Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

91st Overall: Patriots select Duron Harmon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
Quote:
Kevin Weidl
‏@KevinW_ESPN
Rutgers S Duron Harmon is destroying people out there right now. Good size and an intriguing late round prospect.

Four months ago by a Scouts Inc guy.

And even he said late round pick... again, i wouldn't of had a problem with the pick if BB likes him so much I'm sure he has a reason for it, but the risk of waiting and taking him later in the draft was very small, why not take a better prospect in the 3rd round and try to get Harmon later? is he the next Ed Reed that Bill couldn't wait a bit? maybe trade down in the 4th and pick Harmon in the 5th-7th rounds?
Tom Brady Tribute
rabbisson

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
Quote:
Kevin Weidl
‏@KevinW_ESPN
Rutgers S Duron Harmon is destroying people out there right now. Good size and an intriguing late round prospect.

And even he said late round pick... again, i wouldn't of had a problem with the pick if BB likes him so much I'm sure he has a reason for it, but the risk of waiting and taking him later in the draft was very small, why not take a better prospect in the 3rd round and try to get Harmon later? is he the next Ed Reed that Bill couldn't wait a bit? maybe trade down in the 4th and pick Harmon in the 5th-7th rounds?

The Patriots were trying to trade out the pick, per Doug Kyed. They couldn't find a partner. Took the pick to the wire.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
Quote:
Kevin Weidl
‏@KevinW_ESPN

The Patriots were trying to trade out the pick, per Doug Kyed. They couldn't find a partner. Took the pick to the wire.

So there was NO ONE else they liked ahead of him? *he* was the highest rated player left on their board??
Tom Brady Tribute
TomRalph

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
Quote:
Kevin Weidl
‏@KevinW_ESPN

So there was NO ONE else they liked ahead of him? *he* was the highest rated player left on their board??

We have a very early 4th Rounder, we could have taken a better player then tried to shop the 4th Rounder overnight.

Ridiculous reasoning. BB does like to maker things appear more complicated than they are.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
Quote:
Kevin Weidl
‏@KevinW_ESPN

We have a very early 4th Rounder, we could have taken a better player then tried to shop the 4th Rounder overnight.

Ridiculous reasoning. BB does like to maker things appear more complicated than they are.

I know, it's silly, Harmon surly would of made it to the 4th round pick... how could he of been the highest rated player on their board?
Tom Brady Tribute
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Pats identified Harmon as a guy they wanted to draft, wouldn't passing him in the 3rd round hurt their flexibility in moving the 102nd pick?

Presumably, they want to fill in the 5th/6th round picks if possible.

I'm guessing that played into their thinking a bit.
patsfan06

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it so absurd to think Harmon was the highest player on BB's board? He does this every year.

And what this draftniks say is irrelevant to how BB operates.
PoWww

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan06 wrote:
Why is it so absurd to think Harmon was the highest player on BB's board? He does this every year.

And what this draftniks say is irrelevant to how BB operates.

Exactly. Just because the media has someone rated low doesn't mean BB has him rated low.
patsfan25

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way too much overreaction to this pick. It was a reach, sure. But he doesn't look like a bad prospect at all. Tavon Wilson was placed everywhere on the field at Illinois, and looked lost in all positions. He wasn't half bad as a rookie, and that pick had more of a fall of the cliff to it.

Aite,

peace.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duron Harmon is an anagram for "random ho run"

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
VTPatsFan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:

Sounds like my trip to Rome.

2 miles of prostitutes.
patsfan06

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan25 wrote:
Way too much overreaction to this pick. It was a reach, sure. But he doesn't look like a bad prospect at all. Tavon Wilson was placed everywhere on the field at Illinois, and looked lost in all positions. He wasn't half bad as a rookie, and that pick had more of a fall of the cliff to it.

The pick may not work out, in fact the odds say a 3rd rounder is more likely to bust than to make it. However, I think BB has earned the benefit of the doubt from us fans to make picks like this, especially after nabbing Tavon Wilson as the 3rd safety taken and everyone crying about how much of a reach it was an how terrible a pick he made. Then having it turn out that Wilson put up as good or better numbers than everyone but the two guys taken in front of him.

BB could pick Rich Eisen and he would still get the benefit of the doubt from me. He deserve it and earned it.
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VTPatsFan wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

2 miles of prostitutes.

Were they lying end to end? Or crucified every half mile in the Roman tradition?

Quote:
Well, I'm the President of the Howdy Doody Circus Army!
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
VTPatsFan wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

2 miles of prostitutes.

Were they lying end to end? Or crucified every half mile in the Roman tradition?

.... so lets talk about teddy bears and flowers instead? Or that draft thing that's going on.

Laughing where this conversation was going to end up going... we'll never know!

Deadpulse on the sig!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this was posted and didn't feel like wading through the 8 pages of rage but:

Quote:
The safety group had some nice upside as well. The most impressive of the safeties was Rutgers’ Duron Harmon. He was easily the best athlete at the position and his breaking ability and fluid hips were very impressive. He came in at 6-0 and 198 pounds and shows very good feet and explosiveness. On one play during team he sprinted from the opposite hash to cover a drag route and came close to intercepting a pass thrown out in front of the receiver. On another short hand off play he came flying up from about 12 yards deep to stick the running back at the line of scrimmage. He definitely plays faster than his estimated 4.6 speed.

http://www.optimumscouting.com/draft/articles/2013-nflpa-collegiate-bowl-scouting-recap.html

Quote:
Duron Harmon, SS, Rutgers - Scouts consider Harmon the best athlete at his position in this bowl game. There has been estimated 40 times for him around the 4.6 range, which is really slow. But scouts called him the most explosive defensive back at the NFLPA bowl, with great instincts. He plays faster than his “estimated” time.

http://proplayerinsiders.com/nflpa-bowl-players-that-could-be-on-the-washington-redskins-radar/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: