Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

3.23 (85th overall) - TE Jordan Reed, Florida
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geronimo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Geronimo wrote:
I like a lot what I see in the highlights, he is often wide open. Is he so good or is the defense so bad? Nonetheless I still wish we had a big and heavy TE (like e.g. Witten) to send in the middle, keep the LBs near the line and let the WR go deep.
we do have Paulsen but he's not near as talented as Witten

I'm a moderator of Washington Redskins forum. I want that to sink in when I say I truly detest the Cowboys.

Well, me too, was just an example. Feel free to read "Gronko" instead.
DCRED

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geronimo wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Geronimo wrote:
I like a lot what I see in the highlights, he is often wide open. Is he so good or is the defense so bad? Nonetheless I still wish we had a big and heavy TE (like e.g. Witten) to send in the middle, keep the LBs near the line and let the WR go deep.

I'm a moderator of Washington Redskins forum. I want that to sink in when I say I truly detest the Cowboys.

Got to give Witten credit, I didn't even realize Witten set the NFL single-season record for receptions by a tight end with 103 receptions... curses

On "Gronko" : . If Davis performed on the field the way he does in his head we'd be in good shape... But talk doesn't put points on the board, and he's got some talk to back up now...
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geronimo wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Geronimo wrote:

You cut off the second sentence.

I wrote:
However, to put Paulsen and Witten in the same thread, much less the same sentence, is an absolute travesty.

Wasn't objecting to using Witten as an example (as much as I detest the Cowboys, you have to respect his skill) but the comparison of Paulsen to Witten.
DCRED

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/talk/te-jordan-reed-road-recovery

Hope Reed's lingering injury doesn't set him back too much. This is the most critical time for him to be learning if we expect him to have any production this season...
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Geronimo wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Geronimo wrote:

You cut off the second sentence.

I wrote:
However, to put Paulsen and Witten in the same thread, much less the same sentence, is an absolute travesty.

Wasn't objecting to using Witten as an example (as much as I detest the Cowboys, you have to respect his skill) but the comparison of Paulsen to Witten.
I wasn't comparing Witten to Paulsen in terms of play on the field. All I was saying was size wise, they're about the same. Which, is a very true statement.

Witten- 6'6, 261
Paulsen- 6'5, 261
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/talk/te-jordan-reed-road-recovery

Hope Reed's lingering injury doesn't set him back too much. This is the most critical time for him to be learning if we expect him to have any production this season...
At least he's on the road back and is sprinting with Rg3 and Chris Thompson.

Quote:
I had a [thigh] contusion in college and that caused my quad to shutdown and stop working, which caused my kneecap to start moving around and banging into my bone, and that caused a bone bruise, Reed explained. As long as I get that quad back firing right, my kneecap will stay in place and Ill be normal again.

Reed has already missed a lot of practice time, and hell miss a little more before hes cleared. But, fortunately for him, hes been rehabbing alongside fellow tight end Fred Davis (achilles surgery) and has used the opportunity to learn as much as possible from the veteran.

Hes a great player, Reed said of Davis, who is also expected to return in training camp. Hes a good dude. Hes been helping me out a whole bunch. Hes teaching me the plays and certain techniques he uses for certain defenses and in certain situations. So hes helping me out a lot.
it's nice to see Fred Davis giving the young guys instructions like he used to get from Chris Cooley back in the day.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind Jeezy

Last edited by DCRED on Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So he's similar to Hernandez on the field in playing style and went to the same school so now we're worried about his character?
Rolling Eyes

Where you go we'll follow! Let's go USMNT!!!!
lavar703

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
Was a bit worried watching interviews with Reed after noticing his "thuggishness". Kinda seemed like a punk, but I've never met the guy. I hope I'm wrong and he's a nice kid. Everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt...

But with all the Hernandez comparisons : http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2013/06/26/aaron-hernandez-arrested/

Let's hope he gets plenty of positive influence from our locker room, and our vets show him how to stay grounded after he starts getting more money than he's ever seen in his life, and spotlight... Glad he has RG3, Morris, etc around him

What "thuggishness" do you speak of?
lavar703

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
So he's similar to Hernandez on the field in playing style and went to the same school so now we're worried about his character?
Rolling Eyes

Luckily he doesn't have tattoos cause then we'd know for certain he's a full-fledged murderer in the making...
DCRED

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:

What "thuggishness" do you speak of?

Look sorry I brought it up. But it's not just because he went to the same school Jeezy.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/the_blitz/2013/02/jordan_reed_follows_aaron_hernandez_path_maybe_back_to_new

Quote:
"I know him pretty good," Reed said. "Me and him are good friends, and I learned a lot from him when I was at Florida.

So you might assume being good friends they spent time together off the field as well.

And obviously, Hernandez, Reed's biggest influence, had very questionable integrity, even just amongst people in the locker room:
http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/the_blitz/2013/06/former_patriot_matt_light_says_he_never_embraced_anything
Quote:
how he was perceived in the locker room

Quote:
''I never talk about other guys,'' Light said, ''but I will say I have never embraced - never believed in - anything Aaron Hernandez stood for.

Hey, if nothing else maybe this is a HUGE wake-up call when a good friend of his gets caught up in a murder trial as the prime suspect and pisses away a $40 million deal...
lavar703

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't Tebow one of Aaron's good friends also? I have friends that I grew up with who stay in and out of trouble and I've done quite well with my life. At some point you just have to realize that your friends are no longer having a healthy impact on your life and seperate yourself from them.
DCRED

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
At some point you just have to realize that your friends are no longer having a healthy impact on your life and seperate yourself from them.

Good Point, and I do believe he will be making a whole lot of new friends who can have a positive impact
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not concerned at all. I heard Hernandez thought people were trying to kill him, and he thought he had to get them first.

It's an incident isolated to Hernandez alone, IMO. Sounds like it was either legit that Hernandez should worry, or he's got mental issues. I'm thinking its the latter.
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Patriots were talking bad about Hernandez when he was catching passes and scoring TDs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: