You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With the 62nd Pick in the NFL Draft, Christine Michael
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MIKE DENISON

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FOR GOD SAKE, WHAT DID WE GET FOR TRADING DOWN 1?!?! LORD KNOWS ESPN WON'T TELL YOU !
Tooki

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Let's not forget Lynch's ailing back problems...

This too. Marshawn is never at 100% during the season. He doesn't practice a lot and he NEEDS somebody to help him out.

I can see Pete phase out his amount of carries over the next year or two. Don't forget his large contract as well, I can see 'shawn be a casualty to re-sign Russell Wilson or Richard Sherman.
sirensong

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MIKE DENISON wrote:
FOR GOD SAKE, WHAT DID WE GET FOR TRADING DOWN 1?!?! LORD KNOWS ESPN WON'T TELL YOU !

5th and a 6th.
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MIKE DENISON wrote:

swapped 2nds and got 4 5 and something esle i think
imani

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MIKE DENISON wrote:

late 5th and late 6th for trading down 6 spots

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
imani

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll help you guys out. Watch michaels highlights. Think of all the times we saw leon washington run the ball as a true RB for us the last 2 years....replace those runs with Christian.

Your welcome

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
sirensong

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
Wee-Bey wrote:
Tooki wrote:
Turbin is going to be the 3rd down/COP back. Christine will be the future starting back (Marshawn).

How couldn't Christine help the team? He can spell Marshawn on 1st and 2nd downs and he can keep Beast fresh. Marshawn MAY miss 4 games due to his DUI and he plays dinged up all season long. If this team is going to make a Superbowl run, Christine will come up big at the end of the season when he can let Marshawn get some rest.

I'm done trying to tell you this. I have said this more than 3 times and you still don't get it.

This smells like the Bobby Wagner pick to me. He is somebody who fits the scheme perfectly and will grow into his role with ease.

There was a need for Bobby Wagner, he grew into his role very early, and LB is a tougher position to fill than RB. Different situations imo.

I'm talking about impact, not a degree of need. You also compared the Christine pick to Carp, which is different as well. O-Line was a bigger need than LB going into the 2011 draft. My point is that Christine fits the team much alike how Bobby fit the team. Christine Michael is what Pete wants in a powerback. Again, Marshawn is 27 and he has a lot of mileage. I don't see him getting as many carries as he did last year ever again.

Keenan Allen is still falling by the way. There is definitely a red card attached to his name. Terrance Williams just got picked over him, that has to tell you something.

Siren, feel free to have your opinion. My issue is that Wee-Bey is not understanding my point, because his responses showed me that he didn't get what I was saying. He is failing to see that Marshawn has limited elite production remaining. That's not opinion, that's fact.

I completely agree Lynch only has a couple years left. But that said, he has a couple years left and is an elite lvl running back.

My issue is we could have had value later in the draft and get someone to groom a guy as Lynch's successor. We might as well have traded back again.

If we took him at 87 I got no problem just not with THAT pick.
chpjns15

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Let's not forget Lynch's ailing back problems...

I forgot about that. I wouldn't be surprised if his production significantly dropped this upcoming year. Also, with the size of his contract, I wouldn't be surprised if he was a casualty in order to be able to resign Sherman, ET, Okung, etc.
Wee-Bey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
Wee-Bey wrote:
Tooki wrote:
Turbin is going to be the 3rd down/COP back. Christine will be the future starting back (Marshawn).

How couldn't Christine help the team? He can spell Marshawn on 1st and 2nd downs and he can keep Beast fresh. Marshawn MAY miss 4 games due to his DUI and he plays dinged up all season long. If this team is going to make a Superbowl run, Christine will come up big at the end of the season when he can let Marshawn get some rest.

I'm done trying to tell you this. I have said this more than 3 times and you still don't get it.

This smells like the Bobby Wagner pick to me. He is somebody who fits the scheme perfectly and will grow into his role with ease.

There was a need for Bobby Wagner, he grew into his role very early, and LB is a tougher position to fill than RB. Different situations imo.

I'm talking about impact, not a degree of need. You also compared the Christine pick to Carp, which is different as well. O-Line was a bigger need than LB going into the 2011 draft. My point is that Christine fits the team much alike how Bobby fit the team. Christine Michael is what Pete wants in a powerback. Again, Marshawn is 27 and he has a lot of mileage. I don't see him getting as many carries as he did last year ever again.

Keenan Allen is still falling by the way. There is definitely a red card attached to his name. Terrance Williams just got picked over him, that has to tell you something.

Siren, feel free to have your opinion. My issue is that Wee-Bey is not understanding my point, because his responses showed me that he didn't get what I was saying. He is failing to see that Marshawn has limited elite production remaining. That's not opinion, that's fact.

Firstly, I didn't make a comment on the Carp pick. I'm analyzing this selection based on the talent on the roster, and the talent left on the board.

Secondly, I understand your point, I just don't agree with it.
Wee-Bey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And there goes Allen. I hope Michael works out.
Tooki

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who would be available later that could replicate Christine Michael? I'm not saying who could be like him, I'm saying replicate his production and what he can do.

Don't agree with it Wee-Bey, that's fine. I'm also trying to think about this as how Pete and John would, not the average fan.

Here is my mindset: The team is looking to the future in this draft. The majority of the starting positions are locked down for this year, but the team will lose some 2013 starters.

Say that Marshawn has 3 years of elite production left. In 3 years, Christine Michael will know the scheme and he can come in and immediately replace Marshawn. If he is ready, he will get some reps this year. The team may hold back Marshawn this year if Christine is ready at times or situations where they didn't last year, because nobody on the roster could replace Marshawn.

Last edited by Tooki on Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sandman55

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No sale, Tooki.

I like the player, but using a 2nd here on RB is a waste. He can be a great back, but if he's a backup for 2 years that's just bad value. With a 2nd you need a guy that at least will potentially be starting on day 1, and definitely starting in year 2.
Wee-Bey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
Who would be available later that could replicate Christine Michael? I'm not saying who could be like him, I'm saying replicate his production and what he can do.

I'm not concerned with there being someone left on board that can replicate Michaels hypothetical production. Seattle was going to get production from their running game with or without Christine Michael. I'm concerned with there being superior talent of greater need left on the board where the FA made a selection they didn't necessarily have to, and could have made later in the draft if they felt the addition were necessary.

The 49ers got better today by drafting smartly, finding talent late that can have an impact immediately. Regardless of whether or not you like Michaels talent, do you feel the Seahawks got better?

Quote:
Don't agree with it Wee-Bey, that's fine. I'm also trying to think about this as how Pete and John would, not the average fan.

But you aren't Pete or John. You, like everyone else here, are just a fan.

Last edited by Wee-Bey on Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tooki

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandman55 wrote:
No sale, Tooki.

I like the player, but using a 2nd here on RB is a waste. He can be a great back, but if he's a backup for 2 years that's just bad value. With a 2nd you need a guy that at least will potentially be starting on day 1, and definitely starting in year 2.

The only positions with a need for a Day-1 starter is OG and WLB. A WLB can be picked later in the draft and OG's that we kept an eye on like Kyle Long were selected already.

The FO was able to select purely BPA because the starting positions are locked down for the most part. 20 of 22 starters are coming back this year, Pete would not want to upset that continuity.
sirensong

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
Sandman55 wrote:
No sale, Tooki.

The only positions with a need for a Day-1 starter is OG and WLB. A WLB can be picked later in the draft and OG's that we kept an eye on like Kyle Long were selected already.

The FO was able to select purely BPA because the starting positions are locked down for the most part. 20 of 22 starters are coming back this year, Pete would not want to upset that continuity.

You say WLB can be picked up later, but RB cant? GImme a break dude. THere's talent left at RB and WLB is an actual need. When there's value at both positions go with the need always.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: