Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

3.23 (85th overall) - TE Jordan Reed, Florida
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daskins

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
The best chance Niles Paul has at making the team is as a special teams ace. Just as he did in 2011 and 2012. If he can continue to be one of the teams best special teamers, he'll be kept.

With the loss of Lorenzo Alexander, we'll need players like Niles Paul to step up and fill that void

That's a very good point. Anybody have any insight if special teams is a place that Reed can contribute?
daskins

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
The best chance Niles Paul has at making the team is as a special teams ace. Just as he did in 2011 and 2012. If he can continue to be one of the teams best special teamers, he'll be kept.

With the loss of Lorenzo Alexander, we'll need players like Niles Paul to step up and fill that void

That's a very good point. Anybody have any insight if special teams is a place that Reed can contribute?
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daskins wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I think he's a good special teams guy, but not sure. I know blknite would know, he's a huge UF fan. He certainly has the size, speed and athleticism to be a good special teamer

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

While I agree with you that his best way to make the roster is as a special teams player you know I disagree with you about him being anything but a mediocre special teams player at the moment. He needs to improve his game or he'll be gone, but competition brings out the best in people.

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 34 tackles, 7 PD, 2 FF, 2 TFL, 1 INT
Jordan Reed - 24 catches, 229 rec yards
MKnight82

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
daskins wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I think he's a good special teams guy, but not sure. I know blknite would know, he's a huge UF fan. He certainly has the size, speed and athleticism to be a good special teamer
I know Reed played QB in high school, and Rich Tandler said he actually played snaps at Florida as a QB, WR, TE, & HB. Anyone that versatile has got to be able to play special teams.

Adopt - a - Redskin
daskins

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like a great option, can bring another dimension to the offense. Love that Eagles were looking at him with the 35th. And cant be upset with the comparisons. From http://www.eagleseyeblog.com/2013-articles/april/jordan-reed-looks-better-all-the-time-as-eagles-2nd-round-prospect.html

Quote:
Player Comparison: Aaron Hernandez. Reed has a similar skill set to his mentor. Over the past few years, Hernandez has tutored Reed. Neither one is a big tight end, but they burn defenses with their quickness and athleticism. Hernandez fell to the fourth round of the 2010 NFL Draft because of off-the-field issues, but he generally graded out as a second-rounder like Reed. It wouldn't be surprising if Reed develops into a tight end similar to Hernandez.

Reed is a freak athlete. He's a tight end and a quarterback rolled into one. He can run, jump, throw and has tremendous lower body strength. How often does that combination come along in the NFL?

Ready to play
Special-teams potential

Sorry if this post looks awful, still figuring out the buttons, as you can see from my double post Very Happy
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
daskins wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I know Reed played QB in high school, and Rich Tandler said he actually played snaps at Florida as a QB, WR, TE, & HB. Anyone that versatile has got to be able to play special teams.
yep I think so also. Sounds like Niles Paul, except Paul never played qb that I know of and Paul is faster by 2 to 3 tenths of a second.

If Paul can just get those hands better, these 2 could be special along with Logan as the big inline blocker.

I think the pressure is definitely on Fred Davis to get back, get healthy and perform

Last edited by turtle28 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daskins wrote:
Seems like a great option, can bring another dimension to the offense. Love that Eagles were looking at him with the 35th. And cant be upset with the comparisons. From http://www.eagleseyeblog.com/2013-articles/april/jordan-reed-looks-better-all-the-time-as-eagles-2nd-round-prospect.html

Quote:
Player Comparison: Aaron Hernandez. Reed has a similar skill set to his mentor. Over the past few years, Hernandez has tutored Reed. Neither one is a big tight end, but they burn defenses with their quickness and athleticism. Hernandez fell to the fourth round of the 2010 NFL Draft because of off-the-field issues, but he generally graded out as a second-rounder like Reed. It wouldn't be surprising if Reed develops into a tight end similar to Hernandez.

Reed is a freak athlete. He's a tight end and a quarterback rolled into one. He can run, jump, throw and has tremendous lower body strength. How often does that combination come along in the NFL?

Ready to play
Special-teams potential

Sorry if this post looks awful, still figuring out the buttons, as you can see from my double post Very Happy
No worries. Thanks for posting that was an interesting read.

Adopt - a - Redskin
MKnight82

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
daskins wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

yep I think so also. Sounds like Niles Paul, except Paul never played qb that I know of and Paul is faster by 2 to 3 tenths of a second.

If Paul can just get those hands better, these 2 could be special along with Logan as the big inline blocker
I though we'd take a jack of all trades type of player in this draft I just figured he'd be a rb/wr/kr type. I could still see us draft someone like that later on. Versatility is really valuable with a 53 man roster limit.

Adopt - a - Redskin
Brian23

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Apparently he's an offensive monster. I trust Kyle to to use him well, just surprised they didn't pick Duke Williams at that point.
Duke Williams, Phillip Thomas, Baccari Rambo, tony Jefferson and Shamarko Thomas still available at Safety. I think we have good options still in round 4

I would put money that, if he's their, Duke Williams is gonna be the pick in the 4th. They're in love with that kid.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
daskins wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

If Paul can just get those hands better, these 2 could be special along with Logan as the big inline blocker
I though we'd take a jack of all trades type of player in this draft I just figured he'd be a rb/wr/kr type. I could still see us draft someone like that later on. Versatility is really valuable with a 53 man roster limit.
well that's Niles Paul Wink

Wr/TE/KR/Gunner/Blocker on punt returns

I could see us taking a player with speed later also who can be a rb/wr/KR

turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Apparently he's an offensive monster. I trust Kyle to to use him well, just surprised they didn't pick Duke Williams at that point.
Duke Williams, Phillip Thomas, Baccari Rambo, tony Jefferson and Shamarko Thomas still available at Safety. I think we have good options still in round 4

I would put money that, if he's their, Duke Williams is gonna be the pick in the 4th. They're in love with that kid.
hope so. I'm a bit worried he doesn't have the range for FS though.

MKnight82

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
daskins wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Lets not argue about this again. You know I don't think Paul is more than average at any of those positions. In fact I think he's down right mediocre. We could go 3 pages on this again, or agree to disagree.

Kenjon Barner comes to mind, or Andre Ellington maybe could fill that role, basically replacing what we hoped Brandon Banks would become.

Adopt - a - Redskin
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
daskins wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Lets not argue about this again. You know I don't think Paul is more than average at any of those positions. In fact I think he's down right mediocre. We could go 3 pages on this again, or agree to disagree.

Kenjon Barner comes to mind, or Andre Ellington maybe could fill that role, basically replacing what we hoped Brandon Banks would become.
yeah I agree about Barner and Ellington.

We'll see on the other thing...

daskins

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

I think Phillip Thomas has been in touch more. That said, if they liked him that much, I hope they had some pretty strong intel that he would be there in the 4th. Curious whats going on with that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13

Jump to: