Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

HERE'S AN IDEA !!!: THANKS FRANK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: HERE'S AN IDEA !!!: THANKS FRANK Reply with quote

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/04/26/the-miami-dolphins-should-make-offer-to-jags-for-lt-eugene-monroe/

I Would much rather this move than a move for Albert:

Thoughts ?

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so no one has any thoughts on this either way ?

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
joeyL.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only hang up would be $$. He's gonna wanna cash in next year and I would imagine he's gonna command more than what long/Albert wants. I would love to see it happen though!

^^^packerbacker87, mad props yo.
"
This is America, the land of individualism, civil
disobedience and footballs that dont roll like the rest of the world wants them to"
green4gulf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the compensation is right, then I love the move. I'd offer a player swap for Odrick, but it's surely too late in the game for that.

I like the player better than Albert.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea last offseason! dolphinologist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree, last season. With FA this season there are a few FA's we can bring in and draft a LT to try to develop.

Jordan Gross- At 33, he is getting up there, but could hold the spot for a year maybe two, while we develop a rookie, can probably be brought in for a fair price too.

Branden Albert- No two ways about it, he will not be in KC next season, though he may fetch top dollar 2 million to 6 million a season (easy), but at 29, he could hold the spot down for 4+ years.

Rodger Saffold- With the Rams set on Jake Long, Saffold was moved to Guard, they may not resign him and he has a chance of hitting the market. He will be 26 the start of the season, he might be a good selection, I would still draft a rookie, to push him.

I really do not want to trade for a spot we can fill with a FA and Draft, I do think we need a Vet at LT to protect Tanney just need to get one in a smart way.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphinemidget wrote:
Agree, last season. With FA this season there are a few FA's we can bring in and draft a LT to try to develop.

Jordan Gross- At 33, he is getting up there, but could hold the spot for a year maybe two, while we develop a rookie, can probably be brought in for a fair price too.

Branden Albert- No two ways about it, he will not be in KC next season, though he may fetch top dollar 2 million to 6 million a season (easy), but at 29, he could hold the spot down for 4+ years.

Rodger Saffold- With the Rams set on Jake Long, Saffold was moved to Guard, they may not resign him and he has a chance of hitting the market. He will be 26 the start of the season, he might be a good selection, I would still draft a rookie, to push him.

I really do not want to trade for a spot we can fill with a FA and Draft, I do think we need a Vet at LT to protect Tanney just need to get one in a smart way.

The Dolphins would be foolish to try an sign any of the free agent tackles.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
Dolphinemidget wrote:

Not sure I understand where u are coming from, A Veteran signed to a 1-2 year deal would help. A true rookie watching Tanney s blind side. Might want to look at some of these years game film.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
Dolphinemidget wrote:

Why foolish? We need to cover all of our tracks. Can't leave it to the draft where nothing is guaranteed to even be there (or to be any good for that matter.)

We'd be foolish NOT to try signing any FA tackles, which is what I hope you meant to say.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
Dolphinemidget wrote:

Do we really have a choice in this matter given that Ireland didn't do anything about bringing in youth/talent ???
Can we really afford to plug a mid 1st rnd kid at LT ???

I don't see any other way around either paying a mediocre McKinney decent money or paying more for a better talent. besides were likely gonna see a rookie LG tween Pouncey & the Vet LT.

Landing a bonafide starting OG in the mid 1st rnd is a heck of lot easier than a LT. Those guys aren't exactly low hanging fruit.
We have to be realistic in our expectations vs our goals given we've been dealt a crappy hand.

sug
green4gulf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: HERE'S AN IDEA !!!: THANKS FRANK Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/04/26/the-miami-dolphins-should-make-offer-to-jags-for-lt-eugene-monroe/

I Would much rather this move than a move for Albert:

Thoughts ?

This seemed like a pretty good idea last year when it was first suggested, but looking at it in hindsight it was a GREAT idea.

Wish we would have done it.
green4gulf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
Maddogg wrote:
Dolphinemidget wrote:

Do we really have a choice in this matter given that Ireland didn't do anything about bringing in youth/talent ???

I don't see any other way around either paying a mediocre McKinney decent money or paying more for a better talent. besides were likely gonna see a rookie LG tween Pouncey & the Vet LT.

Landing a bonafide starting OG in the mid 1st rnd is a heck of lot easier than a LT. Those guys aren't exactly low hanging fruit.
We have to be realistic in our expectations vs our goals given we've been dealt a crappy hand.

sug

The more I think about it the more I like it.

Draft an OG at 19, unless a top 2 LT prospect falls to us.

I also wouldn't mind a Center in the second or third and move Pouncey to OG. IMO that would solidify our interior line for years.

Even if we just plug in McKinney at LT for another year, this would make our OLine an immediate upgrade IMO.
SUG

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green4gulf wrote:
SUG wrote:
Maddogg wrote:
Dolphinemidget wrote:

sug

I also wouldn't mind a Center in the second or third and move Pouncey to OG. IMO that would solidify our interior line for years.

Even if we just plug in McKinney at LT for another year, this would make our OLine an immediate upgrade IMO.

Man I wouldn't replace Pouncey at OC unless the player acquired was flat out better.
Good luck with that ! Smile

A quality OC at 18 or 19 (wherever we are ? ) given the talent that will be avail seems like a "Safe Move".
And I'd much rather a quality OG than to end up with another player of J. Martins talent level.

sug
green4gulf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
green4gulf wrote:
SUG wrote:
Maddogg wrote:
Dolphinemidget wrote:

sug

Man I wouldn't replace Pouncey at OC unless the player acquired was flat out better.

A quality OC at 18 or 19 (wherever we are ? ) given the talent that will be avail seems like a "Safe Move".
And I'd much rather a quality OG than to end up with another player of J. Martins talent level.

sug

I would muich rather have an average C surrounded by 2 very good OG's than have a very good C surrounded by 2 average OG's.

A very good C can make the OG's better, but the very good OG's can make both the OT's and the C better.
green4gulf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green4gulf wrote:
SUG wrote:
green4gulf wrote:
SUG wrote:
Maddogg wrote:
Dolphinemidget wrote:

sug

sug

I would muich rather have an average C surrounded by 2 very good OG's than have a very good C surrounded by 2 average OG's.

A very good C can make the OG's better, but the very good OG's can make both the OT's and the C better.

The short of it is; Having better OG's and an average C gives a team more OL flexibility than what we have now with a very good C and average (at best) OG's.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: