Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams Prospect Profile: WR Tavon Austin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rAmFan39

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like when they reporter asked does he plan on having fun between the break or workout, and he replied, "definitely going to work out; The fun is something that will come later."

Love hearing things like this!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My keeper team has always lacked at RB, 2yrs ago I inherited a team and in the draft passed on Mark Ingraham for AJ Green, last yr selected Andrew Luck. Pretty happy with those decisions. Now this year with number 1 overall do I go Giovanni Bernard or Tavon Austin? My other rbs are Vereen, Ridley, and Bradshaw. My wr's AJ Green, Jordy Nelson, Torey Smith.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ziggy19 wrote:
My keeper team has always lacked at RB, 2yrs ago I inherited a team and in the draft passed on Mark Ingraham for AJ Green, last yr selected Andrew Luck. Pretty happy with those decisions. Now this year with number 1 overall do I go Giovanni Bernard or Tavon Austin? My other rbs are Vereen, Ridley, and Bradshaw. My wr's AJ Green, Jordy Nelson, Torey Smith.

Draft Tavon and package Nelson and Bradshaw/Vereen for an upgrade at RB.

Adopt-A-Ram: Chris Long
Steelers22

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's the buzz coming out of rams camp on austin? I've been hearing a lot about patterson and hopkins but not much about Austin

props to dawg24
catcheryea

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelers22 wrote:
what's the buzz coming out of rams camp on austin? I've been hearing a lot about patterson and hopkins but not much about Austin

He's pretty much been the star of the show. Other than Jared Cook, he's proabably been the most impressive skill guy. He's actually been the most consitent too. Cook had a bad day on Thursday and was kind of invisible, but Tavon has been making play after play. He beat Cortland Finnegan deep a couple times, he's been deadly underneath, and apparently he's had a punt return TD at least once every day.

You probably haven't heard much because the national media doesn't spend that much time on the Rams since we don't have a player who is coming off one of the best seasons for his positions of all time.
Steelers22

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great to hear. Far and away my favorite player from this years draft and may have the best open field moves I've ever seen from a player

props to dawg24
catcheryea

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of open field moves, on the first or second day of camp, he caught a ball underneath and juked Trumaine Johnson right of his shoes. He's also stopped on a dime a couple times, let the defender fly by, and then sped right back up and was off. Although today he tried to do that but Ogletree caught him before he could get going again.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

catcheryea wrote:
Speaking of open field moves, on the first or second day of camp, he caught a ball underneath and juked Trumaine Johnson right of his shoes. He's also stopped on a dime a couple times, let the defender fly by, and then sped right back up and was off. Although today he tried to do that but Ogletree caught him before he could get going again.

Heard he did it today on McDonald and made McDonald look like a fool.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
catcheryea

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
catcheryea wrote:

Heard he did it today on McDonald and made McDonald look like a fool.

Yeah, but Ogletree brought him down before he could turn it back up and break away. Still a good move though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: