Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Patriots Forum NFL Draft - Day 2 Discussion Thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
roachkiller wrote:
Danny Amendola
Michael Jenkins
Matt Slater
Donald Jones
Julian Edelman
Aaron Dobson

Wow....I dont know if there's a worst WR core in the NFL. I will pray every day and night that Gronk and Hernany stay healthy.

I honestly really do feel bad for Brady. Must really suck seeing every other elite QB have the WRs they have, only to come back and look at what he has had over the past seasons.

He's gotta be at least a little pissed off that BB passed up on several highly touted WRs in the this draft.

I'm sure he secretly loathes Belichick for providing him only with an excellent OL, phenomenal TE's, a high quality WR (Amendola) and a high upside 2nd round pick.
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
roachkiller wrote:
Danny Amendola
Michael Jenkins
Matt Slater
Donald Jones
Julian Edelman
Aaron Dobson

Wow....I dont know if there's a worst WR core in the NFL. I will pray every day and night that Gronk and Hernany stay healthy.

I honestly really do feel bad for Brady. Must really suck seeing every other elite QB have the WRs they have, only to come back and look at what he has had over the past seasons.

He's gotta be at least a little pissed off that BB passed up on several highly touted WRs in the this draft.

I'm sure he secretly loathes Belichick for providing him only with an excellent OL, phenomenal TE's, a high quality WR (Amendola) and a high upside 2nd round pick.

YEAH! Agree, and they're definitely NOT going to be a top 5 offense this year, given the significant strides the running game made last year which will only help the effectiveness of Brady's play action pass ability. I mean, that, PLUS Brady definitely doesn't get the most out of all the players around him anyway, so we're definitely up the river without a paddle.

Bottom 5 offense?

We suck.

(Man we're a spoiled fan base)

Deadpulse on the sig!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConnPatFan wrote:
roachkiller wrote:
Danny Amendola
Michael Jenkins
Matt Slater
Donald Jones
Julian Edelman
Aaron Dobson

Seriously, our offense is gonna drop to like bottom 30 at this rate.

You did not watch the 2005 and 2006 season? We will be fine.
roachkiller

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian_Patriot wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
roachkiller wrote:
Danny Amendola
Michael Jenkins
Matt Slater
Donald Jones
Julian Edelman
Aaron Dobson

YEAH! Agree, and they're definitely NOT going to be a top 5 offense this year, given the significant strides the running game made last year which will only help the effectiveness of Brady's play action pass ability. I mean, that, PLUS Brady definitely doesn't get the most out of all the players around him anyway, so we're definitely up the river without a paddle.

Bottom 5 offense?

We suck.

How did that top 5 offense do against the Ravens the last two AFCC games? Significant strides in the running game? Yeah, they made some. Still a running game that cant run without a lead. They cant line up and punch teams in the mouth running the ball, they arent built that way. You dont even need to do that to be honest. That image of Ridley getting knocked out is still vivid. Its all gimmicks, the Pats cant line up with a good defense and just ball. In order for play action to reach its full potential, YOU NEED A DEEP THREAT. Hopefully, Dobson can turn into that, but Im not banking on it. Lord really knows I want to be wrong. If Gronk and Hernany can stay healthy, we will be okay, but if either one of them or Amendola goes down...take the fork out the Pats. They'll never be a bottom 5 offensive with Brady, that's blasphemous to say, its not crazy to think it wont be top 5.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roachkiller wrote:
Canadian_Patriot wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
roachkiller wrote:
Danny Amendola
Michael Jenkins
Matt Slater
Donald Jones
Julian Edelman
Aaron Dobson

Bottom 5 offense?

We suck.

How did that top 5 offense do against the Ravens the last two AFCC games? Significant strides in the running game? Yeah, they made some. Still a running game that cant run without a lead. They cant line up and punch teams in the mouth running the ball, they arent built that way. You dont even need to do that to be honest. That image of Ridley getting knocked out is still vivid. Its all gimmicks, the Pats cant line up with a good defense and just ball. In order for play action to reach its full potential, YOU NEED A DEEP THREAT. Hopefully, Dobson can turn into that, but Im not banking on it. Lord really knows I want to be wrong. If Gronk and Hernany can stay healthy, we will be okay, but if either one of them or Amendola goes down...take the fork out the Pats. They'll never be a bottom 5 offensive with Brady, that's blasphemous to say, its not crazy to think it wont be top 5.

It's pretty crazy.

Gronk and Hernandez played all of like a game and a half together last year and we were still 1st in scoring (the only offensive stat that matters). So 1 injury to them isnt "take the fork out".

Honestly, this offense will be fine. Dobson is a nice addition and our running game was 7th in the league last year. People are over-reacting.

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
Sciz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roachkiller wrote:
The biggest issue against the Ravens wasn't even the deep threat. It was the lack of a red zone threat. Hopefully Dobson can help there too. Stats were way down this past season, but he had 12 TDs in 2011.

As for your "not top 5" claim, the Patriots scored 120 more points than the fifth place team this past season. That was without one tight end for basically the entire season. They're going to be top 5 unless Brady gets hurt.
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like someone said, anyone who thinks this offense will have problems needs to put some 2006 tape on.

Doug Gabriel

/thread.

I know it's easy to say, " Well how did it go last year, or in 2011 vs the Giants. But come on, no one wins the superbowl this year. This team is trying to get better just like the other 31. My hope is that with Welker gone, it's going to change our style/approach a little bit. Amendola, Dobson and even Jones to some degree can do things that Welker/Branch/Lloyd just couldn't over the last few years.

It's going to be different for sure, and health will be a going concern, but I'm optimistic.

Deadpulse on the sig!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian_Patriot wrote:
Like someone said, anyone who thinks this offense will have problems needs to put some 2006 tape on.

Doug Gabriel

/thread.

I know it's easy to say, " Well how did it go last year, or in 2011 vs the Giants. But come on, no one wins the superbowl this year. This team is trying to get better just like the other 31. My hope is that with Welker gone, it's going to change our style/approach a little bit. Amendola, Dobson and even Jones to some degree can do things that Welker/Branch/Lloyd just couldn't over the last few years.

It's going to be different for sure, and health will be a going concern, but I'm optimistic.

From those WR's you mentioned we go from 31/33/31 to 27/21/25 in age

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roachkiller wrote:
Hopefully, Dobson can turn into that, but Im not banking on it.

Who would you bank on and why is that person(s) more bankable than Dobson?
TomRalph

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
FWIW, Duron Harmon is the "Emmanuel Sanders" pick. So for those who reluctant to see that pick moved because the Pats might land a stud at #91...

Subtly aimed at me, and boy, do I feel stupid.

I liked the Ryan pick, unlike a few on here, so I went to bed to watch the final few picks of the 3rd Round and when we came on the clock with Patton, Bailey, Rogers, Boyce etc. available, I was ecstatic. In my half-asleep state, I thought they were still playing Logan Ryan highlights after the Harmon pick, so when I eventually found out that'd drafted Tavon Wilson all over again, I was just distraught, especially with Safeties like Rambo and Thomas available still.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pats are taking Tyler Wilson with their next pick. Book it!
TomRalph

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadman31 wrote:
The Pats are taking Tyler Wilson with their next pick. Book it!

I think we trade down, grab a late 4th and a 5th, use a 4th on BPA (or a nobody) use the 5th on a QB (whomever is available) I like Bray as he has prototypical measurables and just needs (severe) coaching. Obviously being behind TFB and Mallett, he doesn't need to even think about starting.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
roachkiller wrote:
Danny Amendola
Michael Jenkins
Matt Slater
Donald Jones
Julian Edelman
Aaron Dobson

He can thank Scarnechia (or however you spell it) for the O Line, not BB...the two TEs are great, when they are actually healthy when it matters most, and yes, one very good slot receiver is great, when paired to a legitimate WR that can spread the field a bit.

I'm not sitting here saying BB doesn't know what he's doing, I'm just saying it must be frustrating to Brady to see all the nice legitimate WRs every other elite QB has.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian_Patriot wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
roachkiller wrote:
Danny Amendola
Michael Jenkins
Matt Slater
Donald Jones
Julian Edelman
Aaron Dobson

Bottom 5 offense?

We suck.

The pats will always be a top scoring team with brady at the helm, they will always look glorious in the regular season, its the post season that matters most though, and the offense has frankly not been up to par when they need to be.

We are most definitely a spoiled fan base....doesn't mean we should just keep saying, BB knows what he's doing, and going along with everything. This team is held to a very high standard, just like every other top team in this league.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a sky is falling guy at all. It is kind of frustrating though. I was moderately ok with the trade but skeptical about what the Pats could do with the extra 3rd and 4th. Looking back, the Pats could have had ANY WR they wanted not named Austin if they stayed at 29 and just taken Collins at 59. Instead they traded 29 for Dobson and Harmon. Who knows, maybe Dobson was their top WR but it seems like a bad trade to me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 36 of 37

Jump to: