Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2nd round pick!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cibowilson

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitPride26 wrote:
cibowilson wrote:
I don't want Hunter w/ our 2nd. He reminds me to much of Roy Williams. If we take a WR I hope its Woods.

You think that cause thats what NFL Draft website has him compared to...I feel they just think of random guys....Ansah is not like Justin Tuck..

Actually I didn't know anyone had made that comparison before just now. Maybe it's the compression sleeves/arm bands.
cibowilson

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP CITY wrote:
I know David Amerson isn't very popular on this board but I really couldn't care less what's popular on this board, I love this kid, I think he has a TON of potential and he's got the size and athletic ability I want from a CB. I would definitely be thrilled if he was the Pick. Plus, again, I don't see any of the CB's the Lions Drafted last year as anything more than #3 guys and I think it's the biggest need on the team. Also there is not any reliable CB's left in Free Agency, where there is OL available in FA that I'd like to see the Lions add after they re-up with Stafford (Moore/Winston/Clabo etc.).

I'd be happy with Amerson, Jonathan Banks, Jamar Taylor, Tank Carradine, John Cyprien, Alex Okafor, Arthur Brown, DeMontre Moore and if they absolutely have to take a WR it's Justin Hunter or bust for me. Not a big fan of Robert Woods and want nothing to do with Keenan Allen who's just completely overrated as a player. They both lack the speed I want from a WR. Wouldn't be upset if they went with OL but again, I think they'd be better off filling those holes with the solid FA's available after they free up money with the Stafford deal.

I'm a big believer that you have to build your defense through the Draft and I'm hoping the Lions continue to address what is one of the least talented defenses in the NFL tonight.

I love Amerson as well and would love for us to take him. Even with our 2nd.
bdubs3316

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bgood21 wrote:
I think the talent right now is at DE. Possible players are:

Carnellius Carradine
Mangus Hunt
Damontre Moore

All are first round talent with flags.

So, we should draft DE in round 1 and in round 2? ****scratching head****

is DE the new WR for us?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bdubs3316 wrote:
bgood21 wrote:

Carnellius Carradine
Mangus Hunt
Damontre Moore

is DE the new WR for us?
Isn't there two starting DEs on the field? If we can successfully create a consistent pass rush, that would help our our secondary tremendously. Remember 2011?
RIP CITY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cibowilson wrote:

Yeah, it's looking like he's going to drop to the 3rd (I obviously think he's better than that) so if he's a for sure 3rd Rounder I have no problem picking one of the other players I listed first and then taking Amerson in the 3rd. That would actually be better. That's where the Lions hopefully did their homework this year. Because if he's seen as a 3rd Rounder by the rest of the teams then you Draft one of the other players first and nab him in the 3rd, it's what they should have done last year with Broyles, who they could have Drafted in the 3rd or maybe even lower due to his injury. They need to know where everyone is slotted by the other teams and Draft accordingly. Just because you love a guy (Broyles) doesn't mean you have to take him if no else is going to take him anytime soon. So same with Amerson, if no one is looking at him in the 2nd, then wait and grab him later and fill another need first.

I'm also hoping the Lions trade to get back into the 2nd Round after they take someone at #36. 5th through 7th Rounds Picks are mostly worthless and even more worthless when the guy Drafting (Mayhew) has proven he's not capable of finding diamonds in the rough that late. There is alot of talent left in this 2nd Round and also will be in the 3rd. Add another Pick in Round 2 or 3 would be my preference.
cibowilson

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP CITY wrote:
cibowilson wrote:

Yeah, it's looking like he's going to drop to the 3rd (I obviously think he's better than that) so if he's a for sure 3rd Rounder I have no problem picking one of the other players I listed first and then taking Amerson in the 3rd. That would actually be better. That's where the Lions hopefully did their homework this year. Because if he's seen as a 3rd Rounder by the rest of the teams then you Draft one of the other players first and nab him in the 3rd, it's what they should have done last year with Broyles, who they could have Drafted in the 3rd or maybe even lower due to his injury. They need to know where everyone is slotted by the other teams and Draft accordingly. Just because you love a guy (Broyles) doesn't mean you have to take him if no else is going to take him anytime soon. So same with Amerson, if no one is looking at him in the 2nd, then wait and grab him later and fill another need first.

I'm also hoping the Lions trade to get back into the 2nd Round after they take someone at #36. 5th through 7th Rounds Picks are mostly worthless and even more worthless when the guy Drafting (Mayhew) has proven he's not capable of finding diamonds in the rough that late. There is alot of talent left in this 2nd Round and also will be in the 3rd. Add another Pick in Round 2 or 3 would be my preference.

I don't think he will make it to the 3rd. It think there is going to be a run on CBs. I've thought for awhile he will go right around the same spot as Sean Smith-mid to lower end of 2nd.

Another forgotten guy is Barrett Jones. I don't think he will last to the 3rd and I would still be very happy w/ him as well.
bdubs3316

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
bdubs3316 wrote:
bgood21 wrote:

Carnellius Carradine
Mangus Hunt
Damontre Moore

is DE the new WR for us?
Isn't there two starting DEs on the field? If we can successfully create a consistent pass rush, that would help our our secondary tremendously. Remember 2011?

Yes there are...and we have multiple DE's on the roster...no reason to spend first 2 picks on ONE position when there are bigger holes elsewhere. remember last year?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cibowilson wrote:

I don't think he will make it to the 3rd. It think there is going to be a run on CBs. I've thought for awhile he will go right around the same spot as Sean Smith-mid to lower end of 2nd.

Another forgotten guy is Barrett Jones. I don't think he will last to the 3rd and I would still be very happy w/ him as well.

Definitely on the same page, my hope for the Draft beforehand was Ansah/Amerson/Jones with our 3 Picks. So it's lining up ok so far. That's why I'd like to see us add another 2nd or 3rd tonight. That way, you can nab Amerson and Jones and also add someone like Warford/Hunter/Carradine, whoever, as well. That's the type of night I'm hoping for.
cibowilson

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really afraid its going to be Hunter. He is the big fast WR we need. Only problem is this guy seems to lack the most important skill for a WR- the ability to catch a ball. He might be able to work on that but I wouldn't bank on it. A ton of upside, but I don't know if I want to draft back to back big time boom or bust players.
stylish313

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bdubs3316 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
bdubs3316 wrote:
bgood21 wrote:

Carnellius Carradine
Mangus Hunt
Damontre Moore

is DE the new WR for us?

Yes there are...and we have multiple DE's on the roster...no reason to spend first 2 picks on ONE position when there are bigger holes elsewhere. remember last year?
RDE- Ansah
LDE- Used to be Avril

Two selections, two different positions. The positions require different skill-sets, we need another DE.
cibowilson

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP CITY wrote:
cibowilson wrote:

Definitely on the same page, my hope for the Draft beforehand was Ansah/Amerson/Jones with our 3 Picks. So it's lining up ok so far. That's why I'd like to see us add another 2nd or 3rd tonight. That way, you can nab Amerson and Jones and also add someone like Warford/Hunter/Carradine, whoever, as well. That's the type of night I'm hoping for.

It's like a draft Mind-Meld. That would be my best case scenario. Gotta hope AZ, Philly, and the Jets both get into a bidding war for a QB like Geno. Also, look for some one like Houston or Pittsburgh to trade up for Minter or Te'o.

It's like a draft mind meld. That is my best case scenario. Hopefully AZ, Philly,I can't wait for 3:30!
bdubs3316

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
bdubs3316 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
bdubs3316 wrote:
bgood21 wrote:

Carnellius Carradine
Mangus Hunt
Damontre Moore

is DE the new WR for us?

RDE- Ansah
LDE- Used to be Avril

Two selections, two different positions. The positions require different skill-sets, we need another DE.

If you haven't heard...Schwartz already gave the LDE job to Jason Jones. I'm ok with picking up another DE...but not going DE in round 1 and 2.

Shouldnt have gone DE in round 1, but that's just my opinion

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bdubs3316 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
bdubs3316 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
bdubs3316 wrote:
bgood21 wrote:

Carnellius Carradine
Mangus Hunt
Damontre Moore

is DE the new WR for us?

RDE- Ansah
LDE- Used to be Avril

If you haven't heard...Schwartz already gave the LDE job to Jason Jones. I'm ok with picking up another DE...but not going DE in round 1 and 2.

You don't get handed a starting job in the off-season, that's just where they plan to play him. I have no doubt in my mind that Tank would beat him out for the job if healthy, and Okafor probably would as well. Hunt may be an even bigger athletic freak than Ansah, and that's dawn intriguing considering the talent we already have at DT.
stylish313

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bdubs3316 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
bdubs3316 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
bdubs3316 wrote:
bgood21 wrote:

Carnellius Carradine
Mangus Hunt
Damontre Moore

is DE the new WR for us?

RDE- Ansah
LDE- Used to be Avril

You don't get handed a starting job in the off-season, that's just where they plan to play him. I have no doubt in my mind that Tank would beat him out for the job if healthy, and Okafor probably would as well. Hunt may be an even bigger athletic freak than Ansah, and that's dawn intriguing considering the talent we already have at DT.
RIP CITY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cibowilson wrote:

It's like a draft Mind-Meld. That would be my best case scenario. Gotta hope AZ, Philly, and the Jets both get into a bidding war for a QB like Geno. Also, look for some one like Houston or Pittsburgh to trade up for Minter or Te'o.

It's like a draft mind meld. That is my best case scenario. Hopefully AZ, Philly,I can't wait for 3:30!

Yep, that's one thing the Lions have going for them, all the QB's and RB's are still on the board. Eventually there will be a run on both positions. Plus, there are bound to be teams that like Nassib and Barkley better than Geno, and vice versa. QB is all about team preference, so all 3 of those guys could go in the 2nd and help players of interest fall to the Lions. Plus Lacy and Ball will be going at some point soon so that also is good for pushing guys down to the Lions. Then there is always the "WTF" Picks, where teams reach a Round or two to get someone they like that no one expects. This all helps the Lions when it comes to players they need.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: