Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Notre Dame fan here regarding Tyler Eifert
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sonic Raider

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Notre Dame fan here regarding Tyler Eifert Reply with quote

IMO you have gotten the best tight end in the entire draft. Some sources may have had Zach Ertz from Stanford ahead but Tyler Eifert wasn't the Mackey Award Winner for nothing.

Tyler Eifert has improved as a blocker. He can not only play a mean tight end, he can also line up outside due to his size.

With Eifert not a Bengal, you can use 2-3 tight end sets like what Bill Belichick uses for New England. Tyler Eifert, Jermaine Gresham, and Orson Charles? Not a bad TE corps if I say so.

Great job Cincinnati!
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched him a lot being in Indiana and I liked him as a prospect. He is very good at reacting to the ball in the air and has great hands. Good speed to get down the seem and make big plays. No doubt he was the best available offensive player at that time.

My initial reaction was not positive. I didnt see TE as a need in any way. Now that I have had time to settle down and better understand what we hope to do with him, I like the pick. Dalton isnt the most accurate and Tyler gives a big catching radius. He also can handle the high passes which is Dalton's favorite miss to make. If we use him properly, he could be a huge weapon for us moving forward.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the biggest positive out of this if that we're over Gresham. I think he's made about 2 notable plays in his career. That non-catch against the Ravens and that slant against the Browns. Other than that, he's had frying pans for hands.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
ark23

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedGreenShow wrote:
I think the biggest positive out of this if that we're over Gresham. I think he's made about 2 notable plays in his career. That non-catch against the Ravens and that slant against the Browns. Other than that, he's had frying pans for hands.
No question Gresham has been inconsistent. With that said I still don't think this a replacement for Gresham selection - I think it's a selection to add a playmaker and it's good to see that our Front Office and coaching staff realizes that to be successful with Andy Dalton at QB we need to find guys who create mismatches and who allow us to surround Andy with elite playmakers. We can use both Gresham and Eifert together quite a bit.

Key is Eifert has a big catch radius and he's very good at using his body to shield the football, understands how to use his height. Fluid mover and I think he will spend greater than 50% of his snaps at Split End or in the slot. He is a natural plucker and what I like is he is capable of making contested receptions because of those strong hands and body positioning. Love his footwork, you see him go up and get the football and have the feet to stay in bounds on the sideline.

Matchup nightmare, plain and simple. 6'6 fluid guy who can be moved all over. Remember we still have nine picks to work with here.
pollino14

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another ND fan on Eiffert.

It's been a pleasure watching him at ND. The guy is a class act.

As for his on field play, I'm confident he will be a top TE in this league, as a matter of fact, I think he's going to be the 2nd best TE behind Finle.... I mean Gronk Laughing Laughing

He is going to take so much pressure off of Green it's not even funny. Terrific selection.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedGreenShow wrote:

He's so bad he's only been to 2 Pro Bowls in 3 years.

Rolling Eyes
theJ

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
RedGreenShow wrote:

Rolling Eyes

As far as TE's go, he's been pretty good actually. It's just that Bengals fans are used to seeing very good WR play from the past 8 years. So when they see a player drop a pass, he must be bad. It just so happens that this player is a TE, and that this team hasn't used a TE as a receiver in years.

Watch some other teams and see how bad some of those guys are at receiving.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
RedGreenShow wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Pro Bowls mean jack. He's been sub par as a blocker and has issues with drops and fumbles. He should be better and I still have hope that he can be, but he has a ways to go. He's the 3rd best TE in our own division tbh...
theJ

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Pro Bowls mean jack. He's been sub par as a blocker and has issues with drops and fumbles. He should be better and I still have hope that he can be, but he has a ways to go. He's the 3rd best TE in our own division tbh...

Heath Miller and Dennis Pitta presumably?

The point is that he's not horrible like RedGreen is making him out to be. He's an average to above average TE. He definitely is a starting TE in the NFL.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
futbudds

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least they got rid of Coates
futbudds

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

The point is that he's not horrible like RedGreen is making him out to be. He's an average to above average TE. He definitely is a starting TE in the NFL.

Agreed. He's a decent enough TE and not worth getting rid of, but he still needs to get better.

And yes, Pitta and Miller...
Spartan300

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first I wasn't exactly thrilled with the pick, but there was no one on the board I really wanted at the time. Now I really like this pick. We have a top 3 WR in football, and with all the attention on him, Eifert should be able to complete the passing game and give Dalton a reliable threat over the middle. This added dimension has been sorely missed.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6'4" AJ Green, 6'5" Tyler Eifert. and 6'6" Jermaine Gresham. That kind of height will be difficult to match up with.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
theJ wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

Agreed. He's a decent enough TE and not worth getting rid of, but he still needs to get better.

And yes, Pitta and Miller...

I mean don't get me wrong, he's not horrible, but he's definitely not living up to his first round potential. I've never really been a fan of his. Will he ever be an elite TE in the league? I don't see it, not with any team. He doesn't really display that 'it' factor. He makes way too many mistakes. I really want him to prove me wrong this year. Some predict a breakout with Eifert now in the picture, but i foresee a steady decline.

TBH, I think i have a really bad taste in my mouth after that wildcard game. Maybe i've been a bit harsh on 'ole Gresh.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: