Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Second Round
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Draft_FanAddict

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
LION KING wrote:
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
I'm not in love with the Ansah pick, but I didn't see a better option on the board for us. If Fisher and Joeckel were gone, I didn't want O-Line. Would love to have traded back for Warmack.

A lack of time hasn't allowed me to study the draft as much as I usually do, so I'm definitely behind in my knowledge. That said, here is the list of players that wouldn't make me want to bite Mayhew's face:

- Cyprien
- Allen
- Warford
- Watson
- Taylor

Milliner it was simple!
Milliner has/had some issues as well. He has a troubling injury history, and wasn't taught to backpedal in college (Saban teaches pattern-reading). I think he will be a good corner...but the #5 pick? I'm not sure he would have been the best choice; I think I like Ansah better.

Not really.
In addition to shoulder surgery, Milliner's medical includes a rod in his tibia, a past knee scope, and hernia surgery.

If that doesn't concern you, I don't know what would...a missing head?

They are also the most loyal.
1King

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft_FanAddict wrote:
1King wrote:
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
LION KING wrote:
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
I'm not in love with the Ansah pick, but I didn't see a better option on the board for us. If Fisher and Joeckel were gone, I didn't want O-Line. Would love to have traded back for Warmack.

A lack of time hasn't allowed me to study the draft as much as I usually do, so I'm definitely behind in my knowledge. That said, here is the list of players that wouldn't make me want to bite Mayhew's face:

- Cyprien
- Allen
- Warford
- Watson
- Taylor

Milliner it was simple!
Milliner has/had some issues as well. He has a troubling injury history, and wasn't taught to backpedal in college (Saban teaches pattern-reading). I think he will be a good corner...but the #5 pick? I'm not sure he would have been the best choice; I think I like Ansah better.

Not really.
In addition to shoulder surgery, Milliner's medical includes a rod in his tibia, a past knee scope, and hernia surgery.

All minor issues that have caused him to miss a grand total of 1 game in his entire career, if Im not mistaken. Everything I have read has said none of them are lingering issues and none of them are issues that have a chance of reoccurring or degenerating (i.e. concussion, acl, spine/back problems, etc.). In fact the last report I heard on his shoulder said if you were to look at it now, no one would even know he had an issue with it. None of that is what I would call "a troubling injury history."

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft_FanAddict wrote:

Quotable
2muchcornbread

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the idea of trading back a few spots and picking up an extra 4th round pick in the process. I just see a few teams wanting to jump up

Good value still on the boardA. Brown-LB still on the board
L. Warford- G still on the board

Lions logic is telling me Hunter-WR is the pick.
Draft_FanAddict

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
1King wrote:
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
LION KING wrote:
Draft_FanAddict wrote:

- Cyprien
- Allen
- Warford
- Watson
- Taylor

Milliner it was simple!

Not really.

All minor issues that have caused him to miss a grand total of 1 game in his entire career, if Im not mistaken. Everything I have read has said none of them are lingering issues and none of them are issues that have a chance of reoccurring or degenerating (i.e. concussion, acl, spine/back problems, etc.). In fact the last report I heard on his shoulder said if you were to look at it now, no one would even know he had an issue with it. None of that is what I would call "a troubling injury history."
Oh...he said it doesn't concern him? Well, then forget it. If Milliner says it's no problem, I'm sure he's fine. Too bad NFL doctors had a problem with it...but don't worry, we took another CB with injury concerns.

And here it is: FIRE MAYHEW

1King

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft_FanAddict wrote:
1King wrote:
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
1King wrote:
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
LION KING wrote:
Draft_FanAddict wrote:

- Cyprien
- Allen
- Warford
- Watson
- Taylor

Milliner it was simple!

Not really.

Oh...he said it doesn't concern him? Well, then forget it. If Milliner says it's no problem, I'm sure he's fine. Too bad NFL doctors had a problem with it...but don't worry, we took another CB with injury concerns.

Confused

Who said Milliner said anything? Everything I said came from reports from doctors, not Milliner.

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
Draft_FanAddict

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
1King wrote:
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
1King wrote:
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
LION KING wrote:
Draft_FanAddict wrote:

- Cyprien
- Allen
- Warford
- Watson
- Taylor

Milliner it was simple!

Not really.

:?

Who said Milliner said anything? Everything I said came from reports from doctors, not Milliner.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000162246/article/dee-milliners-shoulder-reportedly-a-concern-to-teams

I guess you didn't read that. Look, I'm not saying Milliner should have been off the board, but there's a fair amount of issues on his injury report, and that needed to be factored into his grade. I like Milliner, and would love to have him on the team. Would I have wanted him at #5? Nope. That's just my opinion.

cibowilson

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft_FanAddict wrote:
1King wrote:
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
1King wrote:
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
1King wrote:
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
LION KING wrote:
Draft_FanAddict wrote:

- Cyprien
- Allen
- Warford
- Watson
- Taylor

Milliner it was simple!

Not really.

Confused

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000162246/article/dee-milliners-shoulder-reportedly-a-concern-to-teams

I guess you didn't read that. Look, I'm not saying Milliner should have been off the board, but there's a fair amount of issues on his injury report, and that needed to be factored into his grade. I like Milliner, and would love to have him on the team. Would I have wanted him at #5? Nope. That's just my opinion.

I'm calling it right now; Milliner is going to be a bust.

You could see the panic in his face at just the thought of the pressure of replacing Revis. Prime asked him about it on stage right after he got picked and it looked like he - himself thinking about it. New York is going to chew that kid up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: