You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Friday NFL Draft Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iceman88

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
My big board for the 2nd pick would be

Carradine
Jesse Williams
Moore
Banks
Taylor
Cyprien
Hunter
Woods

Well it sounds like the Jags Evil or Very Mad are planning on taking Banks with their first pick in the 2nd. I think we may wait till our 3rd for CB and target, Wreh-Wilson, Amerson, Alford, Ryan, Matheiu, Slay or Poyer with that pick. I think that our 2nd will be DL or WR or Cyprien. I just do not want Woods, he has bust written all over him.

Props to Kempes ^
VY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiTaN NaTioN!! wrote:
Moore or Carradine in the 2nd, and Da'Rick Rodgers in the 3rd. I know people won't like the Rodgers pick, but if this guy can keep his head on straight, which I believe he can, I think he will have a better career than anyone else in the draft at his position.

Can only imagine put him with another knucklehead like Britt... I'd probably be ok with it though, kid can play. 3rd round isn't too much of a commitment
Ockham

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carradine
Moore
Cyprien
Allen
Taylor
Lacy
Phillip Thomas
Swope
Barrett Jones
Honey Badger
Mike Buchanan

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

Carradine
Jesse Williams
Moore
Banks
Taylor
Cyprien
Hunter
Woods

Well it sounds like the Jags Evil or Very Mad are planning on taking Banks with their first pick in the 2nd. I think we may wait till our 3rd for CB and target, Wreh-Wilson, Amerson, Alford, Ryan, Matheiu, Slay or Poyer with that pick. I think that our 2nd will be DL or WR or Cyprien. I just do not want Woods, he has bust written all over him.

It's funny because I think the opposite with Woods. I think he's somewhat overlooked at this point. If we're still looking for a slot/underneath WR, Woods would flourish tremendously in that role. He's a great route runner with good hands and deceptive speed. He reminds me a lot of Greg Jennings tbh.
TiTaN NaTioN!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY wrote:
TiTaN NaTioN!! wrote:
Moore or Carradine in the 2nd, and Da'Rick Rodgers in the 3rd. I know people won't like the Rodgers pick, but if this guy can keep his head on straight, which I believe he can, I think he will have a better career than anyone else in the draft at his position.

Can only imagine put him with another knucklehead like Britt... I'd probably be ok with it though, kid can play. 3rd round isn't too much of a commitment

Well I read somewhere that he failed 1 drug test at UT but passed 11 or so I think, while at the college he transferred to. And plus, the guy is a hell of a receiver and tough. I watched him catch a pass over the middle at the goaline and get sandwiched between 2 defenders. While the 2 defenders lay injured he gets right up like it didn't phase him.
PSN: J-SLeeZY87
VY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiTaN NaTioN!! wrote:
Well I read somewhere that he failed 1 drug test at UT but passed 11 or so I think, while at the college he transferred to. And plus, the guy is a hell of a receiver and tough. I watched him catch a pass over the middle at the goaline and get sandwiched between 2 defenders. While the 2 defenders lay injured he gets right up like it didn't phase him.

I don't doubt his talent for sure, just needs to stay clean off the field. He would actually be a pretty shrewd pickup for Munch, as with his physicality he may be ready out the gates and able to contribute early. This coaching staff needs all the help it can get now, not much time to wait.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want no part of Demontre Moore. I don't like what he puts on film and his sacks just look too much like "luck" than skill.
Iceman88

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

Carradine
Jesse Williams
Moore
Banks
Taylor
Cyprien
Hunter
Woods

It's funny because I think the opposite with Woods. I think he's somewhat overlooked at this point. If we're still looking for a slot/underneath WR, Woods would flourish tremendously in that role. He's a great route runner with good hands and deceptive speed. He reminds me a lot of Greg Jennings tbh.

He is not a deep threat, and since he was injured he is not the same player. I have him as the 9th WR on my board because I watched his tape and I was extremely unimpressed. Especially since he has had a decent QB.

Props to Kempes ^
coleman51

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
I want no part of Demontre Moore. I don't like what he puts on film and his sacks just look too much like "luck" than skill.

As long as he gets Luck Cool Wink

Quote:
@jwyattsports 1h
#Titans safety Bernard Pollard on #Chiefs: “I’m mad at the fact they’ve decided to come here and play football in our stadium."

RIP Stylish313
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To piggyback on my Woods to Jennings comparison, here is the scouting report of Woods and of Jennings when he was coming into the league.

Woods
Quote:
STRENGTHS: Savvy hands-catcher and does a nice job making plays in stride. Polished and crafty route runner and does a nice job changing speeds in his patterns to keep defenders off balance. Sharp in-and-out of his breaks with strong plant-and-go quickness. Not naturally explosive but accelerates quickly with very good body control and balance. Fast hands with very good hand/eye coordination and drops are rare with him. Fluid frame and smooth hips to adjust and make tough catches. Can climb the ladder and snatch the ball out of the air. A lot of screens and asked to create on his own with good vision with the ball in his hands. Deceiving strength to come down with contested grabs with the toughness and fearless attitude to fight for every yard and go over the middle. Unselfish player and gives good effort as a blocker. Always looking to get better and improve, known as a strong practice player and hard worker. Good production the past three seasons, leaving college with 252 career receptions and experience as a kickoff and punt returner.

WEAKNESSES: Not an elite size/speed/strength athlete and has some stiffness in his ankles. Lacks track-like speed and won't be able to win with his wheels alone. Limited bulk and muscle tone and can be out-muscled in his routes. Needs to stay controlled in his routes and has the bad habit of extending his arms downfield and will be flagged for pushing off. Gets himself in trouble when trying to retreat or go backwards, either as a receiver or return man. Overzealous blocker and needs to improve his technique. Had concussion symptoms vs. Utah in 2012 and battled several ankle issues over his career

Jennings
Quote:
Positives: Shows good initial quickness and sudden burst coming off the line to avoid the jam … Has the shake-and-bake moves, loose hips and second gear to prevent defenders from rerouting him once he gets into his patterns … Has soft, natural hands, especially when tracking the ball over his shoulder … Good route-runner who might round his cuts at times, but shows the gliding stride to get in and out of his breaks … Does a nice job of keeping his feet when working along the sidelines … Runs with the ball securely and has the speed to get vertical and separate from slower defenders after the catch … Can run past defenders on returns, making good decisions, and shows the hip snap to redirect and squeeze through tight quarters.

Negatives: Has a lean, angular frame with marginal strength … Needs to add more bulk and power in order to absorb punishment at the next level, but his frame has room for only a little bit more growth … Likes to compete for the ball in traffic, but his smaller size and slight frame sees him get "ping-ponged" a lot trying to secure the ball in a crowd … His size and strength issues become evident when he is asked to block, as he lacks the hand strength to lock on and sustain at the line and does not seem to relish the idea of stalking and taking on linebackers as a cut blocker in the second level.

Sounds eerie similar.
Iceman88

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
To piggyback on my Woods to Jennings comparison, here is the scouting report of Woods and of Jennings when he was coming into the league.

Woods
Quote:
STRENGTHS: Savvy hands-catcher and does a nice job making plays in stride. Polished and crafty route runner and does a nice job changing speeds in his patterns to keep defenders off balance. Sharp in-and-out of his breaks with strong plant-and-go quickness. Not naturally explosive but accelerates quickly with very good body control and balance. Fast hands with very good hand/eye coordination and drops are rare with him. Fluid frame and smooth hips to adjust and make tough catches. Can climb the ladder and snatch the ball out of the air. A lot of screens and asked to create on his own with good vision with the ball in his hands. Deceiving strength to come down with contested grabs with the toughness and fearless attitude to fight for every yard and go over the middle. Unselfish player and gives good effort as a blocker. Always looking to get better and improve, known as a strong practice player and hard worker. Good production the past three seasons, leaving college with 252 career receptions and experience as a kickoff and punt returner.

WEAKNESSES: Not an elite size/speed/strength athlete and has some stiffness in his ankles. Lacks track-like speed and won't be able to win with his wheels alone. Limited bulk and muscle tone and can be out-muscled in his routes. Needs to stay controlled in his routes and has the bad habit of extending his arms downfield and will be flagged for pushing off. Gets himself in trouble when trying to retreat or go backwards, either as a receiver or return man. Overzealous blocker and needs to improve his technique. Had concussion symptoms vs. Utah in 2012 and battled several ankle issues over his career

Jennings
Quote:
Positives: Shows good initial quickness and sudden burst coming off the line to avoid the jam … Has the shake-and-bake moves, loose hips and second gear to prevent defenders from rerouting him once he gets into his patterns … Has soft, natural hands, especially when tracking the ball over his shoulder … Good route-runner who might round his cuts at times, but shows the gliding stride to get in and out of his breaks … Does a nice job of keeping his feet when working along the sidelines … Runs with the ball securely and has the speed to get vertical and separate from slower defenders after the catch … Can run past defenders on returns, making good decisions, and shows the hip snap to redirect and squeeze through tight quarters.

