Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Aaron Rodgers Extension

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Aaron Rodgers Extension Reply with quote

Aaron Rodgers given extension that makes him largest paid QB in NFL history. Terms are not yet known.

Simply put, how does this affect the Ryan exension? I think he will get more.

Daboyle250 on the sig

Foster a Falcon: Thomas DeCoud

FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
matt2roddy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Aaron Rodgers Extension Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
Aaron Rodgers given extension that makes him largest paid QB in NFL history. Terms are not yet known.

Not gonna lie, I couldn't like Matt as much if he took that much money from us.

My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
adam9

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Aaron Rodgers Extension Reply with quote

matt2roddy wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:

Not gonna lie, I couldn't like Matt as much if he took that much money from us.

I don't see him getting that much. Hopefully he doesn't

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Aaron Rodgers new contract: 5 years, $110M. That's $22M per. $40M in the first year (wow). Over $62M in the first three years.

There's the numbers. I bet Ryan gets 6/120. So not quite as much as Rodgers, but for another year.

Daboyle250 on the sig

FakingInjuries wrote:

SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Aaron Rodgers Extension Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I love Matt, but I sure hope he doesn't get that much. He doesn't strike me as a "greedy" person, but more of a team-friendly mentality. We shall see though.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Aaron Rodgers Extension Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I love Matt, but I sure hope he doesn't get that much. He doesn't strike me as a "greedy" person, but more of a team-friendly mentality. We shall see though.

Rodgers didn't seem like the selfish type to me either. But I don't think Matt deserves this kind of money. Nor do I think he would back the organization into a wall for it. He will take what the Falcons think he deserves.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
Quote:
Aaron Rodgers new contract: 5 years, $110M. That's $22M per. $40M in the first year (wow). Over $62M in the first three years.

There's the numbers. I bet Ryan gets 6/120. So not quite as much as Rodgers, but for another year.

6 for 121 sounds right (slightly more than Flacco), with 62m in the 1st 3 years and 40m in year 1 (same as AR and Brees).

While I would love to think he would take less, I can't imagine CAA/Condon will let him take less than a "record" contract (record total even if the per-year is less than Rodgers). They have their own reputation to protect and also have Matt Stafford as a client, whose deal will also be benchmarked by Ryan's.
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrawABlank wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
Quote:

6 for 121 sounds right (slightly more than Flacco), with 62m in the 1st 3 years and 40m in year 1 (same as AR and Brees).

While I would love to think he would take less, I can't imagine CAA/Condon will let him take less than a "record" contract (record total even if the per-year is less than Rodgers). They have their own reputation to protect and also have Matt Stafford as a client, whose deal will also be benchmarked by Ryan's.

Yeah, I totally agree. It is his job; he's not going to take less money if he can have way more. The only player who does this is Brady and the only reason he does it is because he has several national endorsement deals. Guys like Ryan and Flacco don't have that luxury.

Daboyle250 on the sig

FakingInjuries wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: