Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Robert Alford | Round 2 | Pick 60
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpicyMcHaggis

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Similar to the Lamar Holmes pick... the who? what? huh?... next thing thing you know he went from the potential left tackle of the future to the possible right tackle to replace clabo.

Easy.................

Keep calm..... let it play out....day 3 awaits.
swoosh

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpicyMcHaggis wrote:
Similar to the Lamar Holmes pick... the who? what? huh?... next thing thing you know he went from the potential left tackle of the future to the possible right tackle to replace clabo.

Easy.................

Holmes was much more shocking. Alford was good value. A lot of people thought he'd be picked early second. But I agree with what you're saying. People need to relax. Let TD do his thing.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
SpicyMcHaggis wrote:

Easy.................

Holmes was much more shocking. Alford was good value. A lot of people thought he'd be picked early second. But I agree with what you're saying. People need to relax. Let TD do his thing.
agree with swoosh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't shocked at the pick. Just felt like DE should have been the choice. But anyway, still excited to watch this secondary. In TD I trust.

Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 76-111 68.4% 965 yards 7 TDs 3 INTs 105.2 QB Rating
swoosh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GFalcon wrote:
swoosh wrote:
Awesome pick. I told you guys CB was still a huge need. The Falcons had three quality CB's on the roster before the pick. Three start in Nolan's defense. Do you guys not see the problem with that? Alford is crazy talented who could even start as a rookie. I'm not sold on McClain yet. Even if he is the #4 this year, he will most likely eventually start as Samuel won't last forever. Trufant and Alford should be fun to watch over the years.

we said the same about chevis, owens, franks, hell even jimmy williams!
None of them are as talented as Alford. Expect for Williams, but he wasn't drafted by Dimitroff and had a terrible work ethic. He was overweight and had to move to safety.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drunk Patro acceptd this pick!

swoosh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was browsing through the thread in the draft forum and came across this:

KIG wrote:
Robert Alford. GREAT pick. Has the physical tools, physicality, and versatility to cover in a bunch of looks. Good in zone, man, and can cover the slot.

I respect KIG's opinion. He knows what he's talking about.

TD turned a weakness into a potential strength. Gotta give him credit for that. If Trufant and Alford pan out, Atlanta is set at CB for many, many years.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:

KIG wrote:
Robert Alford. GREAT pick. Has the physical tools, physicality, and versatility to cover in a bunch of looks. Good in zone, man, and can cover the slot.

TD turned a weakness into a potential strength. Gotta give him credit for that. If Trufant and Alford pan out, Atlanta is set at CB for many, many years.
Agreed I mean just look at this secondary.

CB: Samuel | Trufant | McClain | Alford | Franks
S: DeCoud | Moore | Mitchell

It's ridiculous how good the secondary got with just 2 picks.

XBL GT: l JGOLD l Adopt a Falcon | LB | Paul Worrilow
swoosh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jgoldiscool wrote:
swoosh wrote:

KIG wrote:

It's looking awesome. I fully expect TD to draft a safety to round out the DB corps.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
Jgoldiscool wrote:
swoosh wrote:

KIG wrote:

It's looking awesome. I fully expect TD to draft a safety to round out the DB corps.
It kind of always seems like TD picks up an old veteran every year just to fill a whole.

XBL GT: l JGOLD l Adopt a Falcon | LB | Paul Worrilow
RIZE FALCONS

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
Wasn't shocked at the pick. Just felt like DE should have been the choice. But anyway, still excited to watch this secondary. In TD I trust.

I don't trust TD when it comes to the draft this year I trust he needs to reliquinsh the reigns and let someone else draft he has traded up we didn't need to, to get a guy that would have been there and by the way we lose a 3rd which we desperately needed and when we should've traded up to get OLB Brown we don't I just don't think TD knows what the @#$# he is doing !!!!!!!! so NO NO to TD we trust!
swoosh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIZE FALCONS wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:

I don't trust TD when it comes to the draft this year I trust he needs to reliquinsh the reigns and let someone else draft he has traded up we didn't need to, to get a guy that would have been there and by the way we lose a 3rd which we desperately needed and when we should've traded up to get OLB Brown we don't I just don't think TD knows what the @#$# he is doing !!!!!!!! so NO NO to TD we trust!
Relax dude. I bet you probably freaked out when he traded up for Julio too. And how do you know Trufant would've been there at 30. TD said there was no chance.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Na dude i knew who we were targeting and I was ok with that trade because he was can't miss we gave up a third to get a can't miss guy did we come on man trust him if u want but the DUDE is human and he did make a mistake the vikings were targeting Rhodes he got SPOOKED say what u want i am a falcon fan but he sucked so far !! And so what he said he would'nt been there did he know I doubt it !
swoosh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIZE FALCONS wrote:
Na dude i knew who we were targeting and I was ok with that trade because he was can't miss we gave up a third to get a can't miss guy did we come on man trust him if u want but the DUDE is human and he did make a mistake the vikings were targeting Rhodes he got SPOOKED say what u want i am a falcon fan but he sucked so far !! And so what he said he would'nt been there did he know I doubt it !
Trufant hasn't even played a down in the NFL yet. Relax. Maybe if he is a bust five years from now, you can bash TD for the move. But right now, he could be a future All Pro for all we know. And if that's a case, a third is nothing.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
RIZE FALCONS wrote:
Trufant hasn't even played a down in the NFL yet. Relax. Maybe if he is a bust five years from now, you can bash TD for the move. But right now, he could be a future All Pro for all we know. And if that's a case, a third is nothing.

Swoosh basically covered it.

The amount if freaking out going on is crazy. I'm just excited to get defensive upgrades in general.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: