Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2nd round pick!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LION KING

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: 2nd round pick! Reply with quote

I have thought about it over the night with the moves the Lions didn't make bye passing on the best cover corner for a project defense end we need to keep adding talent to the front 7!

I would love to see them draft Manti Teo (ILB) in the 2nd round he reminds me of Chris old reliable! Wink

Who do ya want the Lions to take pick one player!

I actually like Alex Okafor (DE) too why not just fix the DL !

YEAH I SAID IT FROM DAY ONE I TAKE A P OVER CALVIN !

Last edited by LION KING on Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
stylish313

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad fit, we need a OLB not MLB where we just paid Tulloch $25M.
LION KING

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we made another mistake paying 25 mill to a average MLB when we could of drafted one cheaper in the 2nd round !! Rolling Eyes

YEAH I SAID IT FROM DAY ONE I TAKE A P OVER CALVIN !
Myth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#36 (2.4) Detroit Pick
★★★Taylor, Jamar CB, Boise State 1-2 5-11 192 4.37 2.49 1.53 22 35 10'07" 4.06 6.82
He would be value meeting need. However he doesn't have the length they desire. Still the best ranked player that fills a need.
★★★ Alford, Robert CB, Southeast Louisiana 3 5-10 188 4.34 2.51 1.55 17 40 11'00" 4.23 6.89
I really like this kid. I know most rankings don't have him this high. But there are SOME who have him high, right after the top 3 Cbs. And it takes only one to love him. Hes got explosive playmaking ability. Though he is one of the top postseason performers, his body of work is at the small school level. Also, the lions went for three of these kind of guys last year so they may shy from doing it again.
★★★ Amerson, *David CB, North Carolina State 2-3 6-1 205 4.35 2.50 1.50 15 35 1/2 10'07"
most draft analysts have him going in the 3rd, but I think this is who they really like. If they feel a Cb run is going to reaaly start in the 2nd round (as most are speculating) its better to be at the top of the run taking who fits your criteria best. He's not BPA, but it would show they know how to work the ebb and flow of the draft.
★★★Armstead, Terron OT, Arkansas -Pine Bluff 2 6-5 306 4.65 2.70 1.69 31 34 1/2 09'04" 4.72 7.62
Manelec Watson is probably ranked higher, but I think Watson is a RT only. I like armstead better because he has the best hands and is more mobile.
★★★ Warford, Larry OG, Kentucky 2 6-3 332 5.56 3.14 1.85 28 22 1/2 08'00" 5.10 7.78
He's a RG only so he doesn't have the same positional value as those I have above. But Imo he is the best fit along the o-line. But I desire a power player in the middle. He's not Chase Warmack, but he's more affordable and not that far off.
★★★ Hunter, *Justin WR, Tennessee 2 6-4 196 4.36 2.52 1.56 39 1/2 11'04" 4.33
★★ Woods, *Robert WR, Southern Cal 1-2 6-1 201 4.42 2.50 1.61 14 33 1/2 09'09" 4.47 7.15
★★ Brown, Arthur OLB, Kansas State 1-2 6-1 241 4.68 09'08"
Hunter, Woods, and Brown are purely BPA. Plus they fill a need. But none are a priority need. There are a lot of wrs in this draft. My favorite wr for the lions who I would target is Ryan Swope in a trade down for an additional mi 3rd rounder, and pass on these higher profile guys. Brown is a beast and I wouldn't mind him being picked. Especially since OLB is a need. I think he could turn into a bargaining chip with other teams if he is still there at 36.
ahoda

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the deal with the CB from UCONN? He was mocked to be a 1st round talent.
Myth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blidi or Gratz? Mid 2nd is my guess. I hate Blidi, after the guys I listed above, I have gratz, though
ahoda

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm talking about Blidi. I figured he would do well for our system. He seemed like a physical man corner.
flyguy1609

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about Logan Ryan? i have heard good things about him.
cibowilson

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want Hunter w/ our 2nd. He reminds me to much of Roy Williams. If we take a WR I hope its Woods.
LionsFan630

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cibowilson wrote:
I don't want Hunter w/ our 2nd. He reminds me to much of Roy Williams. If we take a WR I hope its Woods.

Roy Williams wasn't all that bad. Young Roy Williams next to CJ would make for a pretty great #2 IMO.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cibowilson wrote:

You think that cause thats what NFL Draft website has him compared to...I feel they just think of random guys....Ansah is not like Justin Tuck..
mijags

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woods is a slot. we already have that in broyles. gimmie hunter the deep threat or keenan allen, or even quinton patton.. guys who can stretch the field.

id be thrilled with carradine, but i think he goes to the jags

warford would be another good pick

armstead and watson, im not high on.....

okafor would be great......
RIP CITY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know David Amerson isn't very popular on this board but I really couldn't care less what's popular on this board, I love this kid, I think he has a TON of potential and he's got the size and athletic ability I want from a CB. I would definitely be thrilled if he was the Pick. Plus, again, I don't see any of the CB's the Lions Drafted last year as anything more than #3 guys and I think it's the biggest need on the team. Also there is not any reliable CB's left in Free Agency, where there is OL available in FA that I'd like to see the Lions add after they re-up with Stafford (Moore/Winston/Clabo etc.).

I'd be happy with Amerson, Jonathan Banks, Jamar Taylor, Tank Carradine, John Cyprien, Alex Okafor, Arthur Brown, DeMontre Moore and if they absolutely have to take a WR it's Justin Hunter or bust for me. Not a big fan of Robert Woods and want nothing to do with Keenan Allen who's just completely overrated as a player. They both lack the speed I want from a WR. Wouldn't be upset if they went with OL but again, I think they'd be better off filling those holes with the solid FA's available after they free up money with the Stafford deal.

I'm a big believer that you have to build your defense through the Draft and I'm hoping the Lions continue to address what is one of the least talented defenses in the NFL tonight.
bgood21

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the talent right now is at DE. Possible players are:

Carnellius Carradine
Mangus Hunt
Damontre Moore

All are first round talent with flags.
Typical_Lions

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bgood21 wrote:
I think the talent right now is at DE. Possible players are:

Carnellius Carradine
Mangus Hunt
Damontre Moore

All are first round talent with flags.

Moore could be intriguing. He had a terrible combine performance but improved greatly at his pro day. As an example he only lifted 225 12 times at the combine but managed 19 at the pro day. He also put on some weight. He would have to put on more weight still if he is gonna play in a 4-3 though. Plus, he will not be 21 until September.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: