Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bengals re-sign RT Andre Smith
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
Mike Brown 1 v Andre Smith 0.

No 9M for you fatboy....

Haha, that's exactly what I came in to post just now.

Andre wants: 6 years, $54 million
Andre gets: 3 years, $18 million

It's also good it's a 3-year deal because otherwise he probably went back to his lazy ways, now in his mind he's thinking about the next big contract so he should still try hard... at least for the final year, but hopefully all three Laughing

The timing here is interesting for me.

Does anyone know if the deal was agreed to before the first pick, or before day 2?

Does anyone else think Mike Brown said to Smiths agent that they were going to take a RT in R2 if he didn't sign ?

I'd love to know.....
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:

No 9M for you fatboy....

It's also good it's a 3-year deal because otherwise he probably went back to his lazy ways, now in his mind he's thinking about the next big contract so he should still try hard... at least for the final year, but hopefully all three Laughing

Does anyone know if the deal was agreed to before the first pick, or before day 2?

Does anyone else think Mike Brown said to Smiths agent that they were going to take a RT in R2 if he didn't sign ?

I'd love to know.....

Yes i do think that, which is also why Shaun Phillips signed with the Broncos in the middle of the draft, the agents of those players knew that the teams most interested in them are the Bengals/Broncos and if they don't sign with them at that point they will probably miss out on a lot of money.

Phillips signed a 1-year, $3M deal and Smith signed a 3-year, $18M deal, each wanted more.
Tom Brady Tribute
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smith signed early in the day on Friday. You have to Wonder if we take Menelik Watson at 37 if it didn't get done. If Smith (or his agent) had a brain in their head, they would have pressed for a one year deal, even if it was only for $3-4 million and test the FA market again next year.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
sparky151

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supposedly when Andre went to the team offices to sign his deal, Mike Brown gave him the tour of the war room with Menelik Watson at the top of the team's board. If that wasn't a gag, then I guess we would have drafted Watson instead of Bernard at 37.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:

No 9M for you fatboy....

I'd love to know.....

Yes i do think that, which is also why Shaun Phillips signed with the Broncos in the middle of the draft, the agents of those players knew that the teams most interested in them are the Bengals/Broncos and if they don't sign with them at that point they will probably miss out on a lot of money.

Phillips signed a 1-year, $3M deal and Smith signed a 3-year, $18M deal, each wanted more.

I'd love to listen to a tape of the phone call from Dogba to Smith !

" y'all know that $9M a year I said we could get Andre, well.......... " (fill in the blanks yourself).
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They said Watson was atop their board over Bernard before they gotnAndre done. I'm so damn happy we got this done and got Bernard

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
They said Watson was atop their board over Bernard before they gotnAndre done. I'm so damn happy we got this done and got Bernard

Another interesting thing about the Bernard pick, is the news that the Steelers evidently avoided Eddie Lacy because they were worried about a toe injury.

Maybe our FO knew about this too.......
wrminning

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

Another interesting thing about the Bernard pick, is the news that the Steelers evidently avoided Eddie Lacy because they were worried about a toe injury.

yep, Lacy had his toe fused which means that his foot injury was much more serious then previously reported. I think every FO in the NFL had the Med reports but the Media didn't, so we didn't know. So I'm glad we didn't pick him, not that I was Lacy fan anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrminning wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

yep, Lacy had his toe fused which means that his foot injury was much more serious then previously reported. I think every FO in the NFL had the Med reports but the Media didn't, so we didn't know. So I'm glad we didn't pick him, not that I was Lacy fan anyway.

Agreed. I know Gio and Franklin are similar but I would have loved getting Franklin as he fell. But I am extremely happy we didn't get Lacy, I don't see him succeeding

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
wrminning wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

Agreed. I know Gio and Franklin are similar but I would have loved getting Franklin as he fell. But I am extremely happy we didn't get Lacy, I don't see him succeeding

I liked what I saw of Lacy and wanted him, but am not upset we took Gio now. The Packers must have has a different medical report to what the Steelers had.

Hope Gio tears it up for us.......
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think we are an optimal situation for Gio. Between kick/punt returns, rushes, and catches I expect he'll touch the ball 15-20 times a game, and we'll still get BJGE 15-20 carries as well, maybe 25 if we have a lead and he is running well. A true tandem situation.

3-5 returns
7-10 carries
3-5 catches

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
expect he'll touch the ball 15-20 times a game

Just hope Bernard stays healthy; the last 2nd round back we took was Kenny Irons......... don't think he made it through the pre-season did he ?
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
expect he'll touch the ball 15-20 times a game

Just hope Bernard stays healthy; the last 2nd round back we took was Kenny Irons......... don't think he made it through the pre-season did he ?

shhhhhhhhhhh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, knock on wood. He didn't make it through his first preseason game.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Seriously, knock on wood. He didn't make it through his first preseason game.

On the concrete carprt up in Detroit IIRC......

Don't look now, we play in Detroit October 20

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: