Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Try not to get too excited, there is nothing flashy here
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
I just think it's easier to plug a hole at OG than it is at DE, and especially for this defensive scheme.

Confused
I really don't want to get into this...

Suffice to say this is contrary to a ton of posts you have made in the past.

What? No it isn't. I have said many times that it isn't hard to find a pass-rushing DE to have success in this scheme, and that's exactly my stance with Ansah: despite how raw he is, I still think he'll step in and be a productive player.

In the past, I never compared DE to OG. Truth be told, I think OG may be one of the easiest positions to fill on our roster.

Both viewpoints are perfectly reasonable: OG is easier to fill than DE, and finding a productive pass-rusher in this scheme isn't difficult.

Yes, I know.

As long as it is your viewpoint it is perfectly reasonable.

Thank you for the.......errrrr........clarification.....
Nopussycat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ansah is the first DE drafted in the first round by the Lions since Robert Porcher in 1992. As another poster mentioned, Slay is the highest we've drafted a corner since 1998. The fact that he was invited to New York indicates to me that teams felt he was a late first/early second round pick. If his knee was a major issue, I don't believe the Lions would have drafted him this high. I have heard that this draft is pretty "deep" at O-Line and it seems that the Lions are drafting that way. The Lions are swinging for the fences. I equate it to Cecil Fielder's swing. It was almost as entertaining watching him strike out as it was watching him hit a home run.

Sig by Spartan4Life

The Lions can't suck forever,right?
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nopussycat wrote:
Ansah is the first DE drafted in the first round by the Lions since Robert Porcher in 1992. As another poster mentioned, Slay is the highest we've drafted a corner since 1998. The fact that he was invited to New York indicates to me that teams felt he was a late first/early second round pick. If his knee was a major issue, I don't believe the Lions would have drafted him this high. I have heard that this draft is pretty "deep" at O-Line and it seems that the Lions are drafting that way. The Lions are swinging for the fences. I equate it to Cecil Fielder's swing. It was almost as entertaining watching him strike out as it was watching him hit a home run.

Great read.

Team Stylish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: