Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2nd Round: Who they draft/Who you want
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMike

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexasBearsFan wrote:
You know if he picks Schwenke there will be riots in the streets.
I guess I'd be ok if we took 3rd round values with every pick. It would get better as the draft went on. Laughing
topwop1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
TexasBearsFan wrote:
I guess I'd be ok if we took 3rd round values with every pick. It would get better as the draft went on. Laughing

3rd round values according to who though?

Only opinion that should really matter on how these players are ranked should be that of Emery's and the scouting staff's, not NFLdraftscout.com or any other draft related website/so called guru, or any of us for that matter.

Leave it to the pros.
bkokot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a weird feeling we draft Chase Thomas in the 2nd. I really hope I'm wrong as this would be another reach. I'd take him with our 4th though to play at the SLB spot.
DaMike

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
TexasBearsFan wrote:

Only opinion that should really matter on how these players are ranked should be that of Emery's and the scouting staff's, not NFLdraftscout.com or any other draft related website/so called guru, or any of us for that matter.

Leave it to the pros.
Based on my opinion. Obviously this forum is based off of all of us stating our opinions. Just because we take a player in the 1st round by a professional doesnt mean its a good decision.
BonanzaHawk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Keenan Allen is on the board for us and we don't take him, that's the wrong move.

I want Allen or Arthur Brown. Wouldn't be super opposed to Johnathan Banks either, though. 6'2" corner running a 4.5 who's great in run support will contribute as a nickel from the get-go and eventually turn into a good outside corner.
JPeppers90

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind Schwenke at 50, but if we are gonna go that route I would like to trade back and pick up a 3rd if we're going to do so.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Arthur Brown... Khaseem Greene...Jordan Poyer.
This. I wouldn't mind Schwenke or Jones to basically restore our entire line in one off-season.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
TexasBearsFan wrote:

There shouldn't be.

Agreed. I almost think we should just go ahead and get the OL overhaul over with, grab our C of the future, and keep Jay off his arse for the next 10 years.

Yep I agree....although there would certainly be a large group that would be pissed about that pick.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
bears2308

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
TexasBearsFan wrote:

There shouldn't be.

Agreed. I almost think we should just go ahead and get the OL overhaul over with, grab our C of the future, and keep Jay off his arse for the next 10 years.

Yep I agree....although there would certainly be a large group that would be pissed about that pick.

To those that would be upset about not grabbing a linebacker or corner need to realize Emery picked up two, who IMO, are better starters at MLB and SLB. Tillman and Jennings are stud corners and if we want to win this year a nickel corner or back-up linebacker isn't going to help as much as a center.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd round is going to be fun!! So much good value!

Wreh-Wilson
Banks
Taylor
Alford
Brown
Greene
Minter
Woods
Short

Adopt-Bear:Jon Bostic Tackles: 56 INT:1 Sack:1
#22dabears

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bears2308 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
TexasBearsFan wrote:

There shouldn't be.

To those that would be upset about not grabbing a linebacker or corner need to realize Emery picked up two, who IMO, are better starters at MLB and SLB. Tillman and Jennings are stud corners and if we want to win this year a nickel corner or back-up linebacker isn't going to help as much as a center.

I wouldn't be opposed to Schwenke but feel like we've done enough on the OL to focus on adding much needed depth at LB and/or CB. That being said, with Trestman and Kromer looking to put their stamp on this team, I wouldn't be surprised if they went down that path.

sig by chisoxguy7
Chronickerr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#22dabears wrote:
bears2308 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
TexasBearsFan wrote:

There shouldn't be.

I wouldn't be opposed to Schwenke but feel like we've done enough on the OL to focus on adding much needed depth at LB and/or CB. That being said, with Trestman and Kromer looking to put their stamp on this team, I wouldn't be surprised if they went down that path.

I feel like it'll be LB or CB here in 2 unless we trade back and get a third as well. The two new LB's are on 1 year deals and are risks. Anderson missed the last 4 games last year with shoulder and back problems and DJ Williams has had off the field issues in the past and missed most of last season due to it. If they prove they're upgrades this year they might move to where the money is the following year. Plus, there's no depth behind them to boot. I'm all for adding an offensive playmaker as well but we just don't seem to have enough picks so I'm all for moving back to late 2nd and adding a 3rd.
Epyon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to amend my prediction/best case scenario here...

Bears trade down, and trade draft picks from next year... We get 2x- later 2nd round picks, and 1x-3rd round pick (I'll let the trade gurus determine the value on what we give up for those)

We (still) get Schwenke-C (Or Barrett Jones)... Who's not as big of a reach later in the second, Oline is fixed.

With the remaining 2nd and 3rd rounder, we are now free to go after a strong DE/LB/Nickel via BPA and ONE offensive weapon Receiver threat, or tight end seems to be getting alot of love. Ertz would be nice, but I'm actually starting to like the idea of Kelce since he can actually block... Running a double tight formation with two tight ends that can BOTH block and catch is a tempting thought
topwop1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
TexasBearsFan wrote:

Leave it to the pros.
Based on my opinion. Obviously this forum is based off of all of us stating our opinions. Just because we take a player in the 1st round by a professional doesnt mean its a good decision.

Doesn't mean it's a bad decision either. I think that's my whole point, is that a lot of us base our opinions on these media rankings and what we perceive but we're not in the business of scouting players and devoting the majority of our working hours towards understanding what goes on in evaluating these prospects and everything else that goes on in the pre-draft buildup.

The reality is that none of us know how any of these players are going to fare once they actually start practicing with NFL teams and playing games that matter. Which is why I say people should chill and just let the process take place. No need to overreact for nothing when you don't yet know how things will turn out.

For all we know Kyle Long will go on to be a hall of famer Guard in this league or he may prove to be a huge bust just like any other player that was drafted.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outside bet...

The Bears 2nd rounder will be from the West Coast.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: