Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

and the reviews are in...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Mauti might be the future at MLB for this team.

Thats still freaking hard to believe, but dang do I like it!

down but not out. I still believe!
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Mike Mauti might be the future at MLB for this team.

Thats still freaking hard to believe, but dang do I like it!

Very well could be out of the league in three years as well, which is typical of most 7th round picks. If he physically cant go, to the point of being ready week 1, he very well could be released. that is the life of a 7th rd pick, no job security vs a 3rd or 4th rd pick or earlier.
Krauser

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Healthy at week one or not, I'd be surprised if they didn't keep Mauti over Audie Cole, let him back up Henderson at MLB and play special teams. Half his highlight reel is tackles and forced fumbles in kick / punt coverage. Mauti's ceiling as a future starter would seem to be enough to justify taking up a roster spot to let him get up to speed gradually. The Vikings were so clear they want a vocal leader at MLB (to be fair, Erin offers some of that as well) that they pretty much have to give Mauti a chance to be Mr Inspiration.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krauser wrote:
Healthy at week one or not, I'd be surprised if they didn't keep Mauti over Audie Cole, let him back up Henderson at MLB and play special teams. Half his highlight reel is tackles and forced fumbles in kick / punt coverage. Mauti's ceiling as a future starter would seem to be enough to justify taking up a roster spot to let him get up to speed gradually. The Vikings were so clear they want a vocal leader at MLB (to be fair, Erin offers some of that as well) that they pretty much have to give Mauti a chance to be Mr Inspiration.

I think Cole has the advantage at this point, since he is a 2nd year player and has shown some ability in coverage (granted juts pre season). Cole seems like a potentially more ideal coverage type player at MLB, though Mauti is probably the better overall player.

If Mauti is healthy, I fully expect both him and Cole to make the final cut with Tyrone McKenzie on the way out. Though, id rather keep McKenzie and release Larry Dean, but it seems like MN likes to hang onto those useless defensive players that only play special teams (Dean, Farwell, Sendejo, Frampton, Sherels).

This is what i see in my head:

SLB Chad Greenway
MLB Erin Henderson
WLB Gerald Hodges
LB Marvin Mitchell
LB Audie Cole

I think those five are safe best at this point. Leaving two spots for:

Tyrone McKenzie
Michael Mauti
Larry Dean

If Brian Urlacher or another veteran is brought in, that could make things a bit more difficult to determine, but Mitchell would then be on the way out with Henderson sliding over to WLB and Hodges as the top reserve OLB off the bench.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mckenzie was our special teams ace last year. Would love to see him make it over Dean.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Mckenzie was our special teams ace last year. Would love to see him make it over Dean.

I agree, id rather have McKenzie. McKenzie was also a bit higher up on the defensive depth chart as well, so i guess they would probably feel better about him having to step in on defense.

Dean project as an OLB, but I think McKenzie could probably play OLB too. I believe he did in college.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's also got a bit more position flexibility. Dean, if he had to play defense, could only play in Greenway's spot.
Duff Man

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:

I loved watching McKenzie on Special Teams last year.. he had some sweet, big-time hits
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharrif Floyd: Come out Thursday 5/30 from 7-8pm. I'll be signing autographs and taking pics at @FanHQ. Be there!! 12667 Wayzata Blvd in Minnetonka.

https://www.facebook.com/sharrif.floyd?hc_location=stream

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: