Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2nd round pick!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1King

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mijags wrote:
woods is a slot. we already have that in broyles. gimmie hunter the deep threat or keenan allen, or even quinton patton.. guys who can stretch the field.

id be thrilled with carradine, but i think he goes to the jags

warford would be another good pick

armstead and watson, im not high on.....

okafor would be great......

Woods can play in the slot, but he is an outside WR (much like Patton).

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP CITY wrote:
cibowilson wrote:

It's like a draft Mind-Meld. That would be my best case scenario. Gotta hope AZ, Philly, and the Jets both get into a bidding war for a QB like Geno. Also, look for some one like Houston or Pittsburgh to trade up for Minter or Te'o.

It's like a draft mind meld. That is my best case scenario. Hopefully AZ, Philly,I can't wait for 3:30!

Yep, that's one thing the Lions have going for them, all the QB's and RB's are still on the board. Eventually there will be a run on both positions. Plus, there are bound to be teams that like Nassib and Barkley better than Geno, and vice versa. QB is all about team preference, so all 3 of those guys could go in the 2nd and help players of interest fall to the Lions. Plus Lacy and Ball will be going at some point soon so that also is good for pushing guys down to the Lions. Then there is always the "WTF" Picks, where teams reach a Round or two to get someone they like that no one expects. This all helps the Lions when it comes to players they need.

I am just praying the Lions don't get caught up in the RB run...
LION KING

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't need a running back with Bush playing the role!

I just hope they stick to fixing the defense!

YEAH I SAID IT FROM DAY ONE I TAKE A P OVER CALVIN !
DrRay11

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
RIP CITY wrote:
cibowilson wrote:

It's like a draft Mind-Meld. That would be my best case scenario. Gotta hope AZ, Philly, and the Jets both get into a bidding war for a QB like Geno. Also, look for some one like Houston or Pittsburgh to trade up for Minter or Te'o.

It's like a draft mind meld. That is my best case scenario. Hopefully AZ, Philly,I can't wait for 3:30!

Yep, that's one thing the Lions have going for them, all the QB's and RB's are still on the board. Eventually there will be a run on both positions. Plus, there are bound to be teams that like Nassib and Barkley better than Geno, and vice versa. QB is all about team preference, so all 3 of those guys could go in the 2nd and help players of interest fall to the Lions. Plus Lacy and Ball will be going at some point soon so that also is good for pushing guys down to the Lions. Then there is always the "WTF" Picks, where teams reach a Round or two to get someone they like that no one expects. This all helps the Lions when it comes to players they need.

Hopefully they can get smart and do a moderate trade down in the midst, if there is one.
LION KING

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they took a huge risk with there 5th pick why not take another risk and draft Alex Okafor DE in the 2nd round when he was healthy I thought he was one of the best defensive players.

Just an idea 2 DE are better then one lol. Rolling Eyes

FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
RIP CITY wrote:
cibowilson wrote:

Hopefully they can get smart and do a moderate trade down in the midst, if there is one.

Report on 97.1 is "Lions are shopping #36 to QB hungry teams"

Don't know who the OG source was so do what you will with the info.
EDIT:
Quote:
NFL Lions News: According to CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora the Lions are 'actively' shopping the 36th overall pick.

Last edited by FootballPhreak on Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Karnage_84

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently we are actively shopping 36. I'd love to add a second 3rd and trade back up into the 2nd.

Other than SLH, we haven't been all that great at hitting the later round guys and developing them. This year is huge for us. Our rivals, especially Minny, just seem to be getting better and better. Time for us to step up or this thing will get blown up and we'll be back at square one.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LION KING wrote:
So we made another mistake paying 25 mill to a average MLB when we could of drafted one cheaper in the 2nd round !! Rolling Eyes

Avg? You call Tulloch avg get want Fake'o? Lulz

Tulloch only question was pass cov and that's improved. He's a top 12 MLB

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
LION KING wrote:
So we made another mistake paying 25 mill to a average MLB when we could of drafted one cheaper in the 2nd round !! Rolling Eyes

25 million the guy should be top 5 at his position! Wink

detfan782004

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LION KING wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
LION KING wrote:

25 million the guy should be top 5 at his position! Wink

Avg per year it was actually a discount for his caliber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We only have 4 DE's on the roster with the addition Ansah so I'm sure we'll probably see some more additions at that position.

Just don't know if that'll happen in the 2nd, very well could I guess.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFan630 wrote:
We only have 4 DE's on the roster with the addition Ansah so I'm sure we'll probably see some more additions at that position.

Just don't know if that'll happen in the 2nd, very well could I guess.

They could always sign a free agent like Dwight Freeney too.
RIP CITY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Lions trade down I hope they just swap 2nd Round Pick, not move out of the 2nd Round entirely. That would be a mistake to me. I don't want to see more 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th Round players added to this roster, we have enough scrubs on the roster as it is and I don't trust Mayhew to find anyone in those Rounds. I don't even really trust him with 2nd or 3rd Rounders but at least he has a better chance at hitting on one of those even if it's by mistake, lol.
RIP CITY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chups wrote:

I still don't believe when all is said and done that Freeney goes to a non-Playoff team. I just don't see him coming here despite of what he said in some interview. He will sign with a contender.
Chups

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP CITY wrote:
Chups wrote:

I still don't believe when all is said and done that Freeney goes to a non-Playoff team. I just don't see him coming here despite of what he said in some interview. He will sign with a contender.

Who said the Lions aren't a playoff team? They have the talent to make it to the playoffs this year and are arguably the second best team in the division.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: