Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With the 34th pick, the Titans select Justin Hunter, WR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang. Hunter and Britt on the ends with Wright in the slot is going to be dumbbbbb.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Dionysus

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope this is the Justin Hunter that we'll see on the field. I'm guessing this was him before the knee injury.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFykvxt0Cg8
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
I just hope this is the Justin Hunter that we'll see on the field. I'm guessing this was him before the knee injury.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFykvxt0Cg8

It's a mix of all 3 of his seasons(well, if you can call his sophomore year a season, just played Montana, Cinci and like 2-3 plays vs Florida). He didn't lose any of his athletic ability after his injury. Just him trying to over compensate and I think playing a little scared caused him to drop some passes.
TheDeeeeej

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I think about it, the more I think Hunter is the perfect compliment to Britt.

and the more I think about it, the more I think the Wright pick was a waste.

[Adopt a Titan] [Derrick Morgan] [Robert Johnson]
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great read on Justin Hunter's role with us.

http://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2013/5/7/4305426/justin-hunter-fixing-a-hole

Quote:
Justin Hunter may turn out to be a one trick pony. In many ways, Randy Moss had the same "problem". It turns out, though, that this one trick is arguably the most dangerous and valuable of them all at the receiver position. Even if Hunter is only targeted a handful of times a game, the vertical skill set commands respect from defensive coordinators. They can bring 6 man pressure, but that leaves either Britt or Hunter in single coverage on the edges. Each of them more than capable of dominating undersized corners on the way to the endzone. The possibility of getting vertical on each side of the field will force more two high looks, which results in better numbers in the box and a (theoretically) more productive running game.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:

Quote:
Justin Hunter may turn out to be a one trick pony. In many ways, Randy Moss had the same "problem". It turns out, though, that this one trick is arguably the most dangerous and valuable of them all at the receiver position. Even if Hunter is only targeted a handful of times a game, the vertical skill set commands respect from defensive coordinators. They can bring 6 man pressure, but that leaves either Britt or Hunter in single coverage on the edges. Each of them more than capable of dominating undersized corners on the way to the endzone. The possibility of getting vertical on each side of the field will force more two high looks, which results in better numbers in the box and a (theoretically) more productive running game.

Hunter isn't a one trick pony like most 6'4 speedy receivers. He's actually a very good route runner who has no problem with going over the middle for the tough catches, It's actually how he tore his ACL/MCL. One of his first catches of the year, despite his fear of getting hurt again, was a catch over the middle in traffic vs NC State, If I remember correctly.

Hunter is closer to the more complete, Calvin Johnson type of receiver than the one trick(even if, like that article said, that trick is incredible) pony that Moss was his entire career.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDeeeeej wrote:
The more I think about it, the more I think Hunter is the perfect compliment to Britt.

Kendall Wright? A wasted pick? Our sweet little KW? Dude really? Shocked
Perhaps you're thinking a little too much. Step outside and catch some fresh air. Smell the roses, listen to the birds sing, experience nature. Your thoughts betray you young padawan. Clear your mind, you must.

ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDeeeeej wrote:

I didn't like the pick but that makes absolute no sense. Wright can play any WR spot and will thrive in the slot. He had a good rookie season and was our best WR last year. In today's NFL, you need more than 2 good WR's. Britt, Hunter, and Wright should work great together.
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:

Quote:

Hunter isn't a one trick pony like most 6'4 speedy receivers. He's actually a very good route runner who has no problem with going over the middle for the tough catches, It's actually how he tore his ACL/MCL. One of his first catches of the year, despite his fear of getting hurt again, was a catch over the middle in traffic vs NC State, If I remember correctly.

Hunter is closer to the more complete, Calvin Johnson type of receiver than the one trick(even if, like that article said, that trick is incredible) pony that Moss was his entire career.

Didn't he tear his knee up on a comeback route against FL?

CalhounLambeau on the sig!

Adopt-A-Titan:
1.Nate "The Great" Washington
lamont

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY-FTW wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:

Quote:

Yep. IIRC it was on the Vols sideline.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY-FTW wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:

Quote:

You sir are correct.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could argue that Wright was a waste in the sense that we could have invested in another position, but I love him as a player. He is scrappy and has a good playing attitude. He is a baller and he has that never give up attitude. No matter how much we were down last year, he was giving it his all and I respect that.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster
TheDeeeeej

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
TheDeeeeej wrote:

I didn't like the pick but that makes absolute no sense. Wright can play any WR spot and will thrive in the slot. He had a good rookie season and was our best WR last year. In today's NFL, you need more than 2 good WR's. Britt, Hunter, and Wright should work great together.

I dont see how you think he was our best WR. I think he was our 3rd. (that includes a healthy Britt.)

His 9.8 yards per reception is very average. He was only one out 4 WRs in the league last year that averaged less than 10 yards a catch with at least 20 receptions.

I will say his stats are almost identical to Amendola although Amendola did it in 11ish games (was still hurt the last 3 games of the season he played)

Wright 64 rec 104 tar 626 yards 9.8 ypc 4 TDs 38 1st downs
Amendola 63 rec 101 tar 666 yards 10.6 ypc 3 TDs 38 1st downs

[Adopt a Titan] [Derrick Morgan] [Robert Johnson]
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDeeeeej wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
TheDeeeeej wrote:

I dont see how you think he was our best WR. I think he was our 3rd. (that includes a healthy Britt.)

His 9.8 yards per reception is very average. He was only one out 4 WRs in the league last year that averaged less than 10 yards a catch with at least 20 receptions.

I will say his stats are almost identical to Amendola although Amendola did it in 11ish games (was still hurt the last 3 games of the season he played)

Wright 64 rec 104 tar 626 yards 9.8 ypc 4 TDs 38 1st downs
Amendola 63 rec 101 tar 666 yards 10.6 ypc 3 TDs 38 1st downs

His YPA is so low because of how he was used on third downs. He led the NFL in third down conversions, if I remember correctly. Did at some point in the middle of the year, anyway. We never really hit him on deep passes or anything like that. He was always the guy we went to for the 6 or 7 yards we needed on 3rd.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
VY-FTW wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:

Quote:

You sir are correct.

I haven't seen the injury since the day it happened, but if I remember right, Hunter was in the slot, running a comeback, jumped to catch the ball, then hurt himself when landing.

My point is overall he's not just a guy you send down the sideline.

THis game is a good example of what he's willing to do and how good he is at it. And this is his first game back from the injury:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7Qs7shr5Uw

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: