Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

63rd Overall Pick: TE Travis Kelce, Cincinnati
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Rumless


Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 1517
Location: Chiefs Kingdom
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really pumped about this pick. I really wanted to see the tight end position addressed. I'm not pleased by Moeaki's development and injuries, and while Fasano is a nice signing, I wanted a good third tight end on the roster. Enter Travis Kelce.

Bold prediction: the battle between staying on the roster in camp will be between Tony Moeaki and Kevin Brock.
_________________
[quote="aceinthehouse"]I personally do NOT think Lewis is the Greatest MLBer ever.

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ers Finest


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 8810
Location: San Jose
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
He was my second favorite mid round TE in this draft behind Vance McDonald, but he was already gone. Love the pick.

I'm thinking Reid is approaching offense somewhat differently than in Philly. Two top TEs and another RB suggest he's taking a different approach. With that, I'm loving the future so far. Just need to really focus on defense now.


i like kelce 10x more.

im very underwhlemed by mcdonald. he drops and bobbles so many balls

will be interesting to see if we traded up for the right guy in years

im jealous. but glad alex is happy!
_________________
***WE RUN THE WEST!***
SB AT HOME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

new sig... sorry alex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47585
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a steal. He is an early-mid second round prospect IMO. I was really hoping he would fall to the Jets at 72.
_________________


#TeamManfred
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArrowheadRage58


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 4084
Location: Hate for the Donkeys is at a mile high
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He seems like he'll be a good player, but a 3rd TE when we could've had Wheaton...very disappointing. On the flip side, it has to mean that he's seen so much he likes in Baldwin, that with him Bowe, DMX, Avery, and maybe even Wiley, another good WR just isn't needed.

Anyone else find it strange that his "weaknesses" are he doesn't have blazing speed or major explosiveness, yet he's one of the faster TE's you'll find. He's only slow for a WR.
_________________
49ers Finest wrote:

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ryknowssd


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 22805
Location: Awesomeville
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Anyone else find it strange that his "weaknesses" are he doesn't have blazing speed or major explosiveness, yet he's one of the faster TE's you'll find. He's only slow for a WR.


I don't really find that weird. By "blazing speed", I think of a guy like Vernon Davis who runs a 4.3 forty yard dash. That's not Kelce. As for major explosiveness, I'd agree whole heartedly with that assessment. He doesn't have a good burst coming out of his cuts and it takes him a good 5-10 yards to get up to full speed. The good thing is explosiveness can be taught as long as he stays healthy. The speed and lower body strength is there, but his route running technique is horrid right now, so without any wasted movement off the line and out of his cuts, I could see him becoming much quicker and agile in short quarters.
_________________

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marnz


Joined: 16 Mar 2013
Posts: 222
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Anyone else find it strange that his "weaknesses" are he doesn't have blazing speed or major explosiveness, yet he's one of the faster TE's you'll find. He's only slow for a WR.


I don't really find that weird. By "blazing speed", I think of a guy like Vernon Davis who runs a 4.3 forty yard dash. That's not Kelce. As for major explosiveness, I'd agree whole heartedly with that assessment. He doesn't have a good burst coming out of his cuts and it takes him a good 5-10 yards to get up to full speed. The good thing is explosiveness can be taught as long as he stays healthy. The speed and lower body strength is there, but his route running technique is horrid right now, so without any wasted movement off the line and out of his cuts, I could see him becoming much quicker and agile in short quarters.


I disagree on eexplosive part

He seems to have amazing burst of line of scrimmage and gets to top speed fast

Does lack explosion on cuts as do kost unpolished wr/te but ya that can be taught and with his athlethicim shouldn't be a problem

Hs will be a great target and I think 3 years from now we may be talking about a top 5 TE love his upside
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OILCHIEFS


Joined: 02 Feb 2011
Posts: 1473
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favorite TE's in the draft. His YAC ability is insane compared to other TE's.


Love this new BPA thing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ryknowssd


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 22805
Location: Awesomeville
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marnz wrote:
I disagree on eexplosive part

He seems to have amazing burst of line of scrimmage and gets to top speed fast


Off the line, he has an explosive burst, but only for the first step. After that, he builds up to his top speed over 5-10 yards. That means he's been taught technique in beating the press and getting out of his stance correctly, but he hasn't been taught how to use his powerful leg drive to his advantage. His footwork in and out of cuts has a ton of wasted movement, too. That's why you don't see the explosion out of the cuts.

He definitely has the athleticism, body control and lower body strength to develop those areas of his game and that's why I'm optimistic with his route running. He has a long way to go in that regard right now, though.
_________________

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ryknowssd


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 22805
Location: Awesomeville
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally thought of a good NFL comparison for this kid and because of name recognition, I'm not even sure I should post it.

But I will anyway. He reminds me a LOT of Mark Bavaro. Tough, GREAT blocker, soft hands, nasty demeanor, fast enough to run away from linebackers and some safeties, isn't afraid to truck defenders and he has enough athleticism to make people miss in the open field.
_________________

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Diesel2692


Joined: 15 Mar 2009
Posts: 2615
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You watch his game tape though and it looks like he's about to put the ball on the ground every play lol. Much like our new RB. Seems BALL SECURITY will need to be a HUGE emphasis in TC for our new team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Da_Zou13


Joined: 09 Jan 2008
Posts: 2585
Location: Columbia
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diesel2692 wrote:
You watch his game tape though and it looks like he's about to put the ball on the ground every play lol. Much like our new RB. Seems BALL SECURITY will need to be a HUGE emphasis in TC for our new team.

Good thing that can be easily taught/learned.
_________________

Props to LOTO on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Diesel2692


Joined: 15 Mar 2009
Posts: 2615
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Da_Zou13 wrote:
Diesel2692 wrote:
You watch his game tape though and it looks like he's about to put the ball on the ground every play lol. Much like our new RB. Seems BALL SECURITY will need to be a HUGE emphasis in TC for our new team.

Good thing that can be easily taught/learned.


Can it? It can be taught for sure not as easily learned for some. Let's hope both our guys get it quickly. That is the one thing I don't see any coaches putting up with at all. They will quickly find themselves on the bench, in the dog house, off the team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Da_Zou13


Joined: 09 Jan 2008
Posts: 2585
Location: Columbia
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diesel2692 wrote:
Can it? It can be taught for sure not as easily learned for some. Let's hope both our guys get it quickly. That is the one thing I don't see any coaches putting up with at all. They will quickly find themselves on the bench, in the dog house, off the team.

Some players can learn it and change and improve, but others wont. The good thing about the pick is that he wont be asked to play much in the beginning. He can play special teams and learn behind Charles while Gray can be our number 2. If Davis shows he has fully healed from the injury and fix the fumbles, then he will get the ball more.
_________________

Props to LOTO on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rearviewmirror


Moderator
Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 18549
Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love this guy. Love this pick.
_________________

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ArrowheadRage58


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 4084
Location: Hate for the Donkeys is at a mile high
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Anyone else find it strange that his "weaknesses" are he doesn't have blazing speed or major explosiveness, yet he's one of the faster TE's you'll find. He's only slow for a WR.


I don't really find that weird. By "blazing speed", I think of a guy like Vernon Davis who runs a 4.3 forty yard dash. That's not Kelce. As for major explosiveness, I'd agree whole heartedly with that assessment. He doesn't have a good burst coming out of his cuts and it takes him a good 5-10 yards to get up to full speed. The good thing is explosiveness can be taught as long as he stays healthy. The speed and lower body strength is there, but his route running technique is horrid right now, so without any wasted movement off the line and out of his cuts, I could see him becoming much quicker and agile in short quarters.


I guess you misunderstood...I was really just pointing out that while he may not be up there with guys like Vernon Davis, his speed obviously is not a weakness.
_________________
49ers Finest wrote:

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group