Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

(#65) Lions Select: Larry this means WARford, OG, Kentucky
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WillieYoungSon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Congrats on getting the best pick in this draft when considering value/skill/need altogether.

Warford isn't far off at all from Warmack/Cooper. He's got all-pro potential.

100% agreed!!! Hell yeah Larry!
stylish313

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions017 wrote:
LOVE this pick.

I would've been thrilled with Warford in the second. Third round is just crazy value.
Yes Sir!

Got one of the guys on my sig, finally!

Stupid job made me miss the selection Evil or Very Mad
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Called this pick in my first two mock drafts. Cool

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
EhJae

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like many others I wanted Warford at #36 so, to see him selected in the 3rd... Applause
#71 Riley Reiff
Typical_Lions

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EhJae wrote:
Like many others I wanted Warford at #36 so, to see him selected in the 3rd... Applause

Totally agree! Surprised

Gotta get lucky sometimes
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't really want Warford in the 2rd. I really felt it was early for him and still liked way too many players more than him.

By the time the 3rd came around I was all but begging for him though.
Backus76

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of Warford at all, but its at least an upgrade and good value based on where he was projected. Solid in pass pro, but poor athleticism and balance. Mediocre at the second level, struggles to hit moving targets and ends up on the ground more than any other OL I scouted.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backus76 wrote:
Not a fan of Warford at all, but its at least an upgrade and good value based on where he was projected. Solid in pass pro, but poor athleticism and balance. Mediocre at the second level, struggles to hit moving targets and ends up on the ground more than any other OL I scouted.

At the senior bowl they said he was e most agile O lineman. They say his strengths are his ability to get to the second level and he should be very helpful on screens. So not sure what you saw, but I and many others saw different.

Adopt-A-Lion - Larry Warford, OG as in Original Gangsta
Backus76

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
Backus76 wrote:

At the senior bowl they said he was e most agile O lineman. They say his strengths are his ability to get to the second level and he should be very helpful on screens. So not sure what you saw, but I and many others saw different.

He is agile, good short area burst. Have to be able to hit the targets when you get there and he struggled. Couldn't latch onto Ogletree to save his life. Likes to lunge/cut when he's in space and doesn't have the body control to be effective playing that way.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backus76 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
Backus76 wrote:

He is agile, good short area burst. Have to be able to hit the targets when you get there and he struggled. Couldn't latch onto Ogletree to save his life. Likes to lunge/cut when he's in space and doesn't have the body control to be effective playing that way.

So would you say he has some shortcomings consistent with a 3rd pick? And that it may be possible he was available to us in the 3rd due to those shortcomings?
TheROARisBACK

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In three seasons as the starting right guard, he led the SEC interior blockers with an 88.47 percent grade for blocking consistency, as he registered 36 touchdown-resulting blocks and 125 knockdowns.

Quote:
The 6-foot-3, 332-pounder was a 38-game starter for the Wildcats and earned third-team All-America honors as a senior after not surrendering a single sack and only drawing two penalties.

Per Roto
stylish313

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheROARisBACK wrote:
Quote:
In three seasons as the starting right guard, he led the SEC interior blockers with an 88.47 percent grade for blocking consistency, as he registered 36 touchdown-resulting blocks and 125 knockdowns.

Quote:
The 6-foot-3, 332-pounder was a 38-game starter for the Wildcats and earned third-team All-America honors as a senior after not surrendering a single sack and only drawing two penalties.

Per Roto
Nice find.

Well it seems as if 98% of us are in-love with this pick. He's a guy I've always coveted, just didn't see him on the same level as Warmack and Cooper. That's no knock on him though, I believe those two are two of the top #5 guard prospects in the past 20 years.
imBlackSheep

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
TheROARisBACK wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Per Roto
Nice find.

Well it seems as if 98% of us are in-love with this pick. He's a guy I've always coveted, just didn't see him on the same level as Warmack and Cooper. That's no knock on him though, I believe those two are two of the top #5 guard prospects in the past 20 years.

Something to think about though, Warmack played in the same conference as him but he played in arguably the premier OL in D1 football with multiple coveted OL prospects beside him whereas Warford WAS the Kentucky OL and basically made them what there were on the ground and put up those numbers. Do you think that they maybe closer then some think but since Warmack played on Bama he is just more well known and visible compared to Warford or do you truly believe he is simply better ?
Typical_Lions

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imBlackSheep wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
TheROARisBACK wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Per Roto
Nice find.

Something to think about though, Warmack played in the same conference as him but he played in arguably the premier OL in D1 football with multiple coveted OL prospects beside him whereas Warford WAS the Kentucky OL and basically made them what there were on the ground and put up those numbers. Do you think that they maybe closer then some think but since Warmack played on Bama he is just more well known and visible compared to Warford or do you truly believe he is simply better ?

The film proves that Warmack was just that good. Is he THAT much better than Warford? We will not know for a while but let's just count our lucky stars that the Lions were able to snag him where they did.
mijags

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bleacherreport (yea, i know, everyone hates them) says warford's NFL comparison is carl nicks. i like that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: