Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Draft Day Thread- Day 2 - Rounds 2 and 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Pick at #42
Damontre Moore
21%
 21%  [ 7 ]
Tank Carradine
37%
 37%  [ 12 ]
Johnathan Hankins
15%
 15%  [ 5 ]
DJ Swearinger
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Larry Warford
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Zach Ertz
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 32

Author Message
jacktatum32


Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Posts: 53
Location: Bay Area
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatatoothy wrote:
I love this site, as an admitted lurker and 30 year Raider's fan, I really enjoy the discussion and the insight (although the Pryor debate has gotten a bit tedious). I couldn't resist giving my two cents regarding the draft:I have seen over 20 drafts on tv (much of this has been without the benefit of social Internet media, that being said, I am really enjoying this draft for the Raider's. I haven't seen any draft for us where I have been 100% percent behind the players picked. However, giving the last 10 years or so with picks that have been from colleges that I have never seen a game from or even a highlight, and/or absolute multi round minus reaches, none of the picks have been of this caliber, that in itself is refreshing.

As for what I deem to be a negative, although absolutely loyal and appreciated contingency of silver and black fans, I know it's frustrating to not get the players u want. I just don't understand how you know that these players are "cant miss or better than the players selected", do you watch every game (if u do, god bless, u have more time than me), are u going by what the mockery deem as the appropriate spot for the pick, are u watching highlights on YouTube?(if u watch my highlights I'm the best worker/husband ever). I just don't understand the anger for the unknown, again I understand the frustration, a lot of you don't remember the glory days ( I do and they were glorious) you only remember the era I previously mentioned, but take heart, I firmly believe we have turned a corner, for what is worth, from a dedicated lurker.


Good post. This will be my 40th year as a Raider fan and I remember fondly the glory days, and I really believe in RM and the direction this team is heading.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DarthDavis


Joined: 06 Mar 2006
Posts: 5213
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatatoothy wrote:
I love this site, as an admitted lurker and 30 year Raider's fan, I really enjoy the discussion and the insight (although the Pryor debate has gotten a bit tedious). I couldn't resist giving my two cents regarding the draft:I have seen over 20 drafts on tv (much of this has been without the benefit of social Internet media, that being said, I am really enjoying this draft for the Raider's. I haven't seen any draft for us where I have been 100% percent behind the players picked. However, giving the last 10 years or so with picks that have been from colleges that I have never seen a game from or even a highlight, and/or absolute multi round minus reaches, none of the picks have been of this caliber, that in itself is refreshing.

As for what I deem to be a negative, although absolutely loyal and appreciated contingency of silver and black fans, I know it's frustrating to not get the players u want. I just don't understand how you know that these players are "cant miss or better than the players selected", do you watch every game (if u do, god bless, u have more time than me), are u going by what the mockery deem as the appropriate spot for the pick, are u watching highlights on YouTube?(if u watch my highlights I'm the best worker/husband ever). I just don't understand the anger for the unknown, again I understand the frustration, a lot of you don't remember the glory days ( I do and they were glorious) you only remember the era I previously mentioned, but take heart, I firmly believe we have turned a corner, for what is worth, from a dedicated lurker.



_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 9837
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatatoothy, I like you. Welcome, sir.
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
true2form


Joined: 01 Jan 2010
Posts: 744
Location: Ohio
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the biggest issue is guys getting used to the RM "Packers" way of drafting. It's very similar to the Al Davis way of drafting in that you never know who it could be. The difference is, AD would reach for guys, while RM will pick the unheralded guys. It's no longer about the flashy pick and it is about the blue collar guys that love the game.

I've been surprised by every pick so far and it takes some time to warm up to the picks. However, I can see the combination of need and BPA coming into play. Something that I'm not used to as a Raider fan for sure.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
socallbraider


Joined: 09 Apr 2013
Posts: 153
Location: US
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
socallbraider wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
socallbraider wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:
We don't have the luxury to take a guy that needs time. We need starters not someone who is gonna watch u could of got that next round.

What do you mean? There's plenty of time... We are rebuilding Reggie's way!


Round two is to early for a development type of player. We should be picking a starter.


Yep,
This pick only furthers the idea that RM has viewed 2013 as a(nother) throw away season.
This guy most likely wont see a start this year, just as bergstrom didnt last year,...With barnes ,smith and barron a player with this much need of development was a "future" pick all the way.
RM is paving his way out the door IMO.


Is this a serious post?

Do you want Reggie do mortgage the future to win a few more games this year? Should we trade our future picks for some old veterans? Lets just thrown money at FA's, that worked well before.


I didnt realize those were my only options.
let me see...either agree with every pick or decision RM makes, or I am advocating making bad Free agent over the hill excessive amount contracts.....

I dont like either of our first two picks.I think they have BUST potential written all over them.If they DO bust, then we will have spun our wheels for the second consecutive offseason in a row...just how many years are you suggesting he get to show his "skill".

Bergstrom is in a make it or break it year, if he doesnt hold down his LG spot,then he will not get another contract.
Burris is already being burried on the depth chart as sio is Going to be Burnett replacement..
Crawford and Christo are done after this year, and now we have another questionable draft and a less then spectacular FA period...many of the nation are looking ahead to 2014, but Ill tell ya, one nice offseason (based on having cap space?) isnt going to get us into the playoffs.
WTF? Dude your depressing find another team to root for since you don't like any move that has been made. Damn!


LOL,
again...I didnt realize that blind aliegiance was a prerequisite of fandom...you pitch a fit at my opinion ...as if its some kind of monster in the closet that will hurt you somehow if its allowed to exist(lol).

Ive been a Raiders fan longer then youve probably been alive (lol) so you can save the "loyalty" bit for your teenage friends.

RonWolfe was the GM in GB...Mckenzie was not.
He is a rookie GM and EVEN if you wanted to give himcredit for GBs drafts they were full of FAIL. The only saving grace to the packers since RM got to GB was Brett farve and Arron Rodgers...even so, they managed to win two rings in the last 30+ years.

The Raiders under crazy uncle AL were the winningest franchise in all of North american sports history until the salary cap changed how AL did his buisness.
I dont see what RM is seeing.
The poster that wanted to know what I as a couch GM would have done...Its simple ..I woudl have drafted game ready players for our positions of greatest need unless there was a best avaible that offered an exceptional value.

I like the defensive players he brought in, but they are complete rentals.
One year deal are bad for the team, bad for the players...you guys that have been saying how SMART 1 year deal are ..that is ridiculous.
But this is a draft thread soIll leave that alone.

I dont like Rookie CBs, they bust at a higher rate then any other position.1st round CBs tend to fair better then the rest of the rounds but overall it is probably the second most difficult position in the pro game behind QB.Most 1st year CBs need at least a year to get up to speed.latter round CBs are like cannon fodder...
I dont like "project players" Mario henderson was supposed to be HUGELY talented as well...when Mat Mayock says "this guy doesnt know what hes doing" thats not the tag Id like to hear about a high second round player.
I like moore, but OLB wasnt nearly as pressing as Safety,or OG,or TE,Or DE,orDT,orback up RB...this is a pathetic draft so far...one of the worst I can remember...That doesnt mean that the players, or YOU for that matter should read my opinion and pack it in.
Nothing would make me happier then to be completely wrong.
You guys that like to bump posts back and forth that just nuthug everything raider even when it isnt deserved are silly.

BTW,I never liked DHB,but would have accepted him on the Depth Chart if he wasnt making stupid jack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
raidr4life


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 3425
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

socallbraider wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
socallbraider wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
socallbraider wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:
We don't have the luxury to take a guy that needs time. We need starters not someone who is gonna watch u could of got that next round.

What do you mean? There's plenty of time... We are rebuilding Reggie's way!


Round two is to early for a development type of player. We should be picking a starter.


Yep,
This pick only furthers the idea that RM has viewed 2013 as a(nother) throw away season.
This guy most likely wont see a start this year, just as bergstrom didnt last year,...With barnes ,smith and barron a player with this much need of development was a "future" pick all the way.
RM is paving his way out the door IMO.


Is this a serious post?

Do you want Reggie do mortgage the future to win a few more games this year? Should we trade our future picks for some old veterans? Lets just thrown money at FA's, that worked well before.


I didnt realize those were my only options.
let me see...either agree with every pick or decision RM makes, or I am advocating making bad Free agent over the hill excessive amount contracts.....

I dont like either of our first two picks.I think they have BUST potential written all over them.If they DO bust, then we will have spun our wheels for the second consecutive offseason in a row...just how many years are you suggesting he get to show his "skill".

Bergstrom is in a make it or break it year, if he doesnt hold down his LG spot,then he will not get another contract.
Burris is already being burried on the depth chart as sio is Going to be Burnett replacement..
Crawford and Christo are done after this year, and now we have another questionable draft and a less then spectacular FA period...many of the nation are looking ahead to 2014, but Ill tell ya, one nice offseason (based on having cap space?) isnt going to get us into the playoffs.
WTF? Dude your depressing find another team to root for since you don't like any move that has been made. Damn!


LOL,
again...I didnt realize that blind aliegiance was a prerequisite of fandom...you pitch a fit at my opinion ...as if its some kind of monster in the closet that will hurt you somehow if its allowed to exist(lol).

Ive been a Raiders fan longer then youve probably been alive (lol) so you can save the "loyalty" bit for your teenage friends.

RonWolfe was the GM in GB...Mckenzie was not.
He is a rookie GM and EVEN if you wanted to give himcredit for GBs drafts they were full of FAIL. The only saving grace to the packers since RM got to GB was Brett farve and Arron Rodgers...even so, they managed to win two rings in the last 30+ years.

The Raiders under crazy uncle AL were the winningest franchise in all of North american sports history until the salary cap changed how AL did his buisness.
I dont see what RM is seeing.
The poster that wanted to know what I as a couch GM would have done...Its simple ..I woudl have drafted game ready players for our positions of greatest need unless there was a best avaible that offered an exceptional value.

I like the defensive players he brought in, but they are complete rentals.
One year deal are bad for the team, bad for the players...you guys that have been saying how SMART 1 year deal are ..that is ridiculous.
But this is a draft thread soIll leave that alone.

I dont like Rookie CBs, they bust at a higher rate then any other position.1st round CBs tend to fair better then the rest of the rounds but overall it is probably the second most difficult position in the pro game behind QB.Most 1st year CBs need at least a year to get up to speed.latter round CBs are like cannon fodder...
I dont like "project players" Mario henderson was supposed to be HUGELY talented as well...when Mat Mayock says "this guy doesnt know what hes doing" thats not the tag Id like to hear about a high second round player.
I like moore, but OLB wasnt nearly as pressing as Safety,or OG,or TE,Or DE,orDT,orback up RB...this is a pathetic draft so far...one of the worst I can remember...That doesnt mean that the players, or YOU for that matter should read my opinion and pack it in.
Nothing would make me happier then to be completely wrong.
You guys that like to bump posts back and forth that just nuthug everything raider even when it isnt deserved are silly.

BTW,I never liked DHB,but would have accepted him on the Depth Chart if he wasnt making stupid jack.
Whatever save your 10 paragraph responses for someone who is going to bother to read them. No one is saying you have to like everything as a fan, but every single one of your 128 post have been nothing but negative, that brings to question if you really are a fan, or a troll who just likes being a know it all.
_________________

OUR FUTURE PREMIERE LT!!
Mad props to Silver&Black88 on the sig.


Last edited by raidr4life on Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
3 MILE LYLE


Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Posts: 194
Location: oc
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

socallbraider wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
socallbraider wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
socallbraider wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:
We don't have the luxury to take a guy that needs time. We need starters not someone who is gonna watch u could of got that next round.

What do you mean? There's plenty of time... We are rebuilding Reggie's way!


Round two is to early for a development type of player. We should be picking a starter.


Yep,
This pick only furthers the idea that RM has viewed 2013 as a(nother) throw away season.
This guy most likely wont see a start this year, just as bergstrom didnt last year,...With barnes ,smith and barron a player with this much need of development was a "future" pick all the way.
RM is paving his way out the door IMO.


Is this a serious post?

Do you want Reggie do mortgage the future to win a few more games this year? Should we trade our future picks for some old veterans? Lets just thrown money at FA's, that worked well before.


I didnt realize those were my only options.
let me see...either agree with every pick or decision RM makes, or I am advocating making bad Free agent over the hill excessive amount contracts.....

I dont like either of our first two picks.I think they have BUST potential written all over them.If they DO bust, then we will have spun our wheels for the second consecutive offseason in a row...just how many years are you suggesting he get to show his "skill".

Bergstrom is in a make it or break it year, if he doesnt hold down his LG spot,then he will not get another contract.
Burris is already being burried on the depth chart as sio is Going to be Burnett replacement..
Crawford and Christo are done after this year, and now we have another questionable draft and a less then spectacular FA period...many of the nation are looking ahead to 2014, but Ill tell ya, one nice offseason (based on having cap space?) isnt going to get us into the playoffs.
WTF? Dude your depressing find another team to root for since you don't like any move that has been made. Damn!


LOL,
again...I didnt realize that blind aliegiance was a prerequisite of fandom...you pitch a fit at my opinion ...as if its some kind of monster in the closet that will hurt you somehow if its allowed to exist(lol).

Ive been a Raiders fan longer then youve probably been alive (lol) so you can save the "loyalty" bit for your teenage friends.

RonWolfe was the GM in GB...Mckenzie was not.
He is a rookie GM and EVEN if you wanted to give himcredit for GBs drafts they were full of FAIL. The only saving grace to the packers since RM got to GB was Brett farve and Arron Rodgers...even so, they managed to win two rings in the last 30+ years.

The Raiders under crazy uncle AL were the winningest franchise in all of North american sports history until the salary cap changed how AL did his buisness.
I dont see what RM is seeing.
The poster that wanted to know what I as a couch GM would have done...Its simple ..I woudl have drafted game ready players for our positions of greatest need unless there was a best avaible that offered an exceptional value.

I like the defensive players he brought in, but they are complete rentals.
One year deal are bad for the team, bad for the players...you guys that have been saying how SMART 1 year deal are ..that is ridiculous.
But this is a draft thread soIll leave that alone.

I dont like Rookie CBs, they bust at a higher rate then any other position.1st round CBs tend to fair better then the rest of the rounds but overall it is probably the second most difficult position in the pro game behind QB.Most 1st year CBs need at least a year to get up to speed.latter round CBs are like cannon fodder...
I dont like "project players" Mario henderson was supposed to be HUGELY talented as well...when Mat Mayock says "this guy doesnt know what hes doing" thats not the tag Id like to hear about a high second round player.
I like moore, but OLB wasnt nearly as pressing as Safety,or OG,or TE,Or DE,orDT,orback up RB...this is a pathetic draft so far...one of the worst I can remember...That doesnt mean that the players, or YOU for that matter should read my opinion and pack it in.
Nothing would make me happier then to be completely wrong.
You guys that like to bump posts back and forth that just nuthug everything raider even when it isnt deserved are silly.

BTW,I never liked DHB,but would have accepted him on the Depth Chart if he wasnt making stupid jack.


i stopped reading after that. they have the most probowl drafted players and the most impact players drafted in the latter rounds than any other team in the last 15 years. all this despite having the lowest average draft position.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dessie


Joined: 02 Feb 2006
Posts: 4286
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 MILE LYLE wrote:
socallbraider wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
socallbraider wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
socallbraider wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:
We don't have the luxury to take a guy that needs time. We need starters not someone who is gonna watch u could of got that next round.

What do you mean? There's plenty of time... We are rebuilding Reggie's way!


Round two is to early for a development type of player. We should be picking a starter.


Yep,
This pick only furthers the idea that RM has viewed 2013 as a(nother) throw away season.
This guy most likely wont see a start this year, just as bergstrom didnt last year,...With barnes ,smith and barron a player with this much need of development was a "future" pick all the way.
RM is paving his way out the door IMO.


Is this a serious post?

Do you want Reggie do mortgage the future to win a few more games this year? Should we trade our future picks for some old veterans? Lets just thrown money at FA's, that worked well before.


I didnt realize those were my only options.
let me see...either agree with every pick or decision RM makes, or I am advocating making bad Free agent over the hill excessive amount contracts.....

I dont like either of our first two picks.I think they have BUST potential written all over them.If they DO bust, then we will have spun our wheels for the second consecutive offseason in a row...just how many years are you suggesting he get to show his "skill".

Bergstrom is in a make it or break it year, if he doesnt hold down his LG spot,then he will not get another contract.
Burris is already being burried on the depth chart as sio is Going to be Burnett replacement..
Crawford and Christo are done after this year, and now we have another questionable draft and a less then spectacular FA period...many of the nation are looking ahead to 2014, but Ill tell ya, one nice offseason (based on having cap space?) isnt going to get us into the playoffs.
WTF? Dude your depressing find another team to root for since you don't like any move that has been made. Damn!


LOL,
again...I didnt realize that blind aliegiance was a prerequisite of fandom...you pitch a fit at my opinion ...as if its some kind of monster in the closet that will hurt you somehow if its allowed to exist(lol).

Ive been a Raiders fan longer then youve probably been alive (lol) so you can save the "loyalty" bit for your teenage friends.

RonWolfe was the GM in GB...Mckenzie was not.
He is a rookie GM and EVEN if you wanted to give himcredit for GBs drafts they were full of FAIL. The only saving grace to the packers since RM got to GB was Brett farve and Arron Rodgers...even so, they managed to win two rings in the last 30+ years.

The Raiders under crazy uncle AL were the winningest franchise in all of North american sports history until the salary cap changed how AL did his buisness.
I dont see what RM is seeing.
The poster that wanted to know what I as a couch GM would have done...Its simple ..I woudl have drafted game ready players for our positions of greatest need unless there was a best avaible that offered an exceptional value.

I like the defensive players he brought in, but they are complete rentals.
One year deal are bad for the team, bad for the players...you guys that have been saying how SMART 1 year deal are ..that is ridiculous.
But this is a draft thread soIll leave that alone.

I dont like Rookie CBs, they bust at a higher rate then any other position.1st round CBs tend to fair better then the rest of the rounds but overall it is probably the second most difficult position in the pro game behind QB.Most 1st year CBs need at least a year to get up to speed.latter round CBs are like cannon fodder...
I dont like "project players" Mario henderson was supposed to be HUGELY talented as well...when Mat Mayock says "this guy doesnt know what hes doing" thats not the tag Id like to hear about a high second round player.
I like moore, but OLB wasnt nearly as pressing as Safety,or OG,or TE,Or DE,orDT,orback up RB...this is a pathetic draft so far...one of the worst I can remember...That doesnt mean that the players, or YOU for that matter should read my opinion and pack it in.
Nothing would make me happier then to be completely wrong.
You guys that like to bump posts back and forth that just nuthug everything raider even when it isnt deserved are silly.

BTW,I never liked DHB,but would have accepted him on the Depth Chart if he wasnt making stupid jack.


i stopped reading after that. they have the most probowl drafted players and the most impact players drafted in the latter rounds than any other team in the last 15 years. all this despite having the lowest average draft position.


+1 anyone who says the Packers drafts are full of fail really have no clue.
_________________
bitty wrote:
I don't understand why everybody thinks Green Bay is the pinnacle of NFL franchises?
In my opinion they are a joke. In the last ten years there drafts sucked.
#clueless
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 13878
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, GB's draft were full of fail if you're holding teams to the standard every pick should be a hit. That's setting yourself up for disappointment. No matter who your GM is, some picks won't pan out. In the end, McKenzie's fate will be determined by his ability to find the QB. He might give one a shot today. Can't wait to find out who that is. My guess is Matt Scott.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bitty


Joined: 19 Jan 2005
Posts: 3566
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
3 MILE LYLE wrote:
socallbraider wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
socallbraider wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
socallbraider wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:
We don't have the luxury to take a guy that needs time. We need starters not someone who is gonna watch u could of got that next round.

What do you mean? There's plenty of time... We are rebuilding Reggie's way!


Round two is to early for a development type of player. We should be picking a starter.


Yep,
This pick only furthers the idea that RM has viewed 2013 as a(nother) throw away season.
This guy most likely wont see a start this year, just as bergstrom didnt last year,...With barnes ,smith and barron a player with this much need of development was a "future" pick all the way.
RM is paving his way out the door IMO.


Is this a serious post?

Do you want Reggie do mortgage the future to win a few more games this year? Should we trade our future picks for some old veterans? Lets just thrown money at FA's, that worked well before.


I didnt realize those were my only options.
let me see...either agree with every pick or decision RM makes, or I am advocating making bad Free agent over the hill excessive amount contracts.....

I dont like either of our first two picks.I think they have BUST potential written all over them.If they DO bust, then we will have spun our wheels for the second consecutive offseason in a row...just how many years are you suggesting he get to show his "skill".

Bergstrom is in a make it or break it year, if he doesnt hold down his LG spot,then he will not get another contract.
Burris is already being burried on the depth chart as sio is Going to be Burnett replacement..
Crawford and Christo are done after this year, and now we have another questionable draft and a less then spectacular FA period...many of the nation are looking ahead to 2014, but Ill tell ya, one nice offseason (based on having cap space?) isnt going to get us into the playoffs.
WTF? Dude your depressing find another team to root for since you don't like any move that has been made. Damn!


LOL,
again...I didnt realize that blind aliegiance was a prerequisite of fandom...you pitch a fit at my opinion ...as if its some kind of monster in the closet that will hurt you somehow if its allowed to exist(lol).

Ive been a Raiders fan longer then youve probably been alive (lol) so you can save the "loyalty" bit for your teenage friends.

RonWolfe was the GM in GB...Mckenzie was not.
He is a rookie GM and EVEN if you wanted to give himcredit for GBs drafts they were full of FAIL. The only saving grace to the packers since RM got to GB was Brett farve and Arron Rodgers...even so, they managed to win two rings in the last 30+ years.

The Raiders under crazy uncle AL were the winningest franchise in all of North american sports history until the salary cap changed how AL did his buisness.
I dont see what RM is seeing.
The poster that wanted to know what I as a couch GM would have done...Its simple ..I woudl have drafted game ready players for our positions of greatest need unless there was a best avaible that offered an exceptional value.

I like the defensive players he brought in, but they are complete rentals.
One year deal are bad for the team, bad for the players...you guys that have been saying how SMART 1 year deal are ..that is ridiculous.
But this is a draft thread soIll leave that alone.

I dont like Rookie CBs, they bust at a higher rate then any other position.1st round CBs tend to fair better then the rest of the rounds but overall it is probably the second most difficult position in the pro game behind QB.Most 1st year CBs need at least a year to get up to speed.latter round CBs are like cannon fodder...
I dont like "project players" Mario henderson was supposed to be HUGELY talented as well...when Mat Mayock says "this guy doesnt know what hes doing" thats not the tag Id like to hear about a high second round player.
I like moore, but OLB wasnt nearly as pressing as Safety,or OG,or TE,Or DE,orDT,orback up RB...this is a pathetic draft so far...one of the worst I can remember...That doesnt mean that the players, or YOU for that matter should read my opinion and pack it in.
Nothing would make me happier then to be completely wrong.
You guys that like to bump posts back and forth that just nuthug everything raider even when it isnt deserved are silly.

BTW,I never liked DHB,but would have accepted him on the Depth Chart if he wasnt making stupid jack.


i stopped reading after that. they have the most probowl drafted players and the most impact players drafted in the latter rounds than any other team in the last 15 years. all this despite having the lowest average draft position.


+1 anyone who says the Packers drafts are full of fail really have no clue.


I'm Guessing you to didn't see the chart that was posted grading teams drafts over the last five years?
Green Bay was ranked 15th in the NFL.
I'm guessing your opinion means more than actual facts.

I love that you tagged my quote it shows your ignorance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 13878
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.draftmetrics.com/files/STUDYING%20THE%20DRAFT%20RECORD%20OF%20NFL%20TEAMS.pdf
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bitty


Joined: 19 Jan 2005
Posts: 3566
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
http://www.draftmetrics.com/files/STUDYING%20THE%20DRAFT%20RECORD%20OF%20NFL%20TEAMS.pdf


Never saw that one.

This is from the same people
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Whos-been-doing-the-best-job-of-drafting.html

Green Bay was 9th over the last 10 years and 14th of the last 5 years.

I'm not sure why they have 2 different ratings for Green Bay.
So I got a 50-50 shot at being right or apologizing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 13878
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
http://www.draftmetrics.com/files/STUDYING%20THE%20DRAFT%20RECORD%20OF%20NFL%20TEAMS.pdf


Never saw that one.

This is from the same people
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Whos-been-doing-the-best-job-of-drafting.html

Green Bay was 9th over the last 10 years and 14th of the last 5 years.

I'm not sure why they have 2 different ratings for Green Bay.
So I got a 50-50 shot at being right or apologizing.


It's not for the same period (although they overlap). They're not measuring the same thing. The link i posted is measuring the team's ability to find 5 years starters weighted by the picks they had at their disposal to do so. It's an efficiency rating. It shows teams drafting in the top 13 have a much better chance of getting 5 years starters so only listing the number of starts (like it is done in the second link) will favor bad teams. According to their metrics, the Packers and Steelers are the most efficient at finding long term starters no matter how high or low they draft.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
socallbraider


Joined: 09 Apr 2013
Posts: 153
Location: US
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you to the people who actually do their homework.

GB has had a couple of GREAT drafts the last 5 years.Id have to gop look it up but the year they got Finley was Really good...and one good draft helps change your percentages immensley when your dealing in metrics under 10.That has really Raised their Hit/miss ratio ...But I was not going back 5 years as it seems some prpared article has done for lazy readers..I was going back to the begining of RMs tenure in GB.

And the point Really wasnt to put GB on Blast, it was to show that the idea that one GM or another was so INCREDIBLY better at the draft then others is a little skewed.

30%
Thats about the average.for all teams in a 10 year window.
Profootball focus "all time draft" by team gives a complete overview.

I dont get the whole Troll business.If someone is coming in saying
RAIDERS SUCK or some such nonsense then I guess that could be irritating, but divergent opinions is what This country was builty upon.People who insulate themselves only to like minded opinions like ONLY watching FoX, or Msnbc is what is creating so much dischord in society.If I dissagree with an approach ,casting disparaging remarks is about as childish as you can get.Most of the time The poster can elucidate why he doesnt agree...last time R4L big comeback was "you just dont get it"....YEAH...CLEARLY...The idea was you were going to explain it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
socallbraider


Joined: 09 Apr 2013
Posts: 153
Location: US
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Well, GB's draft were full of fail if you're holding teams to the standard every pick should be a hit. That's setting yourself up for disappointment. No matter who your GM is, some picks won't pan out. In the end, McKenzie's fate will be determined by his ability to find the QB. He might give one a shot today. Can't wait to find out who that is. My guess is Matt Scott.


I couldnt agree more with this statement.
Tom Brady has kept the hoodie in NE all these years
Phillip kept Norv and AJ in SD far longer then their leadership suggested they belonged...NOONE purged as much talent as SD did the last 5 years and brought in NOTHING.

If he finds a QB, that can put some excitement, some competition...some of what we had three years back when JC and Jacoby ford fueled that comeback against the Chiefs, then I dont even think people will care about any of this minutia that we chew on because theres nothing else.

sorry to ask again, but did anyone answer the 21 years old Question I had posed. Is it 21 by the start of the 2014 calendar,or 2014 season, or 2014 draft.
Im a huge Brett Hundley fan...he is really Raw still but the kid is working like MAD. he hired a fitness trainer that is making him do stuff like run the staircase from the beach to the street in Santa Monica..If you dont know they are fierce and go up the side of a cliff..very steep...several times @ 5:00 am.
I think he is going to light it up @ a Heisman Level this season.
He will be 21 June 15Th(?) after the draft, before the season. Does he have to wait until after his junior year?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 41 of 43

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group