Negatives: Has a lean, angular frame with marginal strength … Needs to add more bulk and power in order to absorb punishment at the next level, but his frame has room for only a little bit more growth … Likes to compete for the ball in traffic, but his smaller size and slight frame sees him get "ping-ponged" a lot trying to secure the ball in a crowd … His size and strength issues become evident when he is asked to block, as he lacks the hand strength to lock on and sustain at the line and does not seem to relish the idea of stalking and taking on linebackers as a cut blocker in the second level.

Sounds eerie similar.

The knock I have on Woods is that he was characterized a "burner" and uses his athleticism to beat DBs. Well he ran a 4.51 40, which to me that does not say burner and he is not going to be able to separate from DBs. NFL.com states that he lacks that elusiveness and pure speed that NFL teams covet. He has problems with drops, tends to body catch way too much. Honestly I want nothing to do with him, Terrance Williams ran a 4.52 40, and he is considered by many to be slow so where does that leave Woods? I have Williams ranked at 8th WR just before Woods. I might be okay if we get Woods in the 3rd but there a many other WRs that I like a lot more.

Props to Kempes ^
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:

Woods
Quote:

Jennings
Quote:

Sounds eerie similar.

The knock I have on Woods is that he was characterized a "burner" and uses his athleticism to beat DBs. Well he ran a 4.51 40, which to me that does not say burner and he is not going to be able to separate from DBs. NFL.com states that he lacks that elusiveness and pure speed that NFL teams covet. He has problems with drops, tends to body catch way too much. Honestly I want nothing to do with him, Terrance Williams ran a 4.52 40, and he is considered by many to be slow so where does that leave Woods? I have Williams ranked at 8th WR just before Woods. I might be okay if we get Woods in the 3rd but there a many other WRs that I like a lot more.

We don't really need a burner though. Britt if healthy is a great downfield threat and KW can get down field, too. Woods would be groomed to take over Washington's spot.
Iceman88

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:

Woods
Quote:

Jennings
Quote:

Sounds eerie similar.

We don't really need a burner though. Britt if healthy is a great downfield threat and KW can get down field, too. Woods would be groomed to take over Washington's spot.

My point throughout this entire process has been we may need to replace Britt. Who knows if he will be back after next season? I would rather have Hunter, Allen, Patton or Wheaton (my favorite WR in this draft). All of the these players have attributes that would fit us better than Woods. Not to mention USC has not produced a productive receiver for years.

Props to Kempes ^
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:

My point throughout this entire process has been we may need to replace Britt. Who knows if he will be back after next season? I would rather have Hunter, Allen, Patton or Wheaton (my favorite WR in this draft). All of the these players have attributes that would fit us better than Woods. Not to mention USC has not produced a productive receiver for years.

I think that's the big question. Do our coaching staff feel confident enough in Britt's future to draft a WR to complement him and Wright or do they intend on drafting someone to potentially replace him. If it's to complement Britt and Wright then I think Woods is the WR to go to. If it's a WR to potentially replace Britt then I think Hunter's the WR to pick.

To change the topic a bit, I think Jamar Taylor should get serious consideration if he slips to our pick. I think he could wind up being the best CB in this draft class when it's all said and done.
Iceman88

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:

I think that's the big question. Do our coaching staff feel confident enough in Britt's future to draft a WR to complement him and Wright or do they intend on drafting someone to potentially replace him. If it's to complement Britt and Wright then I think Woods is the WR to go to. If it's a WR to potentially replace Britt then I think Hunter's the WR to pick.

To change the topic a bit, I think Jamar Taylor should get serious consideration if he slips to our pick. I think he could wind up being the best CB in this draft class when it's all said and done.

I mentioned it before that after this season the only two WRs who are under contract for next season are Washington and Wright. I honestly think that Britt could pull a "Cook" and leave for more money, I could see the Jets making him a huge offer after next season. With that being said even if your looking to compliment our current WRs Wheaton and Patton would both be better players, Wheaton has more speed and experience and Patton is similar to Woods but is a much better player better hands and better production.

I wouldnt mind Taylor, but Banks is the best corner left.

Props to Kempes ^

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 2 of 15

Jump to: