Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With the 49th pick, The New York Football Giants select...
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Kodaraw


Joined: 12 Feb 2013
Posts: 674
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: With the 49th pick, The New York Football Giants select... Reply with quote

Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State.
Solid pick IMO
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gmen4ev


Joined: 07 Sep 2009
Posts: 22420
Location: In west Philadelphia born and raised
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid pick it is ... Really wanted Brown there.

But I like this pick much more than our first.
_________________


We the North
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
percellovegiant


Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 768
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What!!!!!??? No LB or DB
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Save The Hero


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 7605
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huge body, can rotate with Linval. Uses hands well, got good athletic ability and most importantly eats up blocks. Rebuilding the trenches. I like it!

Also remember Linval is a free agent next year. He may want too much money.
_________________

^Stone85 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Biggsam49


Joined: 05 Jul 2012
Posts: 875
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh. Wanted Moore. Not my draft.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kodaraw


Joined: 12 Feb 2013
Posts: 674
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He will be a stud playing with Linval. Not to mention Jenkins and Patterson are short term players.

Brown is still on the board as of pick 54.
Collins was taken by the Pats at 52. I really wanted him.
Sio Moore is still available... I don't want D. Moore though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
w4rrior723


Joined: 27 Dec 2006
Posts: 5187
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Marvin Austin might not even make it to his third year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xfaxtor


Joined: 14 Jan 2008
Posts: 13844
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
He will be a stud playing with Linval. Not to mention Jenkins and Patterson are short term players.

Brown is still on the board as of pick 54.
Collins was taken by the Pats at 52. I really wanted him.
Sio Moore is still available... I don't want D. Moore though.


If hes playing WITH Linval then QBs are going to be stepping up in the pocket ll a game long cause we wont have any inside pressure..

Good news is we will likely be a lot better against the run
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Save The Hero


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 7605
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w4rrior723 wrote:
Wow, Marvin Austin might not even make it to his third year.


I don't think this has as much weight on Marvin as it does our lack of ability to stop run last year. They play different positions and in different sets.
_________________

^Stone85 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xfaxtor


Joined: 14 Jan 2008
Posts: 13844
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w4rrior723 wrote:
Wow, Marvin Austin might not even make it to his third year.


Why not? He wont be competing with Hankins for playing time..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gmen


Joined: 20 Jul 2007
Posts: 15833
Location: Myyyyy precioussss
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. He's a guy that could help stuff the run. Not surprising after cutting Canty and the failure of Marvin Austin. Defensive tackles are looking pretty now actually..

Linval Joseph
Cullen Jenkins
Jonathon Hankins
Markus Kuhn
_________________


"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
w4rrior723


Joined: 27 Dec 2006
Posts: 5187
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xfaxtor wrote:
w4rrior723 wrote:
Wow, Marvin Austin might not even make it to his third year.


Why not? He wont be competing with Hankins for playing time..


Because we have Joseph and Kuhn who has shown more than Austin and we just brought in 3 more DT's in the off-season. How many are we going to have on the roster?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Save The Hero


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 7605
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
I like it. He's a guy that could help stuff the run. Not surprising after cutting Canty and the failure of Marvin Austin. Defensive tackles are looking pretty now actually..

Linval Joseph
Cullen Jenkins
Jonathon Hankins
Markus Kuhn


I'd replace Kuhn with Austin. I still think he's got a chance to be very good.
_________________

^Stone85 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gmen


Joined: 20 Jul 2007
Posts: 15833
Location: Myyyyy precioussss
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save The Hero wrote:
Gmen wrote:
I like it. He's a guy that could help stuff the run. Not surprising after cutting Canty and the failure of Marvin Austin. Defensive tackles are looking pretty now actually..

Linval Joseph
Cullen Jenkins
Jonathon Hankins
Markus Kuhn


I'd replace Kuhn with Austin. I still think he's got a chance to be very good.

Kuhn, despite being raw, actually started a game for us last year. He might be older, and wasn't drafted as high, but at least he works his butt off. Austin looks like he just doesn't give a damn. Maybe this will light a fire under him, and if it does, he could be a good player. But I doubt it. Time to cut loose. We don't need to hang onto busts as long as we did with Sintim, Moss, Barden, Beckum, Joseph, etc.
_________________


"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xfaxtor


Joined: 14 Jan 2008
Posts: 13844
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w4rrior723 wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:
w4rrior723 wrote:
Wow, Marvin Austin might not even make it to his third year.


Why not? He wont be competing with Hankins for playing time..


Because we have Joseph and Kuhn who has shown more than Austin and we just brought in 3 more DT's in the off-season. How many are we going to have on the roster?


And none of them rush the passer...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group