Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With Pick 54 Miami Dolphins select Jamar Taylor, CB
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Niedermaier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: With Pick 54 Miami Dolphins select Jamar Taylor, CB Reply with quote

Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise State

Scouts Inc. pros: Shows the ability to hold up in both zone and man coverage at the next level. Possesses a compact build that provides him very good balance in coverage. Feet are constantly underneath his frame and changes direction seamlessly. Extremely aggressive playing the ball and flashes the leaping ability and strength to hold up in one-on-one downfield and red zone situations.

Name: Jamar Taylor
College: Boise State Number: 5
Height: 5-11 Weight: 192
Position: CB Pos2: FS
Class/Draft Year: rSr/2013
40 Low: 4.28 40 Time: 4.37 40 High: 4.47
Projected Round: 1-2 Stock: High: Mid-Late 1st Low: Early-Mid 2nd
Rated number 5 out of 218 CB's

Combine Results
Combine Invite: Yes
Height: 5105
Weight: 192
40 Yrd Dash: 4.37
20 Yrd Dash: 2.49
10 Yrd Dash: 1.53 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 22
Vertical Jump: 35
Broad Jump: 10'07"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.06
3-Cone Drill: 6.82

OVERVIEW
Boise Stateís offense most often grabbed headlines over the past decade, and rightfully so with Kellen Moore and others putting up big numbers during the programís rise to prominence. But the Broncos had four defenders drafted in 2012, including defensive end Shea McClellin, who went to the Bears in the first-round. Five BSU defensive backs have been drafted in the last seven years, as well; and Taylor looks to have the physicality and athleticism to be the next one hearing his name called in Radio City Music Hall.

Taylor starred at famed Helix High School in San Diego before heading to Idaho. He played in all 13 games as a reserve his true freshman season (24, two for loss, interception) before redshirting in 2009 due to the teamís depth at the position. Taylor earned a starting job in 2010 (35 tackles, 3.5 tackles for loss, two sacks, two pass breakups, three forced fumbles) and also started the first nine games of 2011 before a stress fracture in his leg forced him to sit four full games plus most of another. He returned at less than 100 percent for the Broncosí Las Vegas Bowl win over Arizona State, returning an interception 100 yards for a touchdown (he finished the year with 27 tackles, two for loss, two INT, six pass breakups). As a senior, Taylor started every game while registering 51 total tackles, 3.5 went for loss including 2.5 sacks. He added nine pass breakups, four interceptions, and three forced fumbles. His senior season earned him first-team All-Mountain West honors.

ANALYSIS:

STRENGTHS Not afraid to get physical with receivers, often redirects their routes with strong hands. Very good straight-line speed. Works well in press-bail coverage. Fluid hips, smooth in turns and out of the back pedal. Shows the athletic ability to make plays on the football in contested situations. Will stick his nose in the run game when he is able to set the edge.

WEAKNESSES: Recovery speed is questionable. Poor technique in press coverage. Gives up too much ground on outside breaking routes. Can be fooled by play action, jumps up to allow free receivers behind him. Must bring in more difficult interceptions where he needs to uses his hands away from his frame. Inconsistent tackler in space, can break down to wrap legs but also gives weak cut efforts.

NFL COMPARISON: Drayton Florence

BOTTOM LINE: Taylor is a physical and athletic cornerback looking to be the sixth Boise State defensive back to be drafted by NFL teams over the last eight years. He missed most of the second half of 2011 with a stress fracture in his leg, but returned with a vengeance during his senior year by excelling in man coverage on downfield routes. Since he remained helathy during his senior year, Taylor is poised for a second day or mid round selection, but he would be wise to improve his play against the run when in space.

NFL Network rates him an 85. He is his combine video:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/jamar-taylor?id=2539932

Ultimate Jamar Taylor Highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMHLTcEs3bI

Highlights Pt 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh39T7YQ3VY[/b]

Boise State's Jamar Taylor After 100 Yard Interception Touchdown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AOTj2NTkgQs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3xBX_b3eCgc

Jamar Taylor Burns The Sun Devils:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4_UGEHQwnzQ

Nick Sherry sacked by Jamar Taylor Boise State vs UNLV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sU_XbozW3tQ

Larry Little #66

Last edited by Niedermaier on Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:25 pm; edited 5 times in total
Fins20??SBChamp

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent pick. This guy is a baller!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn you Jeff Ireland... your making it impossible for me to complain about you.

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 6, Tackles 7 Assists 2 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1

Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 7 : Death 24 Joe 21
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taylor!!! Super excited! Guy is fast, quick, and has a great tendency to stick to his man.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
Damn you Jeff Ireland... your making it impossible for me to complain about you.

He's really doing well this off season.

^^^packerbacker87, mad props yo.
"
This is America, the land of individualism, civil
disobedience and footballs that dont roll like the rest of the world wants them to"
DavisIsland

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horrible pick. Why would you draft one of the most NFL ready corners in the draft? Not only is he one of the quickest CBs in the draft, but hes also one of the fastest. He should fit in well in Coyle's Zone D and form a very good combo with Grimes. He might even take over the #1 CB spot if Grimes doesn't stick around.

We took a first round CB in the second. Who does this? Horrible. One of the worst moves I've ever seen.

#Fireland

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really like Jamar Taylor. I think he is an area of need, value at #52, and a good fit for scheme. I am shocked we are investing so heavily in the defense this offseason when the offense seemed to need quite a bit more attention. Not that both could be addressed, but we have spent, essentially, our first 3 draft slots on defensive players. None on o-line, and none at TE or WR, where we probably could still use some help. Not a complaint at all about Taylor though. He was a guy I was certainly wanting to leave the draft with before it started. Now, lets go get Fat Albert.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked JAmar Taylor and had mocked him several times, but usually at pick 42....pick 54 is excellent value and fills a need. IT allows the team to cut Patterson and save about 4 million. Very good move.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

happy, talented guy who stood out when i watched bsu
Belfast Trojans #32 Shamrock Bowl winner '12, '13 and '14
EFAF Atlantic Cup Winner 2013
cddolphin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
i really like Jamar Taylor. I think he is an area of need, value at #52, and a good fit for scheme. I am shocked we are investing so heavily in the defense this offseason when the offense seemed to need quite a bit more attention. Not that both could be addressed, but we have spent, essentially, our first 3 draft slots on defensive players. None on o-line, and none at TE or WR, where we probably could still use some help. Not a complaint at all about Taylor though. He was a guy I was certainly wanting to leave the draft with before it started. Now, lets go get Fat Albert.

I have full confidence that Coyle can find two solid starters from Patterson - Grimes - Taylor - Marshall. The CBs will also benefit from the improved pass rush (Wheeler, Ellerbe, Jordan all upgrades in terms of getting after the QB).

As far as I'm concerned, add a little bit of depth at LB in the later rounds and draft OTs and Gs until someone sticks.

All the sexy WRs and TEs this team bought during the offseason will be pointless if Tannehill doesn't have a clean pocket.

Give me Eric Winston for half the money of Albert and let Martin sink / swim at LT.
Warpticon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love this pick. Taylor was my #4 CB behind Rhodes, Hayden, and Milliner, so I'm very happy he was still there.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets go get Schwenke
Emerica

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The night is just getting started....Bring on the 3rd and Barrett Jones....perfect Philbin guys....plays all the positions.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love Barrett Jones next or Philip Thomas.

Loving the draft so far.

^^^Kempes^^^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: