overpaid".

If you actually did your homework, you would realize that the problems on the offense from 06 till last year were that we kept changing the offensive systems, we never had a reliable #2 wr to take the pressure off of Santana Moss in the passing game. Actually the person we overpaid for at wr was Antwan Randle El because he was never worthy of #2 money and couldn't take pressure off of Moss.

They also had an over the hill and overpaid qb for the 05 season in Brunnell, and some of the 06 season and then a rookie Jason Campbell who was a late 1st round pick and he was never given more than two good options in the passing game to rely on for his time here in DC. Then the offense changed every year that the trio was together in DC.

As for Garcon not answering that question, why would he? It would be a horrible move to come in and throw one of your teammates under the bus on your new team. Especially the wr with the most senority on the team. Garcon has respect for the veterans on this team and for their leadership, which you obviously do not and you do not understand what they mean to the team. I'm glad that Snyder, Allen and Shanahan realize what you do not. They realize we need the Fletcher's, Moss' and Doughty's as long as they can continue to contribute in a positive way to this football team and last year, I'd argue they did, as they helped us win a division championship.

Neither Moss nor Cooley ever got a huge contract that paid them as one of the tops in their position in the NFL. the person who made the most $ on the offense was the teams running back Clinton Portis who was hurt every year but one from 06 through 2010 when he retired.

I'm just wondering why all of a sudden you are on a rampage to treat our veterans and past players as yesterdays trash.

Football is the ultimate team game and you can not just sit there and blame a few players for the failures of the team from 06-2011. You have to look at the entire scope and if you do that, you will realize that if Cooley and Moss were given more talent around them in the passing game that our passing game would have been better. You will also realize that often times huge injuries to our OL or the death of Sean Taylor, our best defensive player hurt us and espeically hurt us in the years follwing his death.

Quote:
There's all this concern about Davis & drugs, but what's completely ignored is that Moss was once linked to a physician with a reputation for treating athletes using HGH. Accordingly, even though the new CBA was agreed upon two years ago, not one sample for HGH has been taken. It's really a policy with zero transparency and credibility, a smokescreen. It's all PR to make people feel good, that the NFL cares about this stuff when they clearly don't! Alcohol, ephedrine and adderall use is all ignored, but Fred Davis smoked a joint. Oh, he did something wrong all right. But for me, it's not so clear just exactly what that was. With respect to Jordan Reed, he gives them WR agility & speed. Davis certainly has excellent size and agility & he not to suggest he's slow. Niles Paul has the speed, but Reed is the guy that gives them both. Maybe this unit still won't produce, but it is a talented group.
The entire NFL is on HGH. I mean look at them? Most of their bodies are unaturally huge.

I don't really understand why you are on this witch hunt over issues that are in the past with Moss and others. Nothing ever came of that story in the past on Moss.

On the other side, plenty has been proven to be true about what Fred Davis did and it was against NFL Rules.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this thread was about Jordan Reed.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
At one time it was till today when markrc99 decided he was going to blast our longest tenured veterans and our leaders. Confused

DCRED

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:

rookie season: 500 Yards, 5 TDs Laughing

not sure about the yards but the TDs:
REMEMBER that End Zone Threat we've been missing for years, that tall WR that can win jump ball battles in the end zone, play physical and use size to get to the ball? WE GOT THAT now
+ an Hback type player that can rock screens

His TD's were really about finding open space in college, and he looked wide open on most of them. If he had a better QB he would have had a whole lot more production

They are going to have a blast scheming to get this kid open
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:

REMEMBER that End Zone Threat we've been missing for years, that tall WR that can win jump ball battles in the end zone, play physical and use size to get to the ball? WE GOT THAT now

His TD's were really about finding open space in college, and he looked wide open on most of them. If he had a better QB he would have had a whole lot more production

if Fred Davis is healthy, he'll get those reps. We'd also have to throw a lot more inside the 10 if we are going to have a TE/HB approach 5 Tds again the way Davis and Cooley used to when we threw to them in the redzone 4+ years ago. Last year we didn't run many pass played inside the 10 and the plan actually worked, because we put up more points by running the ball inside the 10 than we did when we threw it more in the previous 4 seasons.

DCRED

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:

if Fred Davis is healthy, he'll get those reps. We'd also have to throw a lot more inside the 10 if we are going to have a TE/HB approach 5 Tds again the way Davis and Cooley used to when we threw to them in the redzone 4+ years ago. Last year we didn't run many pass played inside the 10 and the plan actually worked, because we put up more points by running the ball inside the 10 than we did when we threw it more in the previous 4 seasons.

Sure Davis would get some of those reps, but dont think he will get them just because he is a Veteran

When this regime sees a rookie ballin they let him play. That's what should happen with Reed. He will see the field EVEN IF Davis is healthy.

Did we run the Read-Option before RG3? Did we run the Pistol Formation?
Did we run the ball till a rookie rusher got 1600 Yards?

No, NO, and no

You have to give up your preconceptions, my friend. Previous seasons are NOT a good way to plan for what you see in DC.

If you know anything about Shanahan you know he goes with the hot hand and he designs plays to get talent on the field.

We didn't throw inside the 20 because we didn't have the type of threat that Reed can be. And if you look at his film he is going to be great at getting to the end zone from inside the 20, not just the 10

Shanahan WILL adapt and have Davis AND Reed on the field, and they can both get separation and get us that production we've been missing.

Book It.
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At times, it seems that the Skins wanted to use Cooley but, physically, he just doesn't have it anymore.

I definitely think Jordan Reed will be effective. Immediately.
I'm excited.
DCRED

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
At times, it seems that the Skins wanted to use Cooley but, physically, he just doesn't have it anymore.

I definitely think Jordan Reed will be effective. Immediately.
I'm excited.

Yep. Me Too. They are going to keep adapting the Offense to our new personnel. And I like the direction they are going

Reed and Thompson both have the potential to be Very Explosive,
with Jamison as a dark horse to make the team and get some tough yards when/if Morris needs a breather

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 7 of 13

Jump to: