Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Alex Smith

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Alex Smith Reply with quote

Hey guys, I was wondering if you could help me out. I am trying to find out if there were ever any reports that the Cardinals were hot on Alex Smith when he was made available? Did they get in a bidding war with the Chiefs? Some people seem to think it was the Cardinals that were involved but I don't remember hearing about them jumping into the mix. Were there ever any reports they offered their second round pick (#3Cool and/or more pick (maybe a 2014 pick)? Personally I think the Chiefs were basically bidding against themselves but am trying to get reports on whether they ever made a serious push and forced the Chiefs to cough up their second round pick.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were reports that we were interested but we were exploring all the options this off season. I'm glad we went a different direction though (Palmer). Smith doesn't really fit out offense at all.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
There were reports that we were interested but we were exploring all the options this off season. I'm glad we went a different direction though (Palmer). Smith doesn't really fit out offense at all.

Yeah, I am sure that Arizona kicked the tires. I am wondering if they made a hard offer that forced the Chiefs to sweeten their offer.

There is a Cardinal poster in here that knows someone in the Arizona front office, right? Is there anyway he could ask his contact if they "hypothetically" speaking IF the Cardinals would have made an offer, they would have "quite" possibly "strongly" considered offering their second round pick? LOL

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:

Yeah, I am sure that Arizona kicked the tires. I am wondering if they made a hard offer that forced the Chiefs to sweeten their offer.

There is a Cardinal poster in here that knows someone in the Arizona front office, right? Is there anyway he could ask his contact if they "hypothetically" speaking IF the Cardinals would have made an offer, they would have "quite" possibly "strongly" considered offering their second round pick? LOL

He's no longer posting but no I don't think we made a hard offer. I really doubt we would have offered a 2nd round pick. Arians is VERY committed to the vertical passing game and a blind person could see Smith just doesn't fit that system. Sorry to say but I do think the Chiefs kind of bid against themselves a bit. I do think Alex Smith is a good fit in Reid's offense though so I don't think you guys got robbed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: