Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

and the reviews are in...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: and the reviews are in... Reply with quote

do we have a thread yet specifically to discuss/rate how we did in the 1st round? if this isn't a unique topic, then of course close it.

Vikings dominate another draft

"I thought Sharrif Floyd was the best defensive tackle in the draft. I wouldn't have batted an eye if he had been picked third overall. He slipped to No. 23, and Minnesota Vikings general manager Rick Spielman pounced on someone I could have seen him trading up to pick. What a genuine steal. I also loved the needed selection of physical corner Xavier Rhodes with the pick that was acquired from the Seattle Seahawks in the Percy Harvin deal (No. 25). Then, to replace Harvin, Spielman traded with the New England Patriots to get back into the first round at No. 29 and nab Cordarrelle Patterson. Though he's not polished as a receiver, Patterson will instantly help on special teams.

Yet again, Spielman got the job done on draft day. This was an A+ draft."

Adam Schein, NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000163694/article/2013-nfl-draft-vikings-among-early-winners-while-jets-misstep

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet they get a lower grade for today......I love the three guys they added, love them.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"This is quite the haul for the Vikings. Getting three starters in one draft is great. Getting three starters in the first round is amazing. For the Vikings to get Floyd 23rd overall has to be considered the biggest steal of the first round. Many considered Floyd to go in the top five to the Raiders. Then he dropped and dropped allowing the Vikings to get the defensive tackle their aging defense needs.

If the Vikings want to use their cornerbacks like the Seattle Seahawks do, Xavier Rhodes is a perfect fit. He excels in press coverage and has optimal size and athletic ability. If he can learn better off-man technique, he could quickly develop into a very good cornerback.

The Vikings giving up four picks to trade back into the first round would have been dumb to get Manti Te'o. To get Cordarrelle Patterson is nice, but a gamble. There are some character concerns with Patterson, but he should at the least be a factor on special teams immediately.

Grade: A-"

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2013/4/26/4269002/2013-nfl-draft-1st-round-grades

Webmaster wrote:
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt Mel Kiper gives us anything better than a C+. He really wanted us to take Manti Teo and didn't seem all that thrilled when we took Rhodes.
vikes635

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Give us an A. We gave up a lil to much for patterson i didnt Feel Floyd was the best DT there and we got the Biggest Steal of the draft with Rhodes i thought he would go 13

Rip Sean Taylor

PROPS TO Joe_is_the_best for the Sig

Adopt A Viking= Kyle Rudolph Rec=5 Targets=10 Drops= Penalties= tot yds=69 TD=1 Lng=21

Pre Season= 4 catches 1 drop 44 yards
wcblack34

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did we give up too much for Patterson? Trade values worked, and we moved up something like 23 spots. The value was just fine.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the way I've looked at it. 49ers gave up pick 73 to move up 13 spots. We gave up pick 83 and 102 (negligible late 7th, 229) to move up 23 spots.

We didn't give up too much at all. If he's the guy the Vikings coveted, and he's worth the pick to them at 29, then the value in the trade itself fits.
wcblack34

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
This is the way I've looked at it. 49ers gave up pick 73 to move up 13 spots. We gave up pick 83 and 102 (negligible late 7th, 229) to move up 23 spots.

We didn't give up too much at all. If he's the guy the Vikings coveted, and he's worth the pick to them at 29, then the value in the trade itself fits.

Yep. People seem to think that if you don't completely fleece the other team, you somehow lose. If that was the only way you "won" trades, there would never be trades.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cris Carter: "Great day for Minnesota. Vikings won 10 games last year and then added 3 first rounders. Organization is extremely happy today."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_23114067/vikings-draft-cris-carter-labels-first-round-great

Webmaster wrote:
ArcticNorseman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Vikes grade-out well just because of the 1st Rd. I'd give the team an A- because the move to get Patterson cost the Vikes a shot at Arthur Brown in the 2nd and a different WR in the 3rd.

I'm excited to see how Patterson handles his role and if he lives up to expectations. If he does, the grade is an absolute A.
El Raymundo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was a slam dunk first round. We went in with needs at four positions and filled three of them with first rounders. Pretty hard to complain about that.

Now I want us to sign Brian Urlacher. I don't even care if he plays. A good friend of mine here in VA is a huge Bears fan and has a pug named Urlacher, as well as a newborn son. I want to buy the kid a Vikings jersey with Urlacher on the back and then taunt him about his dog.

"Live as brave men; and if Fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts." -- Cicero
Klomp

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffalo, Cincinatti, Dallas, Houston, Miami, New England, New York Jets, San Francisco, St Louis, and Tennessee. Only 10 teams have made more picks than us.

It seems like we're behind the curve, but we really aren't.
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was just a great, great draft. I couldn't be happier. This draft could very well end up being the best one we've had since the early days of Bud Grant.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El Raymundo wrote:
I thought it was a slam dunk first round. We went in with needs at four positions and filled three of them with first rounders. Pretty hard to complain about that.

Now I want us to sign Brian Urlacher. I don't even care if he plays. A good friend of mine here in VA is a huge Bears fan and has a pug named Urlacher, as well as a newborn son. I want to buy the kid a Vikings jersey with Urlacher on the back and then taunt him about his dog.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't come up with a complaint if I tried. Went against some of my prefenences but I trust the staff as they've seen more then me. But hit all the needs and got good value as well. If Michael Mauti is healthy getting him in the 7th was robbery. Probably my favorite pick of the draft.

Shoutout to JTagg7754 on the sig!

"Welcome to the end of your life and I promise it's gonna hurt"

"Fresh out of the Factory with no warrenty and already broken what a pity"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: