Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Second Round
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
detroitroar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mijags wrote:
why would they? they have boldin, crabtree, manningham, the dude they drafted from illinois last year........it would be a worse pick than eric reid in the mid first....

Yeah I dont see them going WR.

Hunt seems like a great fit.

Could see them taking a CB.

Maybe even a TE, but thats a longshot.

mijags

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can say right now that i wouldnt mind zach ertz......but if hes actually the pick at 36, i probably would be a bit upset
detroitroar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mijags wrote:
i can say right now that i wouldnt mind zach ertz......but if hes actually the pick at 36, i probably would be a bit upset

No thanks.

Id take Escobar over him.

Ertz is a better blocker, but Escobar wins in most receiving aspects.

mijags

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like we will have our pick of the top wideouts......philly might be a darkhorse for one of them.....which would suck....but if guys like allen/hunter/woods are there, i cant see one of them not being the pick, and i dont think the lions will trade out if those guys are there
lizardking28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mijags wrote:
why would they? they have boldin, crabtree, manningham, the dude they drafted from illinois last year........it would be a worse pick than eric reid in the mid first....

I agree it would be a low chance. Just read some one speculate they would want a field stretcher. I think we're good though

www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/22143918/nfl-draft-more-skill-positions-projected-in-the-second-round
Draft_FanAddict

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not in love with the Ansah pick, but I didn't see a better option on the board for us. If Fisher and Joeckel were gone, I didn't want O-Line. Would love to have traded back for Warmack.

A lack of time hasn't allowed me to study the draft as much as I usually do, so I'm definitely behind in my knowledge. That said, here is the list of players that wouldn't make me want to bite Mayhew's face:

- Cyprien
- Allen
- Warford
- Watson
- Taylor

They are also the most loyal.
mijags

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

watson would be a disappointing pick.
LION KING

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft_FanAddict wrote:
I'm not in love with the Ansah pick, but I didn't see a better option on the board for us. If Fisher and Joeckel were gone, I didn't want O-Line. Would love to have traded back for Warmack.

A lack of time hasn't allowed me to study the draft as much as I usually do, so I'm definitely behind in my knowledge. That said, here is the list of players that wouldn't make me want to bite Mayhew's face:

- Cyprien
- Allen
- Warford
- Watson
- Taylor

Milliner it was simple!

YEAH I SAID IT FROM DAY ONE I TAKE A P OVER CALVIN !
Draft_FanAddict

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LION KING wrote:
Draft_FanAddict wrote:

- Cyprien
- Allen
- Warford
- Watson
- Taylor

Milliner it was simple!
Milliner has/had some issues as well. He has a troubling injury history, and wasn't taught to backpedal in college (Saban teaches pattern-reading). I think he will be a good corner...but the #5 pick? I'm not sure he would have been the best choice; I think I like Ansah better.

They are also the most loyal.
Chups

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft_FanAddict wrote:
LION KING wrote:
Draft_FanAddict wrote:

- Cyprien
- Allen
- Warford
- Watson
- Taylor

Milliner it was simple!
Milliner has/had some issues as well. He has a troubling injury history, and wasn't taught to backpedal in college (Saban teaches pattern-reading). I think he will be a good corner...but the #5 pick? I'm not sure he would have been the best choice; I think I like Ansah better.

I think Milliner's biggest issue is the school he plays for. I've read (sorry I don't have a link) that scouts have issues with Alabama and Saban players because they already maxed out their potential. "You see what you get."
1King

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft_FanAddict wrote:
LION KING wrote:
Draft_FanAddict wrote:

- Cyprien
- Allen
- Warford
- Watson
- Taylor

Milliner it was simple!

Not really.

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
DTOW

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want nothing to do with Watson with our next pick. I would like either CB Taylor or a trade down and Warford.
LionsFan630

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the fact that two of Saban's buddies (Schwartz and Lombardi) passed on Milliner speaks volumes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTOW wrote:
I want nothing to do with Watson with our next pick. I would like either CB Taylor or a trade down and Warford.

I don't think a player like Warford is who we want on the offensive line. He's just too big and lacking of athletic ability. With the Lions offense, they want linemen who can get to the second level to help with screens, stretch plays, and runs outside of the tackles. They don't need an immovable object (which is good and bad) at guard.
DTOW

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think a player like Warford is who we want on the offensive line. He's just too big and lacking of athletic ability. With the Lions offense, they want linemen who can get to the second level to help with screens, stretch plays, and runs outside of the tackles. They don't need an immovable object (which is good and bad) at guard.[/quote]

The thing about Warford though is his size is kinda counter intuitive to how he plays. He is surprisingly not as good as a short yardage run blocker and he moves much better than you would expect for someone his size. Mirrors well in pass coverage and he played well against the big time DT in this draft. If we take him I would still want him to lose probably another 10 lbs but that is doable.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: