Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2nd round pick!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stylish313

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chups wrote:
RIP CITY wrote:
Chups wrote:

They could always sign a free agent like Dwight Freeney too.

I still don't believe when all is said and done that Freeney goes to a non-Playoff team. I just don't see him coming here despite of what he said in some interview. He will sign with a contender.

Who said the Lions aren't a playoff team? They have the talent to make it to the playoffs this year and are arguably the second best team in the division.
He's talking reality, not make-believe.
RIP CITY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chups wrote:

Who said the Lions aren't a playoff team? They have the talent to make it to the playoffs this year and are arguably the second best team in the division.

Haha, I don't agree. I'd be pretty surprised if the Lions finished 3rd in the Division let alone make the Playoffs.
Chups

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
Chups wrote:
RIP CITY wrote:
Chups wrote:

I still don't believe when all is said and done that Freeney goes to a non-Playoff team. I just don't see him coming here despite of what he said in some interview. He will sign with a contender.

I'm sorry for not being pessimistic about this team. The Lions are a good football that had a bad season. It's been a long time since we could say that and seeing other Lions fans preach negative feelings about this team is disheartening. I'm a realist and this team is a legit playoff contender, if you can't recognize that, then I am sorry.

I will say it again and again. This team is going to be fighting for a playoff spot late in December. Player's like Freeney want to play here because they see it too. This team is loaded with talent unlike 4+ years ago.
stylish313

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chups wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Chups wrote:
RIP CITY wrote:
Chups wrote:

I'm sorry for not being pessimistic about this team. The Lions are a good football that had a bad season. It's been a long time since we could say that and seeing other Lions fans preach negative feelings about this team is disheartening. I'm a realist and this team is a legit playoff contender, if you can't recognize that, then I am sorry.

I will say it again and again. This team is going to be fighting for a playoff spot late in December. Player's like Freeney want to play here because they see it too. This team is loaded with talent unlike 4+ years ago.
This team could very well compete for a playoff spot, but the reality is we've been a garbage franchise with one outlier season. A player of Freeney's caliber is not gonna bet on that one season, he'll end up somewhere like Denver or Atlanta count on it.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chups wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Chups wrote:
RIP CITY wrote:
Chups wrote:

Well, I applaud your optimism. I really don't want to squash it and I hope it carries you a long ways in life.

But it is unrealistic to believe FAs will see it the same way after a 4 win season. Any vet FA looking ot go to a playoff contender is not coming here, that is a harsh reality. Maybe if we can scrape up 7+wins this year they may feel differently next season. But if a FA comes here right now, it will not be because they feel we are a playoff contender.
Chups

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Chups wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Chups wrote:
RIP CITY wrote:
Chups wrote:

Well, I applaud your optimism. I really don't want to squash it and I hope it carries you a long ways in life.

But it is unrealistic to believe FAs will see it the same way after a 4 win season. Any vet FA looking ot go to a playoff contender is not coming here, that is a harsh reality. Maybe if we can scrape up 7+wins this year they may feel differently next season. But if a FA comes here right now, it will not be because they feel we are a playoff contender.

I'm not being optimistic. I'm being a realist. This team is a playoff contender. I didn't say Superbowl - I said "playoffs".

The same player that has been reportedly saying that the Lions are one of the teams he wants to play for in 2013? I feel like the words out of Freeney's mouth hold a lot more weight than someone's on a football discussion board.

Regardless, we are getting off-topic with non-sense about he said, she said chatter.
minus28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we really aren't going to merge both of the 2nd round posts?
Jrugges

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S.F.
SEA
STL
GB
CHI
MIN
NYG
WAS
ATL
N.O.

I really don't think we're playoff contenders... Unless we draft a couple probowlers somehow.
LION KING

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges wrote:
S.F.
SEA
STL
GB
CHI
MIN
NYG
WAS
ATL
N.O.

I really don't think we're playoff contenders... Unless we draft a couple probowlers somehow.

The only team better then Detroit is SF,SEA,ATL, Green Bay and New Orleans the rest we can compete with any day of the week!

YEAH I SAID IT FROM DAY ONE I TAKE A P OVER CALVIN !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: