Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Thread (Day 3, Rounds 4-7), April 27, 12:00pm EST
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Bigjoe0075


Joined: 18 Nov 2009
Posts: 2147
Location: Eastern Washinton
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie Romania wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:
No Matt Scott or Luke Marquart?


Marquardt went to Frisco. Can't remember where Scott went. Jax?


Makes me sick that our rivals nailed my favorite UDFA. Marquardt.

We should have drafted Zac Dysert or Scott in the 7th rather then the OL projects that probably wont make the roster. I don't know how successful either guy will be. Reid Fragel was the guy that most of us were hoping for.

I think Jesse Williams is my favorite prospect by far. and getting him with a 5th is insane value. I also like the SLB Ty Powell I think he becomes the best player from our draft.

With the RBs we drafted I think our game plans go to 60% run. Christine Micheal is a stud athlete but really thought there was better players on the board. My expectations for him are to take over as the #2 RB and getting somewhere around 700 yards and 5 TDS. I think our new FB will be Ware. I don't see how he even makes this team any other way.

Seattle has had a reputation for mild and uninspiring drafts. meanwhile we have built a young hungry and very competent team. After watching Seattle be beat down by "EXPERTS" I have faith with their selections.

I think it was nice that Mayock said that the Seahawks were one of the best talent evaluators in the entire NFL. This weekend wasn't flashy but without a 1st rounder we really wouldn't be among the "winners"

I really like that we got Alvin Bailey with UDFA. But wanted Luke Marquardt to come back home and push Breno for a roster spot.

My overall grade for the Seahawks is a B- only because we didn't address the OL soon enough.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tooki


Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Posts: 10744
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(For a change) I have seen some support for a Seattle draft Laughing.

Somebody on NFL.com called Seattle one of his "winners".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dr.Seahawk


Joined: 12 Feb 2011
Posts: 127
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
(For a change) I have seen some support for a Seattle draft Laughing.

Somebody on NFL.com called Seattle one of his "winners".


Now that Seattle has proved so many of the "professionals" wrong with there "reaching" on picks, I think you will be hard pressed to find anyone questioning the Seahawks anymore.

I trust our FO now more then ever and am very excited for the season to start.

Im all in!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
silus


Joined: 09 Aug 2007
Posts: 1920
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the reputation Seahawks have of competition, and i'm certain UDFA are looking at Seattle as a real shot at proving themselves. I bet we get one starter out of the group.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheoryofSeahawk


Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Posts: 2011
Location: Kosmic Satori
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigjoe0075 wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:
No Matt Scott or Luke Marquart?


Marquardt went to Frisco. Can't remember where Scott went. Jax?


Makes me sick that our rivals nailed my favorite UDFA. Marquardt.

We should have drafted Zac Dysert or Scott in the 7th rather then the OL projects that probably wont make the roster. I don't know how successful either guy will be. Reid Fragel was the guy that most of us were hoping for.

I think Jesse Williams is my favorite prospect by far. and getting him with a 5th is insane value. I also like the SLB Ty Powell I think he becomes the best player from our draft.

With the RBs we drafted I think our game plans go to 60% run. Christine Micheal is a stud athlete but really thought there was better players on the board. My expectations for him are to take over as the #2 RB and getting somewhere around 700 yards and 5 TDS. I think our new FB will be Ware. I don't see how he even makes this team any other way.

Seattle has had a reputation for mild and uninspiring drafts. meanwhile we have built a young hungry and very competent team. After watching Seattle be beat down by "EXPERTS" I have faith with their selections.

I think it was nice that Mayock said that the Seahawks were one of the best talent evaluators in the entire NFL. This weekend wasn't flashy but without a 1st rounder we really wouldn't be among the "winners"

I really like that we got Alvin Bailey with UDFA. But wanted Luke Marquardt to come back home and push Breno for a roster spot.

My overall grade for the Seahawks is a B- only because we didn't address the OL soon enough.


I had some thoughts I was going to post, but you my Seahawk brethren, have given the grade I was going to give and for the same reason I was going to give it. May you rejoice and feast on the best food, wine, and flesh from all the lands. I bow unto you. Cool
_________________
Consistent application beats complex programming.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
SwiftTexan


Joined: 15 Feb 2011
Posts: 3928
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that not many fa's will choose to sign here because we have a talented roster and how many spots are actually open for udfas? Teams like Jacksonville and ny jets signed some marquee guys in fa but I don't blame them for going somewhere with the best chance to make a team. Now that the draft is over I still think we should sign an ot because we didn't see any value at that position fall to us. This is where free agency part deux starts and still veteran guys out there who can help our team.
_________________
The Ultimate Fantasy Football Challenge
FootballsFuture Fantasy Scrubs League
Discussion Thread Link
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 29442
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got Alvin Bailey in UDFA? DOOPEE. Love it. I thought he was a 3rd round talent, personally

He easily makes the roster IMO. I'm actually pulling for him to start at right guard
_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 29442
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
I understand that not many fa's will choose to sign here because we have a talented roster and how many spots are actually open for udfas? Teams like Jacksonville and ny jets signed some marquee guys in fa but I don't blame them for going somewhere with the best chance to make a team. Now that the draft is over I still think we should sign an ot because we didn't see any value at that position fall to us. This is where free agency part deux starts and still veteran guys out there who can help our team.


WIth the way we conducted the draft, I honestly think we may make a run at someone like Winston, we have the money to do it if we drop breno. What are the FA guards looking like?
_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 29442
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WRs Mark Harrison and Rodney Smith went undrafted. I really hope we make a run at one of them
_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Wee-Bey


Joined: 15 Apr 2013
Posts: 722
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
I understand that not many fa's will choose to sign here because we have a talented roster and how many spots are actually open for udfas? Teams like Jacksonville and ny jets signed some marquee guys in fa but I don't blame them for going somewhere with the best chance to make a team. Now that the draft is over I still think we should sign an ot because we didn't see any value at that position fall to us. This is where free agency part deux starts and still veteran guys out there who can help our team.


WIth the way we conducted the draft, I honestly think we may make a run at someone like Winston, we have the money to do it if we drop breno. What are the FA guards looking like?


Clabo is also available. Being that he's 31 he could be signed to a 1-2 year deal for relatively cheap, giving the FA time to fill the RT whole via the 2014 draft or the year after. Would give Seattle elite bookend tackles and one of the leagues better offensive lines.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 29442
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
WR, Matt Austin, Utah State
T, Alvin Bailey, Arkansas
DE, Kenneth Boatright, Southern Illinois
LB, Ramon Buchanan, Miami
LB, John Lotulelei, UNLV
SS, Ray Polk, Colorado
G, Jordon Roussos, Bowling Green
RB, Dominique Whaley, Oklahoma
LB, Craig Wilkins, Old Dominion


UDFA pick ups
_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Plush


Joined: 24 Sep 2012
Posts: 1446
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only really had time for day one. Any of you dudes know anything good about our late picks?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoS


Joined: 20 Apr 2013
Posts: 3759
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We picked up Alvin Bailey!!??!!?? That is huge, he could be really good competition for us, I would have been happy taking him in the 3rd over Hill!

Any word on Mark Harrison? I don't know why we wouldn't make a hard run at him.

Plush wrote:
I only really had time for day one. Any of you dudes know anything good about our late picks?


Which guys? Tharold Simon is the perfect Brandon Browner replacement in a year. Jesse Williams should help the run defense out a lot and be good rotation. Willson is likely going to be a developmental receiving TE that I would predict to be a roster casualty when we actually get down to it. Ware is likely to be converted to a FB which makes MRob expendable. Ty Powell is an interesting versatile athlete that should compete for pass rushing snaps as a LB, high potential there. Then we got some project linemen with our compensatory picks.
_________________
DudeWhat?? wrote:
If I am a starting QB and my back up is Kellen Clemens..i would only have one question...."Turn up for what?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 29442
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
We picked up Alvin Bailey!!??!!?? That is huge, he could be really good competition for us, I would have been happy taking him in the 3rd over Hill!

Any word on Mark Harrison? I don't know why we wouldn't make a hard run at him.




imani wrote:
We got Alvin Bailey in UDFA? DOOPEE. Love it. I thought he was a 3rd round talent, personally

He easily makes the roster IMO. I'm actually pulling for him to start at right guard




_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
chpjns15


Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 1701
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
We picked up Alvin Bailey!!??!!?? That is huge, he could be really good competition for us, I would have been happy taking him in the 3rd over Hill!

Any word on Mark Harrison? I don't know why we wouldn't make a hard run at him.

Plush wrote:
I only really had time for day one. Any of you dudes know anything good about our late picks?


Which guys? Tharold Simon is the perfect Brandon Browner replacement in a year. Jesse Williams should help the run defense out a lot and be good rotation. Willson is likely going to be a developmental receiving TE that I would predict to be a roster casualty when we actually get down to it. Ware is likely to be converted to a FB which makes MRob expendable. Ty Powell is an interesting versatile athlete that should compete for pass rushing snaps as a LB, high potential there. Then we got some project linemen with our compensatory picks.


Are you disregarding Maxwell and Lane? They both looked great in their play time. I would think they would be the replacements.

But yes, solid draft. The only pick I don't really like is Hill. I have got a really good feeling about Christine Michael, Ty Powell, and Luke Willson.
_________________
"Trying is the first step towards failure"


"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."


"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group