Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers Select TE Vance McDonald at #55
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 26706
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: 49ers Select TE Vance McDonald at #55 Reply with quote

We got our replacement for Delanie Walker.

Also, we just swapped with the Packers and only lost a 6th rounder. Not bad not bad.........................................
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 26706
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvX3at6yAdw

Here are some of his highlights.

Edit: Oops, didn't see y2 made a thread before me.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
y2lamanaki


Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 03 Jan 2006
Posts: 9769
Location: Lancaster, PA
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see this as Delanie Walker 2.0, and I don't mean that in a way that sounds good.
_________________


Frank Gore 10,000 yard tracker:

Currently - 9,967
Ranked 29th all-time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Kikuchiyo


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 2118
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, I wanted Kelce more, but he was my second-rated TE in the draft. I'm pretty shocked how much I like these picks so far this year.
_________________

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gore Whore 21


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 4337
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He also acted as the Long Snapper his senior season. I hope this is the end of Brian Jennings. With all the talent we have on our roster we can't afford to keep a guy like Jennings who only does one thing.
_________________
saintsfan on the sig

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blast


Joined: 22 Jan 2008
Posts: 1420
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvX3at6yAdw

Here are some of his highlights.

Edit: Oops, didn't see y2 made a thread before me.



Was that literally all punt coverages?! LOL
_________________
Quote:
"I don't know who they think we are. We're on a mission."-Patrick BamBam Willis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13240
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:
He also acted as the Long Snapper his senior season. I hope this is the end of Brian Jennings. With all the talent we have on our roster we can't afford to keep a guy like Jennings who only does one thing.



BLASPHEMOUS!


Every team has a long snapper that does only that. You'd only need one botched snap before you'd wish to have Jennings back.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 26706
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sigmund Bloom ‏@SigmundBloom 10m
#49ers get their weaponized receiving TE in the slot - Vance McDonald. If his hands don't improve will be Tony Scheffler II.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
y2lamanaki


Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 03 Jan 2006
Posts: 9769
Location: Lancaster, PA
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Gore Whore 21 wrote:
He also acted as the Long Snapper his senior season. I hope this is the end of Brian Jennings. With all the talent we have on our roster we can't afford to keep a guy like Jennings who only does one thing.



BLASPHEMOUS!


Every team has a long snapper that does only that. You'd only need one botched snap before you'd wish to have Jennings back.


Agreed - I'm getting worried he's getting up there in age because that's something we haven't had to worry about in years.
_________________


Frank Gore 10,000 yard tracker:

Currently - 9,967
Ranked 29th all-time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
BangBang


Joined: 22 Apr 2013
Posts: 870
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw McDonald at the Senior Bowl and I thought he was by far the most athletic looking tight end there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Gridirongreat#9


Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Posts: 7921
Location: Ask your mom!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
I see this as Delanie Walker 2.0, and I don't mean that in a way that sounds good.


I cant say I know a lot about the guy, but this doesnt sound good. Especially since we traded up and considering who will be throwing to him.

Quote:
WEAKNESSES Lacks strength on first contact. Majority of blocking took place in space, no inline, which could show in NFL. At least one drop or bobble per game, occurred even more often at the Senior Bowl. Most occur when he has to adjust or move off his stationary spot. Other times when the ball gets there quickly, unexpected targets. Would like to see him high point more frequently.


http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/vance-mcdonald?id=2540215
_________________

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
I wish the friends of some girls I've talked to at bars/clubs were this bad at blocking.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adamq


Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 7821
Location: Missouri
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gridirongreat#9 wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
I see this as Delanie Walker 2.0, and I don't mean that in a way that sounds good.


I cant say I know a lot about the guy, but this doesnt sound good. Especially since we traded up and considering who will be throwing to him.

Quote:
WEAKNESSES Lacks strength on first contact. Majority of blocking took place in space, no inline, which could show in NFL. At least one drop or bobble per game, occurred even more often at the Senior Bowl. Most occur when he has to adjust or move off his stationary spot. Other times when the ball gets there quickly, unexpected targets. Would like to see him high point more frequently.


http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/vance-mcdonald?id=2540215

uh oh
_________________

-kiltman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
o_0


Joined: 23 Apr 2008
Posts: 4918
Location: UCSB
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My least favorite pick in the draft. Didn't want another TE that struggles catching the ball, I wanted a natural pass catcher next to VD. Evil or Very Mad
_________________

✰★✰ In Harbaugh We Trust ✰★✰
BP wrote:
One late season surge and postseason run doesn't make Kaep a better QB than Carson Palmer
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
y2lamanaki


Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 03 Jan 2006
Posts: 9769
Location: Lancaster, PA
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o_0 wrote:
My least favorite pick in the draft. Didn't want another TE that struggles catching the ball, I wanted a natural pass catcher next to VD. Evil or Very Mad


Same here. It's not a pick I am going to lose sleep over because I love Carradine in the 2nd (plus the extra 3rd) and like Eric Reid, so I think we're having a really solid draft. I would rather we went elsewhere, but it is what it is. Hopefully he can work on his hands, because some of his athletic abilities are enticing.
_________________


Frank Gore 10,000 yard tracker:

Currently - 9,967
Ranked 29th all-time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
49ers Finest


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 8837
Location: San Jose
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
o_0 wrote:
My least favorite pick in the draft. Didn't want another TE that struggles catching the ball, I wanted a natural pass catcher next to VD. Evil or Very Mad


Same here. It's not a pick I am going to lose sleep over because I love Carradine in the 2nd (plus the extra 3rd) and like Eric Reid, so I think we're having a really solid draft. I would rather we went elsewhere, but it is what it is. Hopefully he can work on his hands, because some of his athletic abilities are enticing.

im with you guys
we could have stayed home and grabbed kelce. my day would be beautiful
_________________
***WE RUN THE WEST!***
SB AT HOME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

new sig... sorry alex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